Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Allardyce Out!

worthy10

Guest bwfcdan
I think he was referring to us criticising someone else's away support.

Oh right apologies... i agree our away support aint much better, but lets be honest we'd take at least double what Burn took to City...

• Moderators
Oh right apologies... i agree our away support aint much better, but lets be honest we'd take at least double what Burn took to City...

didn't see the following, but when we beat City 1-0 on a Monday night when Diouf scored we took less than Plymouth used to bring to Burnden

Us: "we're all going on a european tour"

Them: "you'll only need one coach"

Guest bwfcdan
didn't see the following, but when we beat City 1-0 on a Monday night when Diouf scored we took less than Plymouth used to bring to Burnden

Us: "we're all going on a european tour"

Them: "you'll only need one coach"

Aye i remember that.. i didnt think our following was that bad that night...

• Site Supporter

Kindof feel srry for Big Sam.. as people have said he saw the chance with Newcastle to go for a big club.. and managers will do that.. Gotta be guting being passd on the England job for McClaren...!!

Blackburn wont get a better manager.. but 3 points from 18.. isnt a really good turnover..(3rd from Bottom on current form).. something needs to be sorted about football as managers are really not being givena crack of the whip by the fans..

• Site Supporter
something needs to be sorted about football as managers are really not being givena crack of the whip by the fans..

Any suggestions?

I can't see a solution to this problem while managers and players are enjoying their current rates of pay. The working-class football fan resents the money but still feel a loyalty to the club they supported for years. But they don't shy away from venting their feelings should they feel the need.

Any suggestions?

I can't see a solution to this problem while managers and players are enjoying their current rates of pay. The working-class football fan resents the money but still feel a loyalty to the club they supported for years. But they don't shy away from venting their feelings should they feel the need.

That's the important word. Why should we feel sorry for any manager in the EPL & probably most of the Championship too? I don't adhere to some of the nasty things said but frankly, they're earning good money, we're paying good money, so feeling sorry for them is something I'll not do. When/if they get sacked I think we all know they don't just clear their desk & have to go straight down the Job Centre plus to sign on, do they?

• Moderators

it is shit though, this short termism

both from clubs and fans

now, i understand why its so, and can't blame the clubs, but everything is about the here and now

no time/effort to develop young players at most prem clubs

its all about buying instant solutions

• Site Supporter

Couldn't agree more, the most successful teams in recent years excluding Chelsea have been, although it pains me to say it United and Arsenal, give the manager time and you reap the rewards. Even argueably our most successful period is when the manager was given time to create a team and implement his ideas.

I believe the media hype around the Premiership is more to blame for managers losing there jobs than the fans. Every decision whether its wrong or right is debated about for days after the game on a variety of tv / radio shows and newspapers, unfortunately the phrase 'it'll be tomorrow's fish and chip wrapper' no longer applies to modern day football.

• Site Supporter

I find it interesting that you don't include Chelsea, or at least exclude them from your argument because they don't fit the long-management criteria. What they do have, however, is cash, as do United (hopefully not for long) and Arsenal. so, maybe the success isn't actually down to longevity of manager at all, maybe it's determined purely on the amount of cash for singings you have within the club.

Just a thought!

• Site Supporter
I find it interesting that you don't include Chelsea, or at least exclude them from your argument because they don't fit the long-management criteria. What they do have, however, is cash, as do United (hopefully not for long) and Arsenal. so, maybe the success isn't actually down to longevity of manager at all, maybe it's determined purely on the amount of cash for singings you have within the club.

Just a thought!

money does it all..

United

Chelsea

Arsenal

Liverpool

Man City now ( theyre just buying points )

occasionally you will get a team in the top half off breeding good players.. but it doesnt seem to be the case anymore. No one wants to take the chance on a youth player..

When was the last time a youth player at Bolton made an impact.... ??

• Site Supporter
money does it all..

United

Chelsea

Arsenal

Liverpool

occasionally you will get a team in the top half off breeding good players.. but it doesnt seem to be the case anymore. No one wants to take the chance on a youth player..

Greg Strong contributed to the goal difference with a rather special display one new years day at Sheff Weds :pardon:

EDIT: seems he came through Wigans books, as you were!

Edited by superjohnmcginlay

• Site Supporter
money does it all..

United

Chelsea

Arsenal

Liverpool

Nolan??

I was going to say Nicky Hunt, but had second thoughts....

Greg Strong contributed to the goal difference with a rather special display one new years day at Sheff Weds :pardon:

EDIT: seems he came through Wigans books, as you were!

I ran him ragged when Smithills school played against him, I scored 2 and megged him about 3 times, hes was rather cross.

• Site Supporter

There upto 12 pages on that now, seems Jackburn have there grey marl brigade too! :yahoo:

Re: Sack Sam Allardyce

Postby matthart88 ? Tue Jan 12, 2010 2:26 pm

As the starter of this thread i hav got round to reading all the comments and apart from the odd bullshit support for allardyce point i am glad to see a gradual movement towards getting rid of this incompetent man. I am all for doing whatever it takes to get this bastard out of our club, but we need to act, we cant just slag him off on here. Im not one to say what the best method is of ensuring his removal, i have never been in a position where i am so outraged by the incompetence of a manager at our club and his disgusting approach to tactics and the media. I do however know that as long as this man is in charge of our club, i will not pay to watch our club or for any of our merchandise as i cannot condone paying any more money into this fucker's paycheck and if money is the reason why we cant afford to sack him then that is just tragic, but this club will not see another penny from me until we GET ALLARDYCE OUT.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.