Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

2024 Holidays

Smiley

• Site Supporter
14 hours ago, kagni said:

Subway down to Brookly Bridge, walk across the bridge - do it in morning before it gets too crowded.

I’d also recommend walking it in the evening as well. It takes on a totally different persona once the lights from the skyscrapers start to come on.

On 21/01/2024 at 14:47, Traf said:

I could have made them even more cost-effective 😉

Just saying.

Not used @Traf for this but interested on thoughts:

I regularly do Tenerife, usually Liverpool flight using Easyjet or them other cunts, book direct at a particular 3* KN Aparthotel Self catering, book early, pay early get a great price and some food vouchers chucked in.

Flight plus 2 hold cases prior to this year usually around £400-£450, room for 9 nights about £500.   Package always about £200 more than doing direct.

This November, got a package with Easyjet holidays same hotel for £950, flight only same flight with bags came up at £575!  Have they all started banging up the prices of flight only to push people into taking packages?

12 minutes ago, Gonk said:

Not used @Traf for this but interested on thoughts:

I regularly do Tenerife, usually Liverpool flight using Easyjet or them other cunts, book direct at a particular 3* KN Aparthotel Self catering, book early, pay early get a great price and some food vouchers chucked in.

Flight plus 2 hold cases prior to this year usually around £400-£450, room for 9 nights about £500.   Package always about £200 more than doing direct.

This November, got a package with Easyjet holidays same hotel for £950, flight only same flight with bags came up at £575!  Have they all started banging up the prices of flight only to push people into taking packages?

I'd have done it cheaper 😉

But no, they're only charging the flight taxes on a package booking and giving you the flights for a penny, because it's their own planes they're using.

Seriously, guys, if you're going to book with Easyjet Holidays, Jet2 Holidays, TUI etc, please ask an independent travel agent to book it for you. At worst, it'll be the same price as online, but you'll have an actual person to deal with and not a chatbot and the agent will be more grateful for the business. We handle all the admin etc and you have exactly the same consumer rights, plus you'll be helping a small business.

Edited by Traf

• Site Supporter
7 hours ago, Traf said:

But no, they're only charging the flight taxes on a package booking and giving you the flights for a penny, because it's their own planes they're using.

Seriously, guys, if you're going to book with Easyjet Holidays, Jet2 Holidays, TUI etc, please ask an independent travel agent to book it for you. At worst, it'll be the same price as online, but you'll have an actual person to deal with and not a chatbot and the agent will be more grateful for the business. We handle all the admin etc and you have exactly the same consumer rights, plus you'll be helping a small business.

A question:

Every time I get off a Jet2 plane at Manchester they hand me (and everyone else) a slip of paper with ‘Save £60 Off Your Next Booking’.

I’ve got two from a recent trip to Spain which I’ll be using in September for Crete.

Can an independent agent use said vouchers on my behalf?

5 hours ago, MickyD said:

Can an independent agent use said vouchers on my behalf?

If they want to, yes.

Essentially how it works is that the trade site prices on Jet2 are 6% higher than what you see on the retail. site, but we get 10.5% commission if we can sell at the price Jet 2 want us to.

We can price match the retail site by cutting our commission down to around 4.5%.

The issue with the £60 vouchers is that they also come out of our bottom line, so the sale has to be over £1350 before we make a penny if a client uses a voucher, so some agents won't accept them unless the booking is worth a certain amount.

We all want to take bookings, but nobody wants to work for nothing. 

Edited by Traf

13 hours ago, Traf said:

On 15/01/2024 at 22:09, MancWanderer said:

Got Croatia booked with Traf tours for June 

I’ll shamelessly plug @Traf here. If you have a Mrs like mine who relentlessly views TUI holidays. Traf will get you the same deal (or better) with private transfers rather than sat on a coach with scutters and a bloke on the end of a phone rather than a shit website/app that does fuck all if things aren’t right 

Once again. Is why I do it via our resident local travel agent. 

• Site Supporter
10 hours ago, Traf said:

If they want to, yes.

Essentially how it works is that the trade site prices on Jet2 are 6% higher than what you see on the retail. site, but we get 10.5% commission if we can sell at the price Jet 2 want us to.

We can price match the retail site by cutting our commission down to around 4.5%.

The issue with the £60 vouchers is that they also come out of our bottom line, so the sale has to be over £1350 before we make a penny if a client uses a voucher, so some agents won't accept them unless the booking is worth a certain amount.

We all want to take bookings, but nobody wants to work for nothing. 

Gotcha. 

• 2 weeks later...

Just back from 5 nights in New York and I’m well and truly shagged! Averaged around 28k steps a day but it was all well worth it. Did all the usual tourist spots. Statue of Liberty, Ground Zero, 9/11 museum, Central Park etc. the museum was very moving and well worth a visit. Did the Micheal Jackson show on broadway which was superb. Also If you get chance to walk Brooklyn bridge try to do it at sunset, some amazing views. 

Shit points….Ellens stardust Diner. What a shit hole, I’ve been in cleaner Trucker cafes and the food was shite. As you’d expect the prices over their make London look cheap, especially  once they add on taxes, tips and anything else they can think of. 

Finally the MAGA burger in Trump Tower is a must 😉🇺🇸

Edited by royal white

• Site Supporter
4 minutes ago, royal white said:

Just back from 5 nights in New York and I’m well and truly shagged! Averaged around 28k steps a day but it was all well worth it. Did all the usual tourist spots. Statue of Liberty, Ground Zero, 9/11 museum, Central Park etc. the museum was very moving and well worth a visit. Did the Micheal Jackson show on broadway which was superb. Also If you get chance to walk Brooklyn bridge try to do it at sunset, some amazing views. 

Shit points….Ellens stardust Diner. What a shit hole, I’ve been in cleaner Trucker cafes and the food was shite. As you’d expect the prices over their make London look cheap, especially  once they add on taxes, tips and anything else they can think of. 

Finally the MAGA burger in Trump Tower is a must 😉🇺🇸

It's a fantastic city for sure. The missus wanted to go to Ellen's last time and I am glad I steered her to the reviews, seems they are right.

Brooklyn Bridge is definately a sunrise or sunset photo op, we have done both but sunset has the better photos though much busier obvs.

• 2 weeks later...

Anyone recommend a decent central hotel in Delhi for one night? And a tour guide whilst I’m there? Probably wanna see the Tomb and Red Fort, other worthwhile sites. Got approx 24 hours to kill.