Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Worst Songs Ever.

Rivers of babylon, grated my ears when it came on a pub jukebox in the 70s, then somebody put on the flipside, and played Brown girl in the ring, which made me walk out, leaving my drink. I have never heard such bilge, i can listen to a lot of music, but that made me puke, how that record got to No 1, is beyond me.

Rivers of babylon, grated my ears when it came on a pub jukebox in the 70s, then somebody put on the flipside, and played Brown girl in the ring, which made me walk out, leaving my drink. I have never heard such bilge, i can listen to a lot of music, but that made me puke, how that record got to No 1, is beyond me.

Yer reet,absolute drivel. Personally i tend to hate those that have a "sickly" feel.

Seasons in the sun - Terry Jacks

Clare - Gilbert O'Sullivan

Save all your kisses for me - Dooleys (?)

Save your love my darling - Rene and Renata

I could go on,but i can feel water rushing into my gills and i think i'm gonna hurl.

Yer reet,absolute drivel. Personally i tend to hate those that have a "sickly" feel.

Seasons in the sun - Terry Jacks

Clare - Gilbert O'Sullivan

Save all your kisses for me - Dooleys (?)

Save your love my darling - Rene and Renata

I could go on,but i can feel water rushing into my gills and i think i'm gonna hurl.

Brotherhood of Man

Summer The First Time

Honey (I miss you)

Puff The Magic Dragon

Billy Don't Be A Hero

• Members
Another worst song i dont want to come into my earlobes ever again, is that tune *Waltsing Matilda* by that half jock/cockney,Rod Stewart. What was he thinking of? Sorry Bolty, bet your fellow Aussies must have been cringing.

Don't apologise mate. Never heard it down here. Trust me, the fooking Aussies would twist it all around and the headlines would scream something like 'Sorry Poms plagiarise Aussie icon music'. You want to hear the hype and bullsh1t they put in the media about our cricketers. Headlines of 'Stresscothick' etc have been followed by ' The rest of the players are sitting up all night in their Adelaide hotel rooms with the lights on and crying for their mums' I sincerely hope we belt the cocky fookers. Unlikely but not completely out of the question. 2-1 either way.

Aye Rivers of Babylon was not a patch on Psalm 137 eh Leigh White.

We had joy we had fun, we had Burnley on the run

But the joy didn't last, cos the bastards ran too fast.

I've always known it as we had munich on the run!

Just occurred to me that an old Burnden song was a tune to Boney M's Mary's Boy Child.

Went something like...

Hark now here, the Burnden (or Bolton) sing

The <insert opposition> ran away

And we will sing forever more

Because of Saturday

Or have I gone mad....? :-k I'm a bit musically inept.

• Members
Just occurred to me that an old Burnden song was a tune to Boney M's Mary's Boy Child.

Went something like...

Because of Saturday

Nope JJ - it's a Christmas Carol (or are you taking the p1ss?). Those nasty subversive fookers from Boney M plagiarised it. One of the worst 'bands 'ever.

Went something like...

Because of Saturday

I think you will find that Johnny Mathis (aka The African Queen) recorded it far earlier than Boney M.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.