Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Losing A Family Pet.

• Replies 124
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Firthy

I had to get my dog put down last year that I'd had for 14 years. I did my best to be manly about it, ruffling his head and saying "It'll be alright mate" while the vet injected him. I just about managed to thank the vet without choking, then had to leg it outside where I sat in my car for 20 minutes crying like a baby.

• Site Supporter
I had to get my dog put down last year that I'd had for 14 years. I did my best to be manly about it, ruffling his head and saying "It'll be alright mate" while the vet injected him. I just about managed to thank the vet without choking, then had to leg it outside where I sat in my car for 20 minutes crying like a baby.

aye, its hard, and my sympathy goes to anyone who loses a pet, particularly a dog, but if any consolation yours went peacefully, I was walking mine up around Red Lane, when it ran off into the fields up there, I heard it barking, then a bang then yelping, got into the field just in time to see a look a like of granny from the beverley hillbillies, stood over my "best friend" and "put it out of its mysery by shooting it again in the head! she had hit in in the legs the first time. It was chasing her sheep so i suppose its fair enough, but I was only 11! plus it cost me dad ?100 for the sheep that had to be destroyed too. never had a pet since. :angry:

aye, its hard, and my sympathy goes to anyone who loses a pet, particularly a dog, but if any consolation yours went peacefully, I was walking mine up around Red Lane, when it ran off into the fields up there, I heard it barking, then a bang then yelping, got into the field just in time to see a look a like of granny from the beverley hillbillies, stood over my "best friend" and "put it out of its mysery by shooting it again in the head! she had hit in in the legs the first time. It was chasing her sheep so i suppose its fair enough, but I was only 11! plus it cost me dad ?100 for the sheep that had to be destroyed too. never had a pet since. :angry:

Chasing sheep or not, if anybody shot my dog, I'd turn the gun on them. It really is as bad as losing a family member.

• Site Supporter

That really is a shitter that! I know farmers have the right and all that but was that really necessary for a fucking 100 quid sheep?

That really is a shitter that! I know farmers have the right and all that but was that really necessary for a fucking 100 quid sheep?

Sounds like a Viz story! I'm with BCG on this one. Shoot my dog and I'd bite their face off & spit it out down their neck!

I would have beat the c unt to death if she would have shot my dog. :mellow:

Would not have mattered if she was chasing her sheep or not.

Fucking hell thats bad! Im sure if you werent just a kid at the time you would of gone mental :angry:

• Site Supporter

Yes you're right EG and im sure the farmer was well within her rights to do so but at the end of the day, she was compensated for her sheep. An 11 year old witnessed their 'best friend' being murdered, which ever way you look at it that is fucking rough justice. Would the sound of a shotgun going off not been enough to scare the dog away?

Guest The Ambassador

Had to have a horse put to sleep a year ago was gutted, Did every thing possible even had her taken to vet hospital (robbing Buggers) but she was a pet so did the best for her.

Guest The Ambassador
MG i have to say your a braver man than me taking on a woman with a shotgun who kills a dog cold blooded :mellow:

He would be OK if he dressed in a fleece top & pants. Then he could come from behind with a baseball bat.

He would be OK if he dressed in a fleece top & pants. Then he could come from behind with a baseball bat.

Nah, way too risky - doing that you are risking that Widnes could come from behind with his pork sword

Guest Firthy

When I was a kid I left the front door open one morning after getting the milk off the step. My dog was only a puppy then, and he snuck out. Anyway, the guy a couple of doors down was just leaving for work and my dog went over to say hello. The cruel bastard booted it across the pavement, and it legged it home yelping. Unbeknownst to him, my dad had just arrived home from a night shift and had watched the whole thing from his car. He got out, casually strolled over, and floored the prick with a well placed headbutt.

This was one of those moments that prompted me to say "my dad" when my mates would ask me who my hero was.

We had a dog live in the house across the road. Annoying little twat of a thing.

Anyway the owner would let it out for a mooch, and quite often it would shit on our front lawn.

My Dad, when he went to cut the lawn, would scoop up the shit with a garden hoe and fling it back across the road from whence it came. If it landed on their bonnet, or on their windows, it mattered not and eventually they stopped letting the dog out to shit on the street.

Hence, I too was proud of my Dad.

I think there is something in the water up there, they all seem to look the same and justas nasty at times :good:

Edited by Breightmet Boy

• Site Supporter
Fucking hell thats bad! Im sure if you werent just a kid at the time you would of gone mental :angry:

just cried all the way home to tell my dad to be honest, half expecting him as well as hoping he would go off his head and burn the bitches barn down or sommat, but he just said, ok, went up in his van with me, collected the dog, for what I thought was going to be a burial in the back yard with full honours, instead he just threw it in the back and took it to the incinerator on Vernon St . :(

think there is something in the water up there, they all seem to look the same and justas nasty at times

when we were sorting it out, apparently it was the 15th dog she had shot that summer, nice work if you can get it at ?100 a chuck i suppose.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.