Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Hull Memories

• Moderators

We should do this more... Memories of Hull:

First game I remember being at, Hull Away, 1976, 2-2, someone broke their leg equalising.

That balmy evening in 1993, Windass own goal, Super John, pitch invasion, happy days.

Carling Cup game in early Reebok days when they chucked tennis balls on the pitch, some Munich reject from Bolton played for them.

Been twice

Seen us win both times

Walking over that bridge (with another poster, but I didn't know him at the time) and some yorkshire bint mouthing off that they would finish the season above us and that we were going down.

Let's beat em tomorrow.

I also remember in 93 meeting on MG park at 12 with bottles of cider from Netto,(cant buy class)

it was a lovely sunny day, we all went in a mini bus,times like that night make it all worth while.

Excellent Memories :yahoo: Its ace being a Bolton Fan :drinks:

Do home games count? If so early seventies, early season at home, my first game as ball-boy. I propped myself up

against the blue Embankment fence behind the goal and started to watch the game, two lads jumped over said fence

and landed on top of me - two man pitch invasion - didn't know what happened to them as

I was seeing stars at that point. Think we won 1 nowt and I think their keeper was called Mellor.

I also remember in 93 meeting on MG park at 12 with bottles of cider from Netto,(cant buy class)

it was a lovely sunny day, we all went in a mini bus,times like that night make it all worth while.

Excellent Memories :yahoo: Its ace being a Bolton Fan :drinks:

was in back of chris talors van thats netto cider for you :pardon:

FA Cup (3rd round I think) 84??? Well fucking naughty in the corner going out and outside afterwards :aggressive:

93, decided to go at the last minute, well worth it :yahoo:

I watched the goals with my 10 year old lad a few weeks ago, had tears in my eyes, lad knew all the players :blink:

FA Cup (3rd round I think) 84??? Well fucking naughty in the corner going out and outside afterwards :aggressive:

93, decided to go at the last minute, well worth it :yahoo:

I watched the goals with my 10 year old lad a few weeks ago, had tears in my eyes, lad knew all the players :blink:

my first one that fa cup game. got the football special train at about 10 in the morning from town when the station was on the proper side of the road. train stopped right behind the away end and straight in took about 3 hours or seemed to. about 200 on the train on the way out there and about 20 on the way back due to major shenanigans outside.

george o'ghani got off a train on the opposite platform while we were waiting and ran off up the platform with a sports bag, to shouts of 'ooh george o'ghani' (you future ironing board thief)

i thought it was the 1st round of the cup and i think we lost maybe by 1, although its all very blurry and a bit hazy.

• Moderators
my first one that fa cup game. got the football special train at about 10 in the morning from town when the station was on the proper side of the road. train stopped right behind the away end and straight in took about 3 hours or seemed to. about 200 on the train on the way out there and about 20 on the way back due to major shenanigans outside.

george o'ghani got off a train on the opposite platform while we were waiting and ran off up the platform with a sports bag, to shouts of 'ooh george o'ghani' (you future ironing board thief)

i thought it was the 1st round of the cup and i think we lost maybe by 1, although its all very blurry and a bit hazy.

that would be that fine drizzle that was falling

last minute defeat from memory

1961 FA Cup 3rd round. Journey into the unknown ..... knew nothing about Hull or Hull City. Probably got a cup-tie football special.

1-0 Dennis Stevens

Didn't do us much good. Hammered 0-4 at Ewood in a 4th round replay.

Fook, am I really that old ! <_<

Guest Biff
1961 FA Cup 3rd round. Journey into the unknown ..... knew nothing about Hull or Hull City. Probably got a cup-tie football special.

1-0 Dennis Stevens

Didn't do us much good. Hammered 0-4 at Ewood in a 4th round replay.

Fook, am I really that old ! <_<

I went to both of those games. Got the train from Hull Paragon station to Boothferry Park.

Also at home in the first season of the league cup. Hull winning 2-0 and Bolton finally win 6-2

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.