Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

And There Was Me Hoping

Burndens Bogs

It was in the Confederations cup, it was in the African Nations, it's just background noise. It doesn't bother me in the slightest, it's part of African culture in an African World Cup, it's expected and it's not going to make a game worse, if so press mute.

No point complaining because it's only gonna get you more annoyed when you hear the sound, people complaining about the pundits, commentators, it's just part of football. Enjoy the game, accept the flavour of the fans in their country.

I take you've not noticed the number of players unable to hear the whistle then.

Do you mean Van Persie, who did that 'cos he could have got a card?

Carragher said he had no problem on the pitch with the noise, and his taking 2 home for his children. I know it's a constant noise and I fully understand why people don't like it, it does drain out other fans who want to cheer and sing and even when a goal is scored you hear it, but it's expected and nothing going to change it, unless they are thrown on the pitch has a missile. It's people having fun in the way they want.

Edited by DidledeeBwfc

Carragher said he had no problem on the pitch with the noise, and his taking 2 home for his children. I know it's a constant noise and I fully understand why people don't like it, it does drain out other fans who want to cheer and sing and even when a goal is scored you hear it, but it's expected and nothing going to change it, unless they are thrown on the pitch has a missile. It's people having fun in the way they want.

There's been others & I'm surprised you hadn't noticed.

And to be honest, if I was one of Carraghers kids I'd sooner hear one of those vulvas rather than his voice.

It's shit, it's annoying for the majority of the people out there visiting, those people paying money in the grounds, many footballers and it's annoying it for the majority watching at home.

It's the world cup not a cultural exhibition.

Guest Frandsen08

Evra blamed the horn things on france only drawing against uruguay. Had nothing to do with them being biblically SHIT!

I'm too busy watching the football to notice, and I know there have been others, it's an easy excuse, commentators voice and the action is taking up my listening/viewing mind, so it's just background noise that is easily accepted.

But everyone's different.

Edited by DidledeeBwfc

• Members

It's not just background noise. My missus only ever takes notice of football when the World Cups on and she has only watched 10 minutes of the opening match so far because it drives her to distraction. I fcuking hate that drone too and would be tempted to take it off some c?nt next to me and batter the fcuker with it.

Of course FIFA won't ban it. The same politics which awarded the Cup to South Africa in the first place.

• Site Supporter

i bet he nicked them!

the horns, not the kids..

I know it's early days yet - but for me,these fcukin' horns are spoiling the football.Players/teams can be lifted by their supporters and the noise of the crowd, but they can't hear nothing due to this monotonous shite - so most of the football so far has been the same..........monotonous one paced shite.That's my theory anyrurd.

I turn the sound off when I watch otherwise I would be putting my foot through the screen. I tried watching with the radio commentary where the buzzing is not as loud as on the TV commentary but it eventually gets to you on there as well. I earnestly hope nobody tries to introduce them to this country next season. If there is anyone near me with one it will get snapped in half.

Guest Frandsen08

The BBC are apparently looking into providing a comentary on the red button with the vuvuzelas turned down

My link

can they not turn mark bright lawrenson mccarthy and pearce down instead.

After the Confederations cup i knew these vulvas where going to be a pain in the arse for the WC so it has come as no great suprise to me at all.

This godforsaken racket does drown out whatever the crowd gives to the matches. If the TV companys do filter out the noise then shirley it will take away what little we hear from the crowd.

If they do filter it out I reckon they should play some good old fashoin retro chanting from MOTD and Kick-Off from 70's and 80's in the background.

Edited by Underpants

After the Confederations cup i knew these vulvas where going to be a pain in the arse for the WC so it has come as no great suprise to me at all.

This godforsaken racket does drown out whatever the crowd gives to the matches. If the TV companys do filter out the noise then shirley it will take away what little we hear from the crowd.

If they do filter it out I reckon they should play some good old fashoin retro chanting from MOTD and Kick-Off from 70's and 80's in the background.

Yeh, cracking idea. Could be a few difficulties though.

Cameroon scorer runs away celebrating with 'zigger zagger...'millwall chant in the background.

or, 'your going home in a feckin' ambulance' as a player is stretchered off.

• Moderators

can't say it bothers me, barely notice once the game starts

anything that drowns out bright, beglin et al is alright by me

if that's what africans like to do, then let em do it, f?ck the rest of the world

• Members

can't say it bothers me, barely notice once the game starts

anything that drowns out bright, beglin et al is alright by me

if that's what africans like to do, then let em do it, f?ck the rest of the world

Bollards. Noise pollution and its control is a big part of my job. Continuous drones like this are bad for your health and have been known to provoke a violent response.

Hopefully, Africans won't get another World Cup for a very long time if they're going to ruin a world event for so many.

Edited by bolty58

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.