Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Owen Coyle - BWFC manager

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I mentioned it somewhere, but not seen it on this thread .....

I understood that Gartside recommended Coyle to Burnley.

If so, was he getting Coyle some management experience in England before calling him into the Reebok hot-seat ?

=D>

Feeder Club :)

Phil G will look foolish if coyle turns us down

Why would it?

It may set us back to square 1, and force PG to look at other applicants, but that would not make him look foolish. Infact, probably the opposite, as it shows that he may have some ambition to improve things at the club, instead of going for the easier and cheaper option.

Edited by nwhiteley

• Moderators

I wouldn't mind Coyle but he's not the bolton hero people are making him out to be and i doubt he's anymore affinity with us than we have with burnley

played 2 years for us, only 54 games, been at Burnley longer and achieved more

sadly I think the only ex hero coming is Peter Reid

hope I'm wrong though, I'd take Coyle because he seems to be doing a good job (despite the abysmal away record) not because he played for us

I worded my post incorrectly then - i meant that the most important attribute would be for a manager who could come in and unite the fans etc

With his obvious managerial abillities and the fact he has a big history in getting us where we are today then he would be the number 1 man to do this.

History? Bunkum

Points? Yes, please

He is on a 3 year contract that was signed in November 2007 ( BBC Sport )

would probably cost less than ?0.5m to buy the remainder of his contract out. Just the compensation to agree then !!

I wouldn't mind Coyle but he's not the bolton hero people are making him out to be and i doubt he's anymore affinity with us than we have with burnley

played 2 years for us, only 54 games, been at Burnley longer and achieved more

sadly I think the only ex hero coming is Peter Reid

hope I'm wrong though, I'd take Coyle because he seems to be doing a good job (despite the abysmal away record) not because he played for us

He was shite in most of them, looked out of his depth at that level

Still, gave me probably my finest BWFC memory, winning at Goodison, chanting his name on the way out...

He was a cult hero forever from that point, but I take your point, he's no McGinlay / Walker

Signed an extension until 2012 acording to NOTW

http://www.newsoftheworld.co.uk/sport/foot...g-managers.html

Its actually 2013 according to the Lancashire Evening Telegraph ... 19th June 2009 ....

OWEN Coyle yesterday penned a new four-year deal as manager of Burnley and insisted he could not have let down his players by leaving the club.

http://www.lancashiretelegraph.co.uk/sport..._on_at_Burnley/

• Site Supporter
He was against Gretna in the FA Cup. We'd have looked a right set of tits withoout him that day.

didnt he score a cracker to get the ball rolling against Lincoln in the cup too? can't remember as i was half pissed at that match, but thats whats in my head.

spooky coincidence that we're playing them in the cup this weekend, i think not :pardon:

(well its a good a reason as all the other bull educated speculation) :good:

Its actually 2013 according to the Lancashire Evening Telegraph ... 19th June 2009 ....

OWEN Coyle yesterday penned a new four-year deal as manager of Burnley and insisted he could not have let down his players by leaving the club.

http://www.lancashiretelegraph.co.uk/sport..._on_at_Burnley/

Some contracts do include get out clauses.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.