Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Wycombe (A)

radcliffe white

Definite reality check, back to back 5 -0s can get most people giddy, but I always said personally I wouldn't dare to believe in autos until after seeing how we handle today.

Not a chance now, Barnsley also keep winning and are just 3 points behind with 3 games in hand.

Top 6 is the priority as it's always been and we are in danger of slipping down with others having more games to play.

On our day we can be unplayable and can be easy to get carried away. But I just feel that when it really comes to it, we bottle it e.g. Plymouth, Sheff Weds, Derby, Wycombe away.

We are close but we aren't there yet to get promoted imo. But still lots to be played

Edited by Lostock Whites

5 minutes ago, RoadRunnerFan said:

He's got more goals this season than Kacha has in 5 and a half years. Give the lad a chance. 

It’s early days for Adeboyejo, but his first touch is heavy, he doesn’t seem that strong in the air and he’s  not exactly pissed with pace.

Apart from that i’ll reserve judgement. 😀

Edited by Burndens Bogs

• Moderators

Not good but theres 2 teams on the pitch

Needed to take our early chances and its another good win

We didnt and ended up in a slugfest

Anyway, automatic wasnt really on, so lets manage fitness through til the play offs

And, please lets not have shit about how we aint getting in from the suicide squad

As tough an away fixture as there is in League 1. When we look back at the season and pinpoint games to kick ourselves over we will be looking at Forest Green and Cheltenham (a) and Oxford (h) not this. 

Picking up injuries like Dempsey is not what the doctor ordered at all. 

We need to refocus on consolidating that play off position and I suspect we will. #

I would not be fancying getting Wycombe in the play offs.

9 minutes ago, captainmed said:

I’ve never ever heard so much bluster & antagonism.

Anyway on ignore you go.

15 minutes ago, Lt. Aldo Raine said:

Every set piece either too long or too short

...and I suggested it might be because it's windy.

But thankfully you won't be able to read this - which is as well as you read negative things into everything I write.

1 minute ago, RoadRunnerFan said:

He's got more goals this season than Kacha has in 5 and a half years. Give the lad a chance. 

Of course he needs a chance but not impressed up to now for half a million maybe more suited to burton style who knows

. I suppose kacha would say he was playing in a higher  level and prem  within last  5 years 

3 minutes ago, captainmed said:

Our form against the current top 8 is a concern with only 2 wins.

That said I would have bitten your hand off to be where we are pre Xmas and I’m convinced we will make the play-offs with a couple of games to spare.

Need to win next week before another 2 aways.

I just think we lack that killer instinct being truly ruthless when it matters and that means beating your competition around you. We haven't picked up a single win against Sheff Weds, Ipswich, Derby or Plymouth this season, that's why we will finish below them

1 minute ago, Lostock Whites said:

I just think we lack that killer instinct being truly ruthless when it matters and that means beating your competition around you. We haven't picked up a single win against Sheff Weds, Ipswich, Derby or Plymouth this season, that's why we will finish below them

Yet we beat Posh and Barnsley away and let’s face it we were close against some of the others which could have gone our way. We’re still in amongst it but it was definitely a blow today sadly.

7 minutes ago, paulhanley said:

As tough an away fixture as there is in League 1. When we look back at the season and pinpoint games to kick ourselves over we will be looking at Forest Green and Cheltenham (a) and Oxford (h) not this. 

Picking up injuries like Dempsey is not what the doctor ordered at all. 

We need to refocus on consolidating that play off position and I suspect we will. #

I would not be fancying getting Wycombe in the play offs.

This. Although I suspect it might be either us OR Wycombe that makes the playoffs - hopefully us.

12 minutes ago, Whitesince63 said:

Too many changes for me, I’d have kept the back five and midfield together and definitely started Lee even if it meant missing him against Accy.

Evatt made one change from the starting line up against MK.

Your suggestion to bring in Lee would also be one change. 

What am I missing? 

Typical us away performance that really. 

As we play more conservative away from home there’s less commitment to the press. As a result a lot of our attacking impotence is taken away. The midfield at home smother teams with it. Allows us to build momentum and create pressure. We’re a yard or so off it away. We lose control of midfield, come 2nd best in many 2nd balls and generally find ourselves chasing the game. Territorially we’re on top but very few clear cut opportunities. Our first shot on target in that 2nd half was 81 mins! 

we’re right back in the play off pack and could conceivably finish 3rd or 7th. 

move on to weds which in spite of our league positions is a 50/50 game for me. Good performance and victory there and Today is a distant memory 

3 minutes ago, TM Trotter said:

Evatt made one change from the starting line up against MK.

Your suggestion to bring in Lee would also be one change. 

What am I missing? 

Did John start, did Bradley play, did Jones start at LWB? A change isn’t just players it’s formation and playing players in their usual position. Today we changed the whole back line in reality and it didn’t work did it?