Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Wigans Work Rate............

Guest TonyCee

Absolutely fantastic.

Fair play to them.

Not many clubs in the Prem with that work rate, all down to Manager.

We certainly dont have that same ethic in my opinion.

We used to under BSA mind you.

• Site Supporter

Which brings us back, no doubt, to why Megson's a crap manager and Steve Bruce would have been a better option had the board been a bit quicker and splashed a bit more cash.

In that order: He is but he kept us up, he isn't and probably didn't want to be, they didn't, get over it.

Absolutely fantastic.

Fair play to them.

I would rather have Megson than Steve Bruce any day, and that's not only because he is a munchen reject. And how on earth can you say our players don't have a good work ethic after our last two performances

Absolutely fantastic.

Fair play to them.

Work ethic yes, but wigan play some great football, without having to resort to hoofing the ball upfield. Something BSA and Megson use as plan A,B,C ......

Absolutely fantastic.

Fair play to them.

It reminded me of the team spirit Bolton had in the second half of the 2002/03 season.

Zaki looks an inspired loan signing and i don't think we have one player who would get in Wigan's midfield.

Bruce hasn't spent the amount Megson has but he's created a much better team to watch and one that will get more points.

It reminded me of the team spirit Bolton had in the second half of the 2002/03 season.

Zaki looks an inspired loan signing and i don't think we have one player who would get in Wigan's midfield.

Bruce hasn't spent the amount Megson has but he's created a much better team to watch and one that will get more points.

Well, I look at the stats. Seeing as Lee didn't officially take over as manager until the start of last season......in 9 league games his record was P9 W1 D2 L7 F9 A16.........giving Megson that same chance from the start of this season, his record is P5 W1 D1 L F 5 A9. If after the next 4 matches he is the same or worse than Lee, can you see him being given the sack? (for the record Megsons total record league only is P32 W9 D9 L16 F32 A46)

The sort of loan / signing that many on here say are not available anymore. I think Wigan, Stoke and Hull have picked up some quality this summer - the sort we used to.

Valencia for Wigan and Geovanni for Hull both scored cracking goals this weekend.Both picked up on fees we could have afforded by managers who work the transfer market better.

Its a sad day when Wigan have a better football team than we do.

That's the top and bottom of it... Wigan have much better footballers... nowt to do with work rate!

They can pass at Premiership tempo and keep possession much better. Their players can finish much better than ours. Most of our moves break down with a hopeful punt upfield.

From what I saw yesterday we are miles away from being as good as Wigan ... if we swapped managers the results in the short term would be just the same!

I would rather have Megson than Steve Bruce any day, and that's not only because he is a munchen reject. And how on earth can you say our players don't have a good work ethic after our last two performances

That's irrelevant, Zozzie. Greaves was ex-United, but he did a great job as manager for a while. Morgan was an ex-ManU player, and we loved his play for us.

Once they've left United behind, they're eligible for us - if they're good enough.

That's the top and bottom of it... Wigan have much better footballers... nowt to do with work rate!

They can pass at Premiership tempo and keep possession much better. Their players can finish much better than ours. Most of our moves break down with a hopeful punt upfield.

From what I saw yesterday we are miles away from being as good as Wigan ... if we swapped managers the results in the short term would be just the same!

absolutely...

What Bruce has done at Wigan is superb...

and for anyone to wish for the lying one instead is on crack...

• Members
Valencia for Wigan and Geovanni for Hull both scored cracking goals this weekend.Both picked up on fees we could have afforded by managers who work the transfer market better.

I'd like to think that irrespective of our manager the scouting system would look a bit further than scoring one good goal at the weekend as justification for buying a player.

• Site Supporter
I'd like to think that irrespective of our manager the scouting system would look a bit further than scoring one good goal at the weekend as justification for buying a player.

how dare you inflict sense into a thread!

This love of Wigan is nowt but grass is greener style bollocks.

They've won two games this season, against a newly promoted team in one, and they blatantly cheated to win the other one. And of course, if you go back over Megson with us and Bruce with Wigan last year, you'll find the difference is fairly negligable.

I'll freely admit that they've some good midfielders, and a good few would get in our side comfortably. But our entire back five would get in their team, so it does kinda even itself out.

If anyone seriously thinks that if we'd picked Bruce we'd be passing sides to death or significantly better than we are now is seriously kidding themselves.

This love of Wigan is nowt but grass is greener style bollocks.

They've won two games this season, against a newly promoted team in one, and they blatantly cheated to win the other one. And of course, if you go back over Megson with us and Bruce with Wigan last year, you'll find the difference is fairly negligable.

I'll freely admit that they've some good midfielders, and a good few would get in our side comfortably. But our entire back five would get in their team, so it does kinda even itself out.

If anyone seriously thinks that if we'd picked Bruce we'd be passing sides to death or significantly better than we are now is seriously kidding themselves.

Exactly, well said Tom.

What the fcuk is with this site, when did it start arse licking the pie boys. THEY HAVE WON 1 MORE GAME THAN US, and have not played United and Arsenal.

They flatter to decieve, sometimes their football is ok, and yes they have a few good attacking options (no world beaters though), but like Tom said, they would takeour whole back 5.

As for managers, yes I would prefer Bruce to Megson, but only marginally. He is in no way some top manager that would have been our saviour, he's an average premiership manager, no more, no less.

Get a grip, we have played 6 matches, 2 of which were against teams that will finish in the top 4, and for only one of the matches we had our full first team.

I'm sorry girls reality check...

but Wigan are a far better footballing side than us..

and i would put a pound to a pinch of shit that they will finish higher than us in the league.....

They are a better side.

The run around they gave us with ten men was embarrassing.And the irony was their goal came from a high ball into the box that our long ball team couldn't deal with.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.