Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Gudni What A Legend

Jiminiho.3

Just told this through a mate, shows what a top man Gudni is, not only great player for us...

Mike & his mates were going for a weekend in Iceland & took a complete flyer in emailing Gudni Bergsson at his place of work seeing if he would go for a pint with them. As they were all season ticket holders they got Jimmy Phillips to email as a reference.

He initially said yes,... but the week before they arrived Gudni's dad died.

They all assumed he had other priorities, but he rang them on the Sunday to ask if they were still interested. They asked where to meet him, but he picked them up from their hotel in his Range Rover.

They then got to chat with him on the way into the city, as well as his Bolton born son via the hands free mobile. He then spent 2 hours with them in the pub.

Class act somebody who actually deserves the tag Legend.

A player far more worthy of our accolade than the likes of Okocha, Djorkaeff and the other Allardyce galacticos IMO.

A fee of ?65,000 followed by 270 appearances: absolute quality.

Remember his goal against Barnsley?

Or him getting 10 goals in one season? 2000-1 including two vital play-off goals against West Brom: the 1st of which brought us back from the dead at 2-0 down?

'After a spell in Iceland with KR Reykjav?k, Gu?johnsen signed with Bolton Wanderers in 1998.

He has later said that the help he got from former Iceland international, Bolton's defensive stalwart Gu?ni Bergsson, was incredible.'

From Wikipedia

Gudni Bergsson = legend

A great man and yes traf that goal against barnsley what a screamer - heard him on GMR this season and he was a great pains to talk about where the club was at at present. Folk should remember we have people like this who is respected by all BWFC supporters with incredibly fond memories of the club and it's supporters so it really does highlight for me how much our reputation is being tarnished by you know who.........if we are such a set of cunts Gary have a word with Gudni, Super John and Hierro about their affection for our club and fans.

A great man and yes traf that goal against barnsley what a screamer - heard him on GMR this season and he was a great pains to talk about where the club was at at present. Folk should remember we have people like this who is respected by all BWFC supporters with incredibly fond memories of the club and it's supporters so it really does highlight for me how much our reputation is being tarnished by you know who.........if we are such a set of cunts Gary have a word with Gudni, Super John and Hierro about their affection for our club and fans.

Why the fuck have you felt the need to use a thread about Gudni Bergsson to have another pop at the current manager?

The overwhelming negativity on the site is really pissing me and lots of others off.

Happy, shut the fucking place down: it's going to the dogs.

Bloody Hell traf is that not a "have a minute" moment wasn't consciously turned in to anti megson propaganda just thought I'd make the point in context with the other threads.

Is there not definition between what is purposely constant anti megson rants (of which I have been guilty admittedly) and the most up to date current affairs of the club and post Blackburn megsons position is just that?

Why the fuck have you felt the need to use a thread about Gudni Bergsson to have another pop at the current manager?

The overwhelming negativity on the site is really pissing me and lots of others off.

Happy, shut the fucking place down: it's going to the dogs.

Why act like a baby everytime you here the truth, Gundi is not the only ex-player(and a recent one at that) to show their dismay at the atmosphere that surrounds the club at the moment.

And no its not because of cunt fans, look no futher than the old bolt gartside and his hapless manager.

Ok fair enough I agree there is alot of negativity on the site because unfortunately there is a lot of negativity around the club at present so one leads to another surely?

I would love to be talking about gary megson leading us in to Europe once again or what a great signing Johan Elmander has turned out to be and how great it was twatting Blackburn all over the reebok but unfortunately none of those are reality? You find something positive, new or original to talk about in Terrace Talk at the minute and I will happily post away.

Hopefully I won't now get banned because you should be allowed to have a say if you think someone is wrong.

• Site Supporter
Ok fair enough I agree there is alot of negativity on the site because unfortunately there is a lot of negativity around the club at present so one leads to another surely?

I would love to be talking about gary megson leading us in to Europe once again or what a great signing Johan Elmander has turned out to be and how great it was twatting Blackburn all over the reebok but unfortunately none of those are reality? You find something positive, new or original to talk about in Terrace Talk at the minute and I will happily post away.

Hopefully I won't now get banned because you should be allowed to have a say if you think someone is wrong.

its a thread bout Gudni Bergsson, the highlighted bit is not,

Anyways am I right in thinking he made his debut v Liverpool int cup final?

Why act like a baby everytime you here the truth, Gundi is not the only ex-player(and a recent one at that) to show their dismay at the atmosphere that surrounds the club at the moment.

And no its not because of cunt fans, look no futher than the old bolt gartside and his hapless manager.

Seeing as you've stuck your motty into something fuck all to do with you, I'll do the same, shall I?

Why turn every fucking thread into a Megson related item? It really is now monotonous & boring. For every dig do you honestly think it makes fuck all difference other than to maybe make them feel better?

A player far more worthy of our accolade than the likes of Okocha, Djorkaeff and the other Allardyce galacticos IMO.

A fee of ?65,000 followed by 270 appearances: absolute quality.

Remember his goal against Barnsley?

Or him getting 10 goals in one season? 2000-1 including two vital play-off goals against West Brom: the 1st of which brought us back from the dead at 2-0 down?

Was boxing Day 97(?), wife went with her mates, shoved them in South Lower out of the way, ended up next to Barnsley lot. Wife was close to getting thrown out baiting the tykes.

Disgraceful behaviour, not something I agree with :roll: 8)

Good piss up that day think it was 12.30 kick off too.

Ask me what happened yesterday, not a fucking clue.

Seeing as you've stuck your motty into something fuck all to do with you, I'll do the same, shall I?

Why turn every fucking thread into a Megson related item? It really is now monotonous & boring. For every dig do you honestly think it makes fuck all difference other than to maybe make them feel better?

OMG, NB you've really gone rough since you became a student :p

OMG, NB you've really gone rough since you became a student :p

Eh? I'm currently in full time employment as well as studying, if that's relevant to my post, which I don't actually see why it is.

My point is, can we not just leave the Megson comments to relevant threads?

Edited by no balls

Eh? I'm currently in full time employment as well as studying, if that's relevant to my post, which I don't actually see why it is.

Sorry thought you'd left and was full time, it was a feeble attempt at lightening up the fast declining WW forum, I failed.

Time hit the off button imho, in fact mods stick a poll up.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.