Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

When I go abroad....

wanderer1984

When I go abroad I want to experience something different from here in UK.

The weather, food, drink, cultures, landscapes etc. But most importantly to me is meeting the people from that country.

Makes me think why the fuck do tourists come to UK.

I get going to see the London Landmarks etc but that's it. Why would anyone fly to see any other UK city?

Weather is shite. Food is mostly shite and a ripoff. The good food, if you can find some isn't British and the general public are cunts.

Why would anyone spend their hard earned cash on a trip here and the return saying they had a good time.

Bet most can't wait to get home.

(My opinion ... don't ask me to prove it)

57 minutes ago, wanderer1984 said:

The weather, food, drink, cultures, landscapes etc. But most importantly to me is meeting the people from that country.

I get going to see the London Landmarks etc but that's it. Why would anyone fly to see any other UK city?

Weather is shite. Food is mostly shite and a ripoff. The good food, if you can find some isn't British and the general public are cunts.

Why would anyone spend their hard earned cash on a trip here and the return saying they had a good time.

Cotswolds, south coast, lakes, numerous Welsh resorts, the list is endless. Obviously it’s hit and miss with the weather but there’s plenty to do and see. 

Best country in the world 

1 minute ago, royal white said:

Cotswolds, south coast, lakes, numerous Welsh resorts, the list is endless. Obviously it’s hit and miss with the weather but there’s plenty to do and see. 

Best country in the world 

It's all OK but does it match what you can get elsewhere?

1 hour ago, wanderer1984 said:

Got to be up there with stupidest post ever on here. 

• Site Supporter
59 minutes ago, wanderer1984 said:

They don't.

Unless you have prior knowledge or on a guided tour tourist's do London only and maybe stonehenge at the most. Cultured ones might do Stratford. 

4 minutes ago, wanderer1984 said:

But if you were from another country would you think to go there like we do other places.

We met some American tourists on the beach today, who thought it was lovely......I didn't ask them why they'd decided to travel here though

Edited by Sweep

5 minutes ago, Winchester White said:

They don't.

Unless you have prior knowledge or on a guided tour tourist's do London only and maybe stonehenge at the most. Cultured ones might do Stratford. 

That's bollocks. 

York, teeming, Canterbury is only second to Venice in terms of tourists per resident head each summer. Cambridge same, Oxford as well.

Edinburgh, Hadrians Wall, the Cotswolds, the Lakes, Highlands....could go on and on and on and on...

This tiny island is dripping with history and brings in tourists all across the country by the bucketload all year round.

For all you folk that don't see.

If you had say 3 grand to spend on a holiday.

You're telling me you'd spend it on some caravan or shit hotel somewhere in UK with overpriced shitty food and pissing down rain.

Coming all this way to see stonehenge or eating fish and chips on Blackpool prom.

Nothing wrong with the above but surely they must think wtf.

• Site Supporter
3 minutes ago, Not in Crawley said:

That's bollocks. 

York, teeming, Canterbury is only second to Venice in terms of tourists per resident head each summer. Cambridge same, Oxford as well.

Edinburgh, Hadrians Wall, the Cotswolds, the Lakes, Highlands....could go on and on and on and on...

This tiny island is dripping with history and brings in tourists all across the country by the bucketload all year round.

Obviously I failed in my post. 

7 minutes ago, Not in Crawley said:

That's bollocks. 

" kids were off to UK this summer 😁"

" What we going to see? 😕 "

"A wall, some hills and some more hills ... pack your coat"

😔