Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Fleetwood(H)

DomRepWanderer

59 minutes ago, Arrested development said:

Vela is your typical salfordian. Cocky bellend. 

Second half was a dead rubber due to us being so good first half. Game was won by half time. 

Dion wasnt great tonight and he's certainly not irreplaceable. The red cards are not ideal but this team is on a roll playing like they want to win the league. Bring on those pie eating cunts. 

Charles had a shocker, real liability tonight, couldn’t control the ball and physically brushed aside time and again. A chance for Dan now presumably.

Anyway, well done Vic with deadly finishing, and Baxter. Tremendous saves, handling, communication and efficient use of the ball, class act.

"Misuse of technology"... never heard anything so ridiculous. 

Not having that put a dampener on tonight, we were unplayable that first half. Fantastic from Vic, but the service he was getting down the right was magical.

Fair enough to Fleetwood, they did threaten more than our previous few opponents. Baxter looked impressive.

13 minutes ago, W.cramp said:

Iles saying 'maghoma was a joy to watch'  now have I watched a different game or has he mixed him up with vic ?   (100% sickening I know)

I think the right wing delivery from both Paris and dacres cogley might be where he's getting mistaken. 

But we had 3 almost identical goals. We've struggled to get players getting those sorts of balls into the box and having someone get onto the end of em. 

Couple with set pieces looking positive and dion still being a pest... 

It's looking positive the goals will come. 

We just need the second line attacking lot to chip in when they're getting their cameos. 

• Moderators

Entertaining game 

Great first half 

Fleetwood weren't too shabby either and Baxter had a good game when required 

Two unnecessary red cards 

Charles a big miss but with Adeboyejo bang in form hopefully it won't matter 

Good thing about going 3-0 up so quickly this season is we can rest players with 30-20 mins rest without having to chase the game and still look in control 

Well that was an entertaining evening

I do like this new approach where we put in a few early goals rather than concede early and struggle back into the game :D

Have to be critical of Charles. Ref always looked like he wanted to give him a yellow and he gave him the second one on a plate. Looked like he was mugged off and fell for it but I didn’t have the best view. Needs to learn from it?

• Members

Brilliant first half performance.  Great tonseenus whipping the ball into the box at the first opportunity instead of the slow approach of last season.

2nd half was a bit sloppy and Charles was a moron.

I also get that Evatt is passionate, but he shouldn't be getting himself sent off when we're 3-0 up.