Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Forest Green Rovers (H)

Zico

7 minutes ago, Francis Fogarty said:

I've been going long enough to know the difference. I've seen some shit performances and some shit refereeing. I've booed shit officials.

Well where I was sat in NSL the people around me seemed to be only booing the ref at HT - interspersed with the likes "FO ref you clueless xxxx" etc etc so I think DazBob's point stands

• Site Supporter
21 minutes ago, Francis Fogarty said:

I've been going long enough to know the difference. I've seen some shit performances and some shit refereeing. I've booed shit officials.

How could you possibly know? I booed the officials at half time as they were leaving the pitch, then again before the second half when they returned. Would never boo a Bolton player.

Edited by Cheese

11 minutes ago, mickbrown said:

Can't be sure of who they are booing.

The sarcastic cheers when he got subbed left little doubt though 

And booing from sections of the west stand as he went to the bench. 

Pathetic and makes us look like dick heads.

• Site Supporter
3 minutes ago, gonzo said:

And booing from sections of the west stand as he went to the bench. 

Pathetic and makes us look like dick heads.

Yep. Embarrassing. Booing your own player. Just doesn't fit in my head.

Then again, I'm sure booing the referee doesn't fit in other peoples heads. I'm sure he was doing his best.

Edited by Cheese

1 hour ago, DirtySanchez said:

I never understand why people clap a player who has been sent off as he leaves the pitch 

He's done something stupid, put the team down to ten men and at a disadvantage

What's to be applauded?

That’s not always true is it did Santos do something stupid last season at Morecambe when the ball hit his chest the ref gave a penalty and sent him off.  

9 hours ago, Biggish Dave said:

I was only comfortable once the ref blew for full time but I’ll take that all day long.

Bradley and Dempsey in particular ran their bollocks off. I’m not judging Williams yet, the lad is clearly nowhere near match fit, off again with what looked like cramp. That sub told us everything about Dec Johns time left.

Sick of Kachunga. He offers nothing but last night let his team down.

Shola looked a bit Sheehan for me, luxury light weight. A few nice touches but didn’t look ready for 90 mins.

Job done, move on.

If it was just a case of tiring after an hour, fair enough.  But simple misplaced passes from the first 5 minutes, it goes beyond fitness.  And if he's so unfit IEs decision to have started him the last 4 games is even more puzzling. 

One thing Williams has done is highlighted how hard working the other players are, first and foremost an IE player has good body language and attitude and a never say die attitude (possibly partly explains Dapo being out of favour), and when we sign someone not in that mould it stands out a mile.  

• Site Supporter
1 minute ago, Johnnyrotten said:

If it was just a case of tiring after an hour, fair enough.  But simple misplaced passes from the first 5 minutes, it goes beyond fitness.  And if he's so unfit IEs decision to have started him the last 4 games is even more puzzling. 

One thing Williams has done is highlighted how hard working the other players are, first and foremost an IE player has good body language and attitude and a never say die attitude (possibly partly explains Dapo being out of favour), and when we sign someone not in that mould it stands out a mile.  

Give him a chance! Santos was a write-off after 3 games. People were questioning Dempsey a couple of months ago, even though he'd never done owt wrong. Do you folk never learn?

• Members
5 minutes ago, Chrisj said:

That’s not always true is it did Santos do something stupid last season at Morecambe when the ball hit his chest the ref gave a penalty and sent him off.  

No it isn't 

But I'm talking about when they have done something stupid and they get applauded off

7 hours ago, Traf said:

He might have told Evatt that, but I'm unconvinced. It was in front of us and it seemed like he was trying to show the ref that he'd been hit too. He was holding his lip/cheek out to show the ref, so I'm not sure how coherently he could have been pleading Dion's case.

7 hours ago, Cheese said:

So he's a lying bastard now as well.

29 minutes ago, athywhite1958 said:

Who's called him a lying bastard?

23 minutes ago, Cheese said:

Whoever suggests he lied to Evatt about owning up to the Red card offense.

19 minutes ago, athywhite1958 said:

Oh right, I must have missed it, I only saw someone say they were unconvinced he'd tried to tell the ref

That's right, R.

he didn't looking like he was making much of a case for Dion, seemed like he was more keen to show the ref & lino that he'd been hit.

Maybe the highlights video will improve my recollection.

• Site Supporter
6 minutes ago, athywhite1958 said:

Being very cynical here, if the roles were reversed and Charles hit a player and Kachunga was sent off despite other players telling the ref he was wrong, would any groups claim racism/discrimination?

Who's claimed racism/discrimination?

• Site Supporter
3 minutes ago, athywhite1958 said:

Nobody, I was merely playing devil's advocate and asked a question

Bit of a weird question. Suggests you are very deep into the "woke" culture war nonsense.

Edited by Cheese