Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

My First Uefa Game Missed

SatanGreavsie

is tonight. :( Been shitting through a needle ever since getting back from Mexico on Monday; a 220 mile round trip drive on zero blood sugar is not a good idea, and work means I have to be back down here very first thing tomiorrow, so could not stay over. So, reluctantly, I've decided it aint worth the risk :(

Have a good 'un folks

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

is tonight. :( Been shitting through a needle ever since getting back from Mexico on Monday; a 220 mile round trip drive on zero blood sugar is not a good idea, and work means I have to be back down here very first thing tomiorrow, so could not stay over. So, reluctantly, I've decided it aint worth the risk :(

Have a good 'un folks

Queer!

You're record will match mine now!

15/16

Have a good 'un folks

You aren't the only one.

A lad we both know who got caught up in the Madrid batons is also bowing out from his 100% record, if not tonight then definitely with the away leg.

Edited by YATESY

• Moderators

Have a good 'un folks

One word, shithouse.

• Moderators

could have had 5 - taylor couldve had 3 of them

sure their keeper should have walked early on

i think they hardly deserved a goal, though they did have a big chunk of play especially second half, and hit the bar

1 bowt would have been fair

Have a good 'un folks

Great game!

We played long ball most of the game - which was to our strengths having started with Davies and Helguson up front. Not a bad tactic as we have some decentish midfielders to tag onto the knock downs.

Their defenders were tugging and grabbing Davies all night and inside the box on more than one occasion. Not sure why this isn't seen as a penalty everytime.

They weren't great, but looked to be dangerous on the break.

At 1-0 we had a great chance for a 2nd but somehow hit the bar.

They put us under some serious pressure, about 20 minutes, camped in our box, but never tested Al Habsi. They did hit the bar with a curling shot.

Their goal finally came during this period of pressure and wasn't any surprise.

We had a couple more decentish chances; when a cross went over Davies and fell to Taylor but he seemed to scuff it or not even connect properly at all and from a corner when the ball was knocked down and I think Taylor again failed to really connect with it from about 2-3 yards out.

Stelios looked lively (once again) and made a nuisance of himself - including getting one of theirs booked for a nothing foul - Stelios managed to do a triple-axle-summersault across the Reebok turf.

2-1 would have been a fairer result.

Looking at Everton and Tottenham's results tonight - I've got to be happy with ours.

1-1 over there and we dick them on pens.

Have a good 'un folks

pk.jpg

BOSS: Now Satan you have just returned from Mexico and deserve to see the famous Bolton Wanderers in Europe

SATAN: Well sir I'm really tired and have low blood sugar

BOSS: Never heard of mars bars and coca cola lad

SATAN: No it's OK boss I'm a wimp, I'll stay at home and do my washing and ironing

Edited by skin

Thought we played well with Davies and Helgar up front.

Sporting did start to get back into it but with little threat.

Then we went 8-1-1 and were completely over run. Won the ball, hoofed it up to nobody then prepared for another go from them. We got away with it in Madrid, but you can not play this way against quality teams. We are not good enough to absorb constant pressure for 40 mins

Have a good 'un folks

I came back from Mexico thinking, "nice one girl, you got out without getting the squitters or dying in a hurricane" BUT wait. 2 weeks later I started to get pains in my stomach.

The conclusion, I had digested a tapeworm. Less said about the rest of the story the better!

I feel your pain, mate, get well soon.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.