Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Riga, Riga, Riga Part Deux

C86

• Members
Based on what? A dozen 5 minute appearances?

His goalscoring record for an incredibly shit (and bankrupt) side in La Liga over the last two seasons puts all of our non-Anelka players to shame.

His is a good player, he's not a winger or a target man. People seem to have gotten so frustrated with idiots incessantly chanting for him that now they're going to go completely the opposite way and get on his back.

Say it as you see it. All I have seen is a player who seems like a powder puff lightweight; struggles with basics of the game; contributes little to the cause.

Don't give a fcuk what he did in Spain. Seen nothing to convince me he should be on the payroll.

Thats the point, we've seen practically nothing of him full stop.

Theres plenty of good players who didn't hit the ground running in this league and turned out alright. He needs time to adapt.

Judging from today though, his attitude is one that we can do without. He was having a bad game and was rightly taken off, Megson should've knocked the shit out of him afterwards for storming off.

Regards the lone striker, he only got moved to that role in the second half when Megson had to get some protection over to the right to help out young Basham. Thus Davies was moved back over. When Vela came on we were horribly exposed as Riga was virtually non-existant going forward or helping out Basham.

Once he went upfront, yes I ackowledge it is not his role but Megson brought him off immediately after (for the second time in a few minutes) he gave away a rare piece of Bolton possession in the Arsenal half, with a crap pass that went out of play. This has nothing to do with him playing the role of a lone striker, just a total lack of composure and ability.

Very very poor and fully deserved being taken off. Young Obadeyi had contributed more within 2 minutes of replacing Riga.

Guest pansyroadwhite
Say it as you see it. All I have seen is a player who seems like a powder puff lightweight; struggles with basics of the game; contributes little to the cause.

Don't give a fcuk what he did in Spain. Seen nothing to convince me he should be on the payroll.

strange how people are willing to give the useless Megson as long as he wants, but a guy who rarely gets a full game is hung drawn and quartered cause he was played out of position at Arsenal,

and they call the Megson bashers fickle!!

strange how people are willing to give the useless Megson as long as he wants, but a guy who rarely gets a full game is hung drawn and quartered cause he was played out of position at Arsenal,

and they call the Megson bashers fickle!!

So would you give Riga a full game based on what you have seen of him this season?

Edited by Crew86

Guest pansyroadwhite

he had a great game earlier in the season when he linked up with Gardener ,that doesnt make him a world beater, but i aint gonna judge the guy on yesterdays game thats just plain stupid

he had a great game earlier in the season when he linked up with Gardener ,that doesnt make him a world beater, but i aint gonna judge the guy on yesterdays game thats just plain stupid

I've not, from what's I've seen of him so far this season he isn't good enough, get rid IMO.

Edited by Crew86

• Members
thats just plain stupid

I think that might be you. I have seen every game this season - not just yesterdays - and, when he has played, I have seen so many misplaced passes; running like a headless chicken and getting knocked off the ball far too easily, I can't see any future for him in the Premier League.

I just don't get what people see in him. Needs visiting by a bloke with a good pair of shears too.

He didnt have a good game against Liverpool kids.

Everytime that he got the ball, an 18 y.o left back took it off him. He did one good cross for Smolarek to score.

Like yesterday, he just doesn't have any strength on the ball which means that he gives it away or gets pushed off it 9 times out of ten.

We really need some pace up front and he has it, but he's just a luxury that any team in the Prem can't afford at present.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.