Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Burnley

Guest bwfcdan

Heared ont wireless this morning, Owen Coyle has taken his squad to the same Portugese resort he went to with Bolton before their Play off Final with Reading.

Hope they do it. Bolton, Burnley, Blackburn & Wigan in the top flight is good going for Lancashire Satanic Mill Towns.

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest bwfcdan
Heared ont wireless this morning, Owen Coyle has taken his squad to the same Portugese resort he went to with Bolton before their Play off Final with Reading.

Hope they do it. Bolton, Burnley, Blackburn & Wigan in the top flight is good going for Lancashire Satanic Mill Towns.

And it means another good piss up if they come up :drinks:

It certainly would, would also add another place that the soft southern t**ts will not like to travel too :good:

I have yet to hear the term " The North West is a Hotbed Of Football". I remember when four Lancs sides teams won all respective divisions in 72/73 and Greenall Whitleys brewery did a special bottle of beer to commerate the feat. It happened again in 96/97 when four Greater Manc sides won all the divs. But no celebration beer this time from any brewers.

Sheff United preparing the ammo in case they do not get through,

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/t...utd/8062255.stm

fcuk me, don't hold back Blackwell

"I'm very disappointed with the stupidity and insensitivity of the appointment..."Who turns up in the final ? A referee we've had a major problem with. I just don't understand the thinking of it."

Another fan of Mike Dean then!

Just been to Burnley.

All decked out in claret n blue.

I'm pleased for them; it's a shitty little town and they deserve and need some good times

• Site Supporter
Just been to Burnley.

All decked out in claret n blue.

I'm pleased for them; it's a shitty little town and they deserve and need some good times

Me too. Every other car had some scarf or flag flying from the windows.

I hope they do it, would love to see em beat bastud rovers in the battle of the dingles next year!

It would be another away must for next season, seen us play there 3 times and win every time, good memories.

I have yet to hear the term " The North West is a Hotbed Of Football". I remember when four Lancs sides teams won all respective divisions in 72/73 and Greenall Whitleys brewery did a special bottle of beer to commerate the feat. It happened again in 96/97 when four Greater Manc sides won all the divs. But no celebration beer this time from any brewers.

Lancashire, thanks

Me too. Every other car had some scarf or flag flying from the windows.

I hope they do it, would love to see em beat bastud rovers in the battle of the dingles next year!

It would be another away must for next season, seen us play there 3 times and win every time, good memories.

Aye, the locals here are very excited, hope they do it. The M65 derby would be just as interesting as it was in 2005 when they played in a FA cup tie replay at Ewood. All routes out of Burnley that day had police road blocks as the Burnley fans going to the game could only go by official coach leaving from turf moor. Urban legend has it that a certain crew got through by hiring a barge and setting off on the Leeds Liverpool canal with a couple of kegs of ale and a couple of strippers.

Edited by Big_Girl_Oral_Explosion

double header for me!

ciddy tomorrow and then of to wembley at 6.30am monday

there are a lot of comparisons to bolton in 95 (apart from the town hasnt reached that year yet)

Its been a fantastic atmosphere around the club, just hope Burnley are a premier league club on tuesday!

look out for all the owen coyle is god flags!

Guest bwfcdan
look out for all the owen coyle is god flags!

Why are the Megson haters planning a protest tomorrow?

Guest bwfcdan
im not even opening back up that boring boring debate!

for the record although not a fan of megson Owen wouldnt be the man yet either

Yeh it was a joke :roll:

Guest bwfcdan
yes dan i know!

just given my 2 penneth without opening a 4 page debait

To be fair there is more chance of a debait happening thanks to you giving your "2 penneth" :mellow:

But anyway back to Burnley i really do hope they come up!

Weekend in Burnley next season?

Tis looking like it. Though, I think I'll be leaving Turf Moor by using a fast car at full time. What a shithole that town is! Folk who live like that deserve a bit of happiness to be fair to them.

Tis looking like it. Though, I think I'll be leaving Turf Moor by using a fast car at full time. What a shithole that town is! Folk who live like that deserve a bit of happiness to be fair to them.

As i've said many times on here before, Bolton has far more grot spots and ive lived around 25 years in and around both towns.

well done to the Clarets , deserved it and their football was pleasure to watch :good:

A few thick heads in work tomorrow thinks me.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.