Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Fleetwood(H)

DomRepWanderer

1 hour ago, Zico said:

it's also because both WBs are decent options

we relied on Bradley because John was sulking and we couldn't find an adequate replacement, which Randall looks to be with a pre-season behind him

we've now got the potential to be as good going forward as were with Fossey and John 

but we could still with a back up for JDC

I am happy with Jones as back up right back.

• Moderators
22 minutes ago, Mounts Kipper said:

I'd be happy to use Sadlier there sparingly but probably not going to happen 

If we do manage to move him and John on I'd expect anyone incoming to be of a rwb nature 

13 hours ago, Ani said:

Iredale playing the ball quicker to Williams really helps with this. 

I've really enjoyed that part of our game this season compared to last, the ball is getting moved quicker and I put that down to Iredale being less ponderous than Johnstone and Baxter getting on with the game more than Trafford.  Santos still slows it down but 1 out of 3 ain't bad and Santos is so good he's earned the right to play the game at his own pace.

11 hours ago, Wanderlust said:

We've scored 9 goals in 3 league games this year.

Last year it took us 9 games to score 9 league goals which we achieved on the 1st October against Lincoln.

Indeed.  And 6 goals from open play from strikers by mid August compared to the 6th being scored on 10th December last year!  Could just do with Charles scoring in a home game if we're being picky.

1 hour ago, Mounts Kipper said:

Yep. For the odd game this option is fine as we have ample cover for the outside CB position. Jones' delivery is really good and while he doesn't have JDC's athleticism, he'd be good enough when he has someone like Dempsey or Maghoma with him, who can carry the ball near that channel and bring defenders towards them 

Edited by boltonboris

9 hours ago, Johnnyrotten said:

I've really enjoyed that part of our game this season compared to last, the ball is getting moved quicker and I put that down to Iredale being less ponderous than Johnstone and Baxter getting on with the game more than Trafford.  Santos still slows it down but 1 out of 3 ain't bad and Santos is so good he's earned the right to play the game at his own pace.

Saw this on Twitter a week or so back which resonates with what we’re doing at the moment - particularly when Santos stands there or slowly ambles forward. Quite insightful actually.

https://x.com/lostockwanderer/status/1689216476245344256?s=46&t=VnTGWc6rFFhe_DKyHpZm3g

Edited by matty2094