Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

The People Chanting For Allardyce At The End

Spider

• Replies 128
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I was one of them chanting for big Sam and I dont give a shite what anyone has to say about it. I pay ?350 per season for my season ticket and will chant for whoever I want, as were most of the NSL. If there is a manager out there who could keep us up its Sam, and I would put my house on it. Once a legend always a legend. What exactly did he do wrong?

Left the club for a "Break from football" and then arrived at Newcastle within days, personally I'd have had more respect for the fat headed tvvat if he'd have been straight about why he was going. Although having endured the second half of the season when he clearly let his personal issues affect the team I was glad to see the back of him.

After telling us he was "Building a dynasty" to live on at the club after he eventually left, I don't think taking the back-room staff to Newcastle with him quite fits in.

Sams time at the club was clearly over, Megson's will, or at least should, be over soon if results don't improve. I actually think that with the right motivation, team selection and tactics we could stay up with the current team. I just don't think Megger's is the man. Steve Coppel if he could be tempted, or maybe Owen Coyle, Roberto Martinez possibly. I'd love Browny to come home but can't see it happening with Hull doing so well.

• Members
respect for the fat headed tvvat

Big Sam will always have that from me. His achievements with a club like ours were extraordinary. With a little luck, our great grandchildren may experience the wonders of our next European tour.

Big Sam will always have that from me. His achievements with a club like ours were extraordinary. With a little luck, our great grandchildren may experience the wonders of our next European tour.

Like I said earlier Bolty.....Numpties !!

you got the City game on live down there ? it's the main game on this side of the globe

Like I said earlier Bolty.....Numpties !!

you got the City game on live down there ? it's the main game on this side of the globe

What he did for BWFC whilst he was here was brilliant and he'll always have my admiration for that.

The way he left BWFC and stripped it of its staff afterward lost him any chance of respect

• Members
Precisely. :good:

B0llocks. Have you ever moved jobs? I have and have taken people with me. Same people that slag BSA come on here all starry eyed and sentimental about Euro jaunts which they would never have experienced without him.

Nothing new here. BWFC has always had more than its fair share of detractors amongst its own fans. Just accept it and you'll be fine.

When we are all worm food, Sams achievements will still be in the record books.

B0llocks. Have you ever moved jobs? I have and have taken people with me. Same people that slag BSA come on here all starry eyed and sentimental about Euro jaunts which they would never have experienced without him.

Nothing new here. BWFC has always had more than its fair share of detractors amongst its own fans. Just accept it and you'll be fine.

In answer to your first point yes, but I never publicly stated that I was building a structure that would live on and carry the club (or company in my case) forward after my departure.

Second point, I don't think anybody is trying to detract from the club by criticising the manner of Sam's leaving.

And finally, yes Sam worked wonders we could only have dreamed of a few years ago and for that I'm grateful, and I'm sure many others are to.Its just a pity he didn't give more thought to the manner of his departure and honour his word to leave the club in the strongest possible position when it happened.

In answer to your first point yes, but I never publicly stated that I was building a structure that would live on and carry the club (or company in my case) forward after my departure.

Second point, I don't think anybody is trying to detract from the club by criticising the manner of Sam's leaving.

And finally, yes Sam worked wonders we could only have dreamed of a few years ago and for that I'm grateful, and I'm sure many others are to.Its just a pity he didn't give more thought to the manner of his departure and honour his word to leave the club in the strongest possible position when it happened.

Get into the real world fella

Sorry Bolty, but that is a dumb comparison. Football Clubs and Businesses are completely different.

I agree with you about what he gave us, and for that he will not be forgotten. But unfortunately for sam, there is also a fair number of "events" that will follow him around, from allegations made on the BBC (which he still has not sued for), to his lack of interest when the england job came up (and there is more in between).

Football is allabout opinions, and I believe we need a complete new start especially on the playing front.

I'd love Browny to come home but can't see it happening with Hull doing so well.

Don't forget the comments Gartside was alledged to have told Brown during and after his succesful spell as caretaker manager and again when he left, regards him never managing Bolton. Whilst Gartside is here, I very much doubt Browny will even be approached to be our manager - neer mind Browny accepting it!

Don't forget the comments Gartside was alledged to have told Brown during and after his succesful spell as caretaker manager and again when he left, regards him never managing Bolton. Whilst Gartside is here, I very much doubt Browny will even be approached to be our manager - neer mind Browny accepting it!
Gartside did not say that to Brown, it is a complete fabrication

zozzyITK (It was a question he answered at the BWSA meeting he attended)

I agree with the bulk of bolty's comments regarding Big Sam, he is a hero in my eyes and the dodgy stuff that he was accused of is nothing more than the 'Norm' in the football money dealings throughout the world. His transfers and money dealings benefitted BWFC enormously. If they were deemed to be illegal then there would be 1000's of football people classed as criminals including 'legends' such as Cloughy and Sir Alex (Jaap Stam springs to mind).

But bolty, the chanting of Sam Allardyce's name at the end of the match was not a sign of affection or admiration for the big man, it was a piss take aimed at Megson and Gartside.

Fans don't realise they can de-stabilise a club just as easy as cheer them on to successful results. Many times I am ashamed to be a Bolton fan.

As someone said earlier, fans from other clubs (especially in the lower leagues) must think we are a bunch of ungrateful, spoilt set of morons. We have had all this success under Big Sam and Gartside yet we just complain that we want more :(

I hear what you say Zoz, however, we should have high expectations. I believe we have gone way past the stage of just being survivors in the prem, infact, the club was sold to us on a 10 year plan under sam, and we followed on the expectation that we could be in europe....which we did. I have not spoken to any fan that believes we are world beaters, but as one fan said to me this week, it isn't the fact that we aren't in the top 10, but that as a club (even when allardyce was there the last two years), we lost direction.

THere is no point in comparing to time in div 4, 3 ,2 etc (which I have seen on the board on occaision), we are in the now, and have been used to being successful in the prem. Mr Megson does not inspire confidence in the fans, and whilst he is saying the players are confident, even they are saying they are losing it. Should he go....then yes, we are already relegation certs at this rate and an injection of new ideas are needed.

Long live BWFC

Sorry Bolty, but that is a dumb comparison. Football Clubs and Businesses are completely different.

They are actually not though, not in this context anyway... Managers leaving and then poaching staff is par for the course in football and business in general. Same goes for senior people making excuses like 'taking a break' or 'more time with the family' when they leave / are sacked.

• Members
They are actually not though, not in this context anyway... Managers leaving and then poaching staff is par for the course in football and business in general. Same goes for senior people making excuses like 'taking a break' or 'more time with the family' when they leave / are sacked.

Thank you. You beat me to it. Anyone who believes Premier League clubs (or any other professional club for that matter) is not a business is actually the dumb one. Sadly, that is what they are all about these days. Merchandising before loyalty. Corporate before the loyal.

Sorry Muzzle but, not for the first time, we disagree.

• Members
But bolty, the chanting of Sam Allardyce's name at the end of the match was not a sign of affection or admiration for the big man, it was a piss take aimed at Megson and Gartside.

I had that worked out mate. It does not alter the fact that the chanting of BSA's name at the home of Bolton Wanderers should be as acceptable as that of Super John, Johnny Byrom and Freddie Hill. All BWFC legends in my book.

TBH, I really don't care if the other two you mentioned have the piss taken out of them. I have a lot of time for Gartside but am mindful of the fact that he gave us the appointment that people who know football understand.

Thank you. You beat me to it. Anyone who believes Premier League clubs (or any other professional club for that matter) is not a business is actually the dumb one. Sadly, that is what they are all about these days. Merchandising before loyalty. Corporate before the loyal.

Sorry Muzzle but, not for the first time, we disagree.

True, but the loss of staff in a football team = paying more money out to replace, than say in a business, unless we are saying the wages in football are the same as normal businesses (not to be confused with players wages of course)

• Members
True, but the loss of staff in a football team = paying more money out to replace, than say in a business, unless we are saying the wages in football are the same as normal businesses (not to be confused with players wages of course)

Well we could get into all sorts of comparisons here. Corporate banking, for example. Some of the wages and payoffs some of those f?ckers get would make some highly paid players green with envy.

All a matter of scale. Irrelevant really. The point was, people often move with what they might consider to be a great manager in whatever field you want to name. I know. I've done it.

Well we could get into all sorts of comparisons here. Corporate banking, for example. Some of the wages and payoffs some of those f?ckers get would make some highly paid players green with envy.

All a matter of scale. Irrelevant really. The point was, people often move with what they might consider to be a great manager in whatever field you want to name. I know. I've done it.

I guess so. It is irrelevant as you say.

Wasn't allardyce asked not to poach the staff or something?

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.