Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

End Of Season Lap Of Honour

BWFC tradition after the last home match of the season is for the players to do a lap of honour (call it what you will).

As long as I can remember, these have been well rewarded, qualifying for Europe twice, survival in the prem, div1 champions, promoted from div 2, even when we were relegated twice from the prem, you could give the lads a round of applause as an at best average team had tried their best all season.

This season there should be one after the Sunderland match by rights, but I feel we will be relegated after that match.

Will the players come out and applaud the fans after the match?

Will there be anyone in the stadium to give a fook?

Will fans stay behind to boo and curse the bunch of workshy overpaid primadonnas?

Will Gartside and Megson leave the stadium by another exit to avoid the group of fans hungry for their blood?

Sure be interesting.

BWFC tradition after the last home match of the season is for the players to do a lap of honour (call it what you will).

As long as I can remember, these have been well rewarded, qualifying for Europe twice, survival in the prem, div1 champions, promoted from div 2, even when we were relegated twice from the prem, you could give the lads a round of applause as an at best average team had tried their best all season.

This season there should be one after the Sunderland match by rights, but I feel we will be relegated after that match.

Will the players come out and applaud the fans after the match?

Will there be anyone in the stadium to give a fook?

Will fans stay behind to boo and curse the bunch of workshy overpaid primadonnas?

Will Gartside and Megson leave the stadium by another exit to avoid the group of fans hungry for their blood?

Sure be interesting.

We have had a run of seasons when the last game has been at home.

With 1 game to go it is an easy get out for giving this seasons lap of 'honour' a miss.

I was thinking about this the other day. I have a feeling that Yatesy may be right. There is certainly no 'honour' this season. They wouldnt be clapped anyway. I think it may just slip under the radar.

If they attempt a lap of dishonour, they should be pelted with bags of piss and shit.

Like it and quite true.Cant believe how much vengence i would let go if they dare walk round and give us a clap,cheeky bastards.

Scott Sellars at wembley v watford, gave everyone the v sign as he walked off after a 2-0 loss i seem to remember. A few of them knobs would get more than the v's off me after sunderland.............

• Site Supporter

i for one will aplaud them, not for this season , but who knows who will be there next year.

jussi ..... ............10 years , a great keeper

nolan..................bolton thro and through

gardener.............again 10 years

could go on campo ,stelios, davis,

this year apart these players have given us some great times,

it is our hobby/life (depending how fanatical you are). it is their job at the end of the day and if they move on ,then so be it.

there will be new heroe's in the future to support..

If they attempt a lap of dishonour, they should be pelted with bags of piss and shit.

count me in traf, they'll never out a white shirt on again.

or maybe they should be made to sit on a 4 hour coach journey with me after a night on the swill.

Lap of honour my arse.

The last few months, who evers fault it is, has shown a complete lack of respect to

everyone who supports the club.

From playing weakened teams, to shear ineptness in performances, through to not wanting to

play, staying in the dugout etc etc

They should be applauding us for carrying on watching that drivel.

Lap of honour my arse.

The last few months, who evers fault it is, has shown a complete lack of respect to

everyone who supports the club.

From playing weakened teams, to shear ineptness in performances, through to not wanting to

play, staying in the dugout etc etc

They should be applauding us for carrying on watching that drivel.

I'm with you on this.

But....

what do you think the crowds reaction (providing there is one by final whistle) would be if they just went down the tunnel and that was it? Do we expect anything? (other than being aloud to give megson a free slap. Form an orderly queue)

If the planned banners are unfolded and allowed to be displayed during the Sunderland game (assuming we are relegated by then / in that game) I can't see for one minute how a lap of honour will be carried out.

Yes the old guard may well applaud the fans but a lap of honour - surely not!

• Site Supporter
I've just obtained the piss and shit concession and will be operating a stall just by Barnstormers.

I shall buy the said piss and shit before doing my own lap of honour around the outside of the stadium before the match. Anyone that wishes to applaud me (or join me) feel free. I was hoping that some (most) of the playing, coaching and admin' staff would stand in the reception area and clap furiously as i vigorously march passed waving my pissy and shitty bags. I can see my picture in the B.E.N already accompanied by the headline

Ratty's Triumphant Trot Preceeds Megsons Dismal Swan Song!

Bolton in another bore draw as Al Habsi misses last minute penalty

What a day!!!

Have to stop eatin these damn mushrooms..

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.