Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Protests At The Piggery

I stumbled across this, it's to do with wearing the Poppy which Celtic plan to have on their kit for their game V Motherwell, no real credit to Celtic there as all spl clubs are doing it

"THERE WILL BE A PROTEST AGAINST THIS - EVEN IF TAL IS ALONE IN ORGANISING IT ON SATURDAY - WE WILL BE PROTESTING AGAINST THIS PRO-IMPERIALIST NONSENSE.

For everyone who doesn't know, Celtic will be wearing a poppy on their shirt for the game against Motherwell along with the 11 other SPL clubs. Players including Nakamura and Hinkel.

The red poppy is a symbol that commemerates exclusivley British war dead rather than all the fallen of all the wars.

We will be leafleting all sides of the ground before the game on Saturday. We want as many people as possible to turn up on Saturday and help us spread the message amolng the supporters against this jingoism.

Cairde Na h?ireann are supporting the protest.

We will be urging in the leaflet that fans should support the walk out protest suggested by the Green Brigade.

We will also be urging that if there's a minute's silence before the start of the match, those who are against this celebration of British imperialism should turn their backs on the silence and/or hold up the front of our leaflet as a show of defiance.

Meet at the Cairde Shop on the Gallowgate at 1pm.

Turning their backs on the minutes silence for our countrys dead 5.gif I saw within that piece that it said "Cairde Na h?ireann are supporting the protest" so I thought to myself 'who the fcuk are they?' I have just had a look and it turns out that they are described as the 'Scottish sister group of Sinn Fein'

So basically a political group which is basically the I.R.A in disguise is still to this very day organising events at Celtic Park. This is probably no surprise to many of you but I genuinely didn't know that this shit still had that sort of influence at that shithole.

Wear them with pride ladies and gentlemen. Never forget the sacrifice

--------------------

Shame on each and everyone who takes part in this.

As I have said previously, I don't do religious politics BUT this is just shameful & insulting to any Celtic fan who gave their life in any war.

I hope at least some of their fans see sense and have a word with a terrorist stood near them, should they do this.

I thought Scotland was part of the British Isles.

Why bring up the bit about Nakumura and Hinkel - what has that got to do with anything?

Whilst they are on our island they need to abide by our rules and traditions.

If they have a problem with that - they should return from where they came.

I imagine they are dead against paying taxes to our government - but they still do.

Its like saying all Bolton fans and players MUST only buy Reebok goods and nothing else.

Fck 'em.

Edited by Smiley

If you're interested.

Scotland lost over 147,000 men in world war one. This was 20% of Britain's losses while only being 10% of the total British population. A good comparison would be with Australia. Both Scotland and Australia had a population of just over 5 million when the war broke out in 1914. Australia fought for the whole four years and had just under 60,000 killed, significantly less than that of Scotland.

If you're interested.

Scotland lost over 147,000 men in world war one. This was 20% of Britain's losses while only being 10% of the total British population. A good comparison would be with Australia. Both Scotland and Australia had a population of just over 5 million when the war broke out in 1914. Australia fought for the whole four years and had just under 60,000 killed, significantly less than that of Scotland.

Maybe the Scottish folk who go to the Celtic matches would like to know that. How about, as mentioned before, the club have the balls to put that on a banner just to remind anyone who might be swayed by those c?ckend terrorists trying to make a political statement when folk are just trying to remember lost loved ones & those who they didn't know but gave their lives so folk can make mindless protests. And breathe.............

I

Why bring up the bit about Nakumura and Hinkel - what has that got to do with anything?

Whilst they are on our island they need to abide by our rules and traditions.

If they have a problem with that - they should return from where they came.

To be fair to the players in question, I'm sure neither of them have made any objections to wearing the poppy, their names are only being used to try and give their argument some creedance......not that it does

I stumbled across this, it's to do with wearing the Poppy which Celtic plan to have on their kit for their game V Motherwell, no real credit to Celtic there as all spl clubs are doing it

"THERE WILL BE A PROTEST AGAINST THIS - EVEN IF TAL IS ALONE IN ORGANISING IT ON SATURDAY - WE WILL BE PROTESTING AGAINST THIS PRO-IMPERIALIST NONSENSE.

For everyone who doesn't know, Celtic will be wearing a poppy on their shirt for the game against Motherwell along with the 11 other SPL clubs. Players including Nakamura and Hinkel.

The red poppy is a symbol that commemerates exclusivley British war dead rather than all the fallen of all the wars.

We will be leafleting all sides of the ground before the game on Saturday. We want as many people as possible to turn up on Saturday and help us spread the message amolng the supporters against this jingoism.

Cairde Na h?ireann are supporting the protest.

We will be urging in the leaflet that fans should support the walk out protest suggested by the Green Brigade.

We will also be urging that if there's a minute's silence before the start of the match, those who are against this celebration of British imperialism should turn their backs on the silence and/or hold up the front of our leaflet as a show of defiance.

Meet at the Cairde Shop on the Gallowgate at 1pm.

Turning their backs on the minutes silence for our countrys dead 5.gif I saw within that piece that it said "Cairde Na h?ireann are supporting the protest" so I thought to myself 'who the fcuk are they?' I have just had a look and it turns out that they are described as the 'Scottish sister group of Sinn Fein'

So basically a political group which is basically the I.R.A in disguise is still to this very day organising events at Celtic Park. This is probably no surprise to many of you but I genuinely didn't know that this shit still had that sort of influence at that shithole.

Wear them with pride ladies and gentlemen. Never forget the sacrifice

--------------------

This bunch is a branch of Sinn Fein.

It's in the press now:

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

http://www.thescottishsun.co.uk/scotsol/ho...icle1902396.ece

Edited by peebles

They really are a sad bunch arnt they :angry:

Im doing a disco in my local at 12 dinnertime on Sunday for our lads who have served Queen and Country free of charge, ive borrowed my mams Vera Lynn and Wartime Hits albums, Dambusters, Great Escape, Reach for the Skys etc!

I think ill leave the smoke machine and strobe at home !

Edited by Breightmet Boy

I don't want to get into the whole Celtic/Rangers, Catholic/Protestant, Republicans/Royalists debate.

Irrespective of who they support, this action is deplorable.

This was exactly my point earlier. Surely some Celtic fans died in the wars. If so, then they are disrespecting fans of their club.

I don't want to get into the whole Celtic/Rangers, Catholic/Protestant, Republicans/Royalists debate.

spot on..

people know my views on the tarriers but this is just deplorable whoever is staging it..

In fairness, quite a lot of Celtic fans seem to agree (I do a bit of lurking on Kerrydale St)

And the Green Brigade (check out their site, lovely lads) who started this are being dismissed as a bunch of 15 year old neds (chavs). They are an ultra left wing movement, dedicated to smashing Fascism. You'd think they would support the poppy appeal considering 360000 people from these shores died in WW1 & WW2 fighting Fascism?

Apparently, several cartons of poppies were delivered to Celtic Park this week and no one knows who ordered them. I think I have fair idea.

I agree though, this isn't a time for point scoring. It's a matter of right & wrong.

Their collaborations with the Nazis during WWII is a shameful piece of history that cant be re-written.

Watched a play about it when we were at school, and I rememeber well the ins and outs. In fairness tho' I was about about 15 and like a cock was going through a silly 'NF is bestist' phase.

I was actually referring to the Scots among them, not the filthy fitch digging bogtrotting fenain filth. :good:

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.