Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Phil Brown - True Clown

Hull manager Phil Brown is so angry with his players following the 6-1 defeat at Liverpool that he has banned them from the club canteen. "It is a strange punishment but the manager feels it is time they quite literally stop getting everything on a plate," says a club insider.

Remember those this last time year calling for him to be our saviour?

Absolute joke he is

I will probably get stick for this but megson aint the most popular choice for me or most but the guy aint doing bad and if we get 3 points today i will be happy

6 degrees of seperation, or in this cas 4.

4th post on a thead that has nothing to do with him and Megson makes an appearance.

Add to the mix - he has clearly made up that story about saving a woman from topping herself on the humber bridge

He was trying to disown it on the radio earlier

Then he said about it 'we all go to that dark place, I did when I lost my job at Derby'

The guy is mentally collapsing, which is actually not nice to see, might be better for him if he does get the push

It's hard to be so sympathetic though, as he's such a fucking attention whore

4th post on a thead that has nothing to do with him and Megson makes an appearance.

It has got something to do with megson because a lot of people were quiet prepared to have Phil Brown as our manager and sack Megson.

Although Megson has not set the prem alight we are still there , but i think if we had Brown as manager we would be in the Championship .

It has got something to do with megson because a lot of people were quiet prepared to have Phil Brown as our manager and sack Megson.

Although Megson has not set the prem alight we are still there , but i think if we had Brown as manager we would be in the Championship .

If you say so Rob :bang:

Guest bwfcdan

You not go to the game rob?

As a person I liked Phil Brown. I base that on one incident at the ticket office at Burnden Park - he just started chatting to me when I was getting tickets for a cup match. Seemed a very nice bloke then and not the attention seeking egotistical type of person that he seems to be changing in to.

Edited by Underpants

Hull manager Phil Brown is so angry with his players following the 6-1 defeat at Liverpool that he has banned them from the club canteen. "It is a strange punishment but the manager feels it is time they quite literally stop getting everything on a plate," says a club insider.

Remember those this last time year calling for him to be our saviour?

Absolute joke he is

:blink: How very odd.Cabbage

He has a similar attitude to Allardyce imo. Megson is a PR disaster we all know that but id rather have him than Brown the nutcase, he is turning Hull into a laughing stock.

Megson was on the radio yesterday

As usual everything he said was fair and fine

The interviewer brought up the fans situation, now this must happen to Megson all the time, and as he does he just answered honestly. He really ought to start saying 'it's been done to death, I'd rather not talk about that again'. The media peck away at the wound and he helps them by talking about it.

Too honest for his own good

But I'd rather have him than nutjob Brown, any day of the week

Megson was on the radio yesterday

As usual everything he said was fair and fine

The interviewer brought up the fans situation, now this must happen to Megson all the time, and as he does he just answered honestly. He really ought to start saying 'it's been done to death, I'd rather not talk about that again'. The media peck away at the wound and he helps them by talking about it.

Too honest for his own good

But I'd rather have him than nutjob Brown, any day of the week

What did he say about it? I thought it was a good atmosphere yesterday, all pulling in the same direction, management, players and fans. Iam hoping he said something along those lines.

As for sunbed I too liked him, met him a few times and he came across as a decent bloke, like most of the players who have struggled in the lower leagues he didnt seem a big time charlie. Seems to have lost the plot fucking bigtime now though, Iam wondering if the pressure is getting to him and he is on the verge of a breakdown.

Much as i have fond memories of Phils time with us, he does seem to be a conceited attention seeking knobber.

he is straight out of the Allardyce school of media whorage

Edited by hughesy

Mate who's a Hull fan managed to blag a trip out to China through work when they were playing a pre-season game out there. Him and another Hull lad were in a restaurant when they bumped into Brown and the Hull chairman. The latter chatted aimiably - as you might expect when it's fans who have travelled the world to be there - Brown blanked them and fucked off. They were not impressed, to say the least.

• Site Supporter

I met PB at Bolton Prepatory School fair a couple of summers ago. He was a top bloke; happy to chat and even knew my name . . . I did adouble-take when he said "Awreet Mick?"

Then I realised I had my work ID badge on!

What did he say about it? I thought it was a good atmosphere yesterday, all pulling in the same direction, management, players and fans. Iam hoping he said something along those lines.

As for sunbed I too liked him, met him a few times and he came across as a decent bloke, like most of the players who have struggled in the lower leagues he didnt seem a big time charlie. Seems to have lost the plot fucking bigtime now though, Iam wondering if the pressure is getting to him and he is on the verge of a breakdown.

It was before the match. He got a loaded question really, saying 'despite the good results your fans still call 606 every week complaining'. He just said he has had it from day one, and he was used to it, he didn't read the papers and 'certainly not the internet stuff' :lol:.

It's a sad indictment of us really isn't it. I'm as guilty as most, we lose a couple of games and I want him out. Now we've had a good spell, all is rosy. I've never been like this with a manager before.

Deffo think Brown is cracking up. Shame. It's a fucking pressurised job these days. Your character is scrutinised quite brutally.

It was before the match. He got a loaded question really, saying 'despite the good results your fans still call 606 every week complaining'. He just said he has had it from day one, and he was used to it, he didn't read the papers and 'certainly not the internet stuff' ::lol::.

It's a sad indictment of us really isn't it. I'm as guilty as most, we lose a couple of games and I want him out. Now we've had a good spell, all is rosy. I've never been like this with a manager before.

Deffo think Brown is cracking up. Shame. It's a fucking pressurised job these days. Your character is scrutinised quite brutally.

I was listening to that on the drive up: it's 5:20 (or 7:10 where he is on about the criticism) into

http://www.bbc.co.uk/iplayer/episode/b00n1...ort_03_10_2009/

In one sense what he says is fair enough, but why not kill two birds with one stone and deflect the question, while at the same time helping diffuse criticism in the future, by praising the fans at Brum, for example? If he'd said summat to the effect of "I'm more interested in the superb support we had at Brum.." then that would have been smart; mind you, the fact that after said Brum game he fucked off straight down the touchline and off without any acknowledgement of the travelling fans tells you what he thinks of us. Now even if he has every right to think that of us, it's not tactically smart behaviour.

• Site Supporter

He has never recovered from his antics at City at half time, he fucked up big time then. Surely that should be long gone but my Hull supporting mate reckons not, it was the beginning of the end. Plus their supporters dont like him being a media whore when they need results...

I was listening to that on the drive up: it's 5:20 (or 7:10 where he is on about the criticism) into

http://www.bbc.co.uk/iplayer/episode/b00n1...ort_03_10_2009/

In one sense what he says is fair enough, but why not kill two birds with one stone and deflect the question, while at the same time helping diffuse criticism in the future, by praising the fans at Brum, for example? If he'd said summat to the effect of "I'm more interested in the superb support we had at Brum.." then that would have been smart; mind you, the fact that after said Brum game he fucked off straight down the touchline and off without any acknowledgement of the travelling fans tells you what he thinks of us. Now even if he has every right to think that of us, it's not tactically smart behaviour.

Exactly, he doesn't play a very clever game with the fans and press does he. I think he knows he could do better but he's just too damn stubborn. And I suppose hurt by the treatment he's had. But if he refuses to wise up, he's only actually damaging himself.

If the situation is ever going to be resolved positively he's going to have to concede some ground, offer an olive branch, at some point.

I met PB at Bolton Prepatory School fair a couple of summers ago. He was a top bloke; happy to chat and even knew my name . . . I did adouble-take when he said "Awreet Mick?"

Then I realised I had my work ID badge on!

Perhaps the trunk gave it away

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.