Wways Book Club

Ashey

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

• Site Supporter

I know he's a c?nt, but the latest Jeffrey Archer novel is a beltin' read. - A prisoner of birth

Or

The big compendium of almost certainly racist jokes, mainly about the spudpickers and suicide bombers by Alan Crisps

I know he's a c?nt, but the latest Jeffrey Archer novel is a beltin' read. - A prisoner of birth

Or

The big compendium of almost certainly racist jokes, mainly about the spudpickers and suicide bombers by Alan Crisps

Archer may be a bell-end, but the 4th estate remains one of my all time favourites.

I normally like novels or biographies of sporting folk, but I'm currently on Richard Dawkins' The God Delusion - now there's a fella who likes to ruffle feathers.

as a bookseller i believe i will have the best input on this occasion. the business by martina cole is a great book and is selling well. also james patterson's new title. forget the name now but it's in hardback. if its biographys you are after then you are spoilt for choice this christmas with dawn french's dear fatty and Parky's selling the best. if you like clarkson you will love his new title the world according to clarkson volume 3. there are also some good humour books around this christmas such as is it just me or is everything in the world shit volume one and two. if your after a true crime book then the bestseller at the moment is called monster.

olispence

Any books that are recommended? Looking at buying 'Stalingrad' and 'Sniper One'.. any reviews on these two?

:good:

Both good reads imo. In the last 5 years there has been a few books written by the ordinary Landser (German foot soldier) who experienced the Eastern front. Up til then this was positvely frowned upon in Germany.

The 3 best books imo are:

The Forgotten Soldier (written in 73 by a french guy drafted into the Wehrmacht, not recent but being made into a film in 2009 directed by Paul Verhoeven who directed "Zwartboek" or Black Book)

Sniper on the Eastern Front

In Deadly Combat

as a bookseller i believe i will have the best input on this occasion. the business by martina cole is a great book and is selling well. also james patterson's new title. forget the name now but it's in hardback. if its biographys you are after then you are spoilt for choice this christmas with dawn french's dear fatty and Parky's selling the best. if you like clarkson you will love his new title the world according to clarkson volume 3. there are also some good humour books around this christmas such as is it just me or is everything in the world shit volume one and two. if your after a true crime book then the bestseller at the moment is called monster.

olispence

Oliver

I'm pretty sure you're a figment of my imagination so I'm not going to respond or people may think I'm insane

• Site Supporter

Someone's hacked Oli's sign-in. There's no way Oli would be such a self-righteous prick by starting his article, "As a bookseller I will have the best input."

Tell me it isn't really you Oli.

Oh, by the way, Clarkson can go f?ck himself. Reprinting his newspaper column does not make his books good.

no this is actually me. and for the likes of no-balls the gift by cecilia ahern is excellent.

there is also one for you trainee doctors out there called trust me im a junior doctor.

Oli love, I've just looked at a write of of this novel after reading this post. Thanks for thinking of me. Now I ask, why the f?ck would I want to read a romantic novel? I saw a film of one of her books once, on a plane, and it made me cry, I shall not do be doing that again in a hurry!

But thanks anyway! :D

Don't tell anybody, but I've read all Martina Cole's books however, I thought her last two were particularly lazily written so I've now banned her

And the rule of reading is that you must never watch the film/series if you've read the book

PS I was taking the p?ss with my recommendation

Edited by Widnes Two Hats

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.