Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Owen Coyle - BWFC manager

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Disagree, Coyle is the special one. What he has done at Burnley with the very limited budget is untrue, they spend half as much as we do and have players like Alexander (about 48 years old and never did anything at PNE) and Clarke Carlisle (former drunk from Leyland).

He is tactically astute, works better than anyone on a limited budget, motivates well, comes across well in the press and most of all is part of bwfc already.

Get him in

I'll have you know that Clarke Carlisle is officially Brittain's Brainiest Footballer.

Tylswhite your usually first to know, have you heard anything?

I heard Coyle is considering coming to us but hes on more at Burnley than Megson was here. So its all down to money from what i gather, if we pay we get our man but if we are tight again who knows what tosser we will end up with.

The plot thickens. Burnley boss Owen Coyle - heavily linked with the vacant Bolton job - did not appear for their post-match news conference after the 2-1 win at MK Dons. Burnley officials insisted that Coyle had to leave to catch a scheduled flight at Luton airport to see his family in Scotland. Hmm.
Edited by Werder barmen

His asisstant gave some very weak answers to questions

Burnley No 2 Sandy Stewart, who stood in for his boss after the Clarets' 2-1 FA Cup win at MK Dons, claimed Coyle had to catch a flight to see his family.

Coyle is overwhelming favourite to replace axed Trotters chief Gary Megson.

And he made a point of approaching the away end at the final whistle to applaud them for their support.

But Stewart said of Coyle's post-match absence: "There is nothing to read into this.

"Owen had to get away to see his family to celebrate the New Year and if he had done the press there is a real danger he would have missed his flight."

Burnley insist Bolton have NOT contacted them over Coyle.

And Stewart claimed: "It's simply speculation. We had it in the summer with Celtic.

"Until something else happens, I can't make much comment but what I do know is he is very happy at Burnley.

"We have worked hard and we think we have done a good job here to put Burnley in good standing.

"We are happy here, we think we have taken the club forward and that is all we can concentrate on.

"It is up to other people to decide whether it would be a sideways move. If that moment in time comes when Owen has to decide, then he might decide that it is.

"If you asked every player in that changing room, they would hope that it was not Owen Coyle's last game in charge and they don't think it is."

Read more: http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/sport...l#ixzz0bUBGmpEd

I heard Coyle is considering coming to us but hes on more at Burnley than Megson was here. So its all down to money from what i gather, if we pay we get our man but if we are tight again who knows what tosser we will end up with.

That surprises me, they must've given him a huge pay rise to see off Celtic, thought megson would've been on more

coyle gone to scotland straight after match and did not do press conference

increasing speculation over his furure

Burnley said their manager was on his way to catch a flight to Scotland to celebrate the new year with his parents. But Coyle was spotted in the tunnel 45 minutes after the match.

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/...l#ixzz0bUrAmFR6

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.