Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Shit Day At Work

Anyone else? Hope not.

Anyway, by dint of working in Manchester tomorrow ( watch Granada Tonight tomorrow hopefully)I have a random night in Bolton which should be nice. Eating a tapas place near Oddie's in town, any good?

I've had a shit day... working on a Household recycling site, a tip in other words... fuck it's hard graft on a hot day like this! Started at 7.30 and finished at 6.15. Need the cash though!

There are some right dirty bastards about, I hate getting piss and shit and god knows what else stained matresses in. but the worst is piss soaked carpet.. stinks like nothing else. i wonder how people can live like that. They've all got bollocks excuses too... the dog had an accident or such like. Bollox, it would take gallons of piss to make it smell the way it does.

I have spent the last 15 minutes in the shower.

I'm not doing it tomorrow. thank fuck!

Ok may have openly disagreed with my boss in a client meeting ( fuckin tool that he us) and pissed off said client but I've not been lugging piss carpets around.

Although every train I step on this week seems doomed to be late, from mudslides in Croydon to power failure in Tring.

Ive had one of them days were you cant shake off that early morning tiredness. Got in from work at half 4 and went bed til 7. Love a good snooze :thumbsup:

Needless to say, ive not been at my most productive today I tell thee!

I'm going to bed.. I am shattered!

I only do this sort of work for a few days a month and it is back breaking stuff when you're used to it, never mind when you're not!! It's my legs and feet that are killing me, I was on my feet solid from 7.45 to 12.30 then from 1pm to 3pm when I had 10 mins break. then from 3.10 to 6.15.

I have a sunburned face and head, abrasions right up me arms and am still sure I can smell piss. even though I've had another shower since I posted my last message. All for ?6.76 an hour. I need to sort something better out soon. i earned double that 15 years ago!

The job at the tip isn't all bad though, it's a great laugh and 99.9% of the customers are really nice and there are some tidy women about too, especially in weather like today!

Anyway my glamorous job tomorrow is at the landfill where I am picking rubbish out of rubble by hand before it is crushed to make sub base. That's not as tough as in I can stop for a break more regularly but I am scrambling about in rubble which is dangerous and have to wear full PPE including a hard hat... that does my head in. At least at the HWRC I don't have to.

God my life is glamorous just now, no wonder i'm fighting the women off.

Anyone else? Hope not.

Anyway, by dint of working in Manchester tomorrow ( watch Granada Tonight tomorrow hopefully)I have a random night in Bolton which should be nice. Eating a tapas place near Oddie's in town, any good?

Interesting day

The boss ceased car allowance for us

• Site Supporter

Ok may have openly disagreed with my boss in a client meeting ( fuckin tool that he us) and pissed off said client but I've not been lugging piss carpets around.

Although every train I step on this week seems doomed to be late, from mudslides in Croydon to power failure in Tring.

Are you Reginald Perrin?

I've had nothing go wrong today which counts as a right result. Tomorrow is likely to be payback time now I've said that.

Office is moving from Barking soon!

only to Stratford mind

but its like leaving salford for Vegas

Fuck me, Barking must be bad because Stratford was a shithole when we had to walk through it to west ham last year due to the tubeline closures

Fuck me, Barking must be bad because Stratford was a shithole when we had to walk through it to west ham last year due to the tubeline closures

yep, you are right

but words cant describe how bad barking is

Shit day, shit week. On Monday I shelled out ?950.00 on a new bus & train pass. Train was only 2 carriages, no air con sweltering day, train was like a moving sauna and we were held just past Salford Cresent for 30 mins, then diverted to Victoria ( no announcement ) & held for another 10 mins before they found a platform. Train was subsequently cancelled. End result 1 hour late for work, dripping with sweat & I felt knackered

Been kept up by the screaming neighbours & there rioting kids the last two nights & I've had to get into work early in order to make up for the hour lost on Monday & tomorrow I'm at a mates Funeral.

I thought yesterday was bad but this morning was miles worse, I considered jacking the job in.

I was in an aggregates yard, which for those who don't know about such things, is a place where soil and stone is cleaned and seperated into products for the company to sell. It was absolutely pelting down and I was asked to dig out the area under the wash plant because the HSE were making a site visit this afternoon, The wash plant is where soil, stone and gravel are put into a hopper at one end of a vibrating conveyor and washed with a stream of water whilst they are moving along the conveyor. A lot of the silt drips through the conveyor and congregates below forming, in todays case, a foot deep layer of mud (which absolutely stinks!!) The clean products are automatically screened and seperated into their own heaps.

I was shovelling away at the silt ok and though I wasn't happy, I've had worse jobs... I will do anything asked of me at work, that's probably the only reason I still have a job, I do jobs the Poles turn down. My boss then came to me and said, he had to turn the wash plant on because they were running out of a certain product they needed. After that it was fuckin horrendous, I was getting wet enough from the rain but once the silty slithery stuff started to come down on me it was bloody awful. I did it for an hour and a half, and then for the first time thought fuck this.... I am not doing any more and walked off the job. I stripped bollock naked in the toilets and threw my workwear away, it was an inch thick with shit. and put on a spare boilersuit I found. I went to the managers office expecting to have a massive row abut he just said, I didn't think you would last so long... I thought that was a cunts answer. He knew what he asked of me wasn't right and I told him so.

I came home got showered and changed and went back to the job I am employed to do in an office on a weighbridge and the rest of the day was fine.

I am not going to have the piss taken out of me again though... I have a full time contract on it's way to me and once it arrives he can kiss my arse!

Edited by jazza

• Site Supporter

I thought yesterday was bad but this morning was miles worse, I considered jacking the job in.

I was in an aggregates yard, which for those who don't know about such things, is a place where soil and stone is cleaned and seperated into products for the company to sell. It was absolutely pelting down and I was asked to dig out the area under the wash plant because the HSE were making a site visit this afternoon, The wash plant is where soil, stone and gravel are put into a hopper at one end of a vibrating conveyor and washed with a stream of water whilst they are moving along the conveyor. A lot of the silt drips through the conveyor and congregates below forming, in todays case, a foot deep layer of mud (which absolutely stinks!!) The clean products are automatically screened and seperated into their own heaps.

I was shovelling away at the silt ok and though I wasn't happy, I've had worse jobs... I will do anything asked of me at work, that's probably the only reason I still have a job, I do jobs the Poles turn down. My boss then came to me and said, he had to turn the wash plant on because they were running out of a certain product they needed. After that it was fuckin horrendous, I was getting wet enough from the rain but once the silty slithery stuff started to come down on me it was bloody awful. I did it for an hour and a half, and then for the first time thought fuck this.... I am not doing any more and walked off the job. I stripped bollock naked in the toilets and threw my workwear away, it was an inch thick with shit. and put on a spare boilersuit I found. I went to the managers office expecting to have a massive row abut he just said, I didn't think you would last so long... I thought that was a cunts answer. He knew what he asked of me wasn't right and I told him so.

I came home got showered and changed and went back to the job I am employed to do in an office on a weighbridge and the rest of the day was fine.

I am not going to have the piss taken out of me again though... I have a full time contract on it's way to me and once it arrives he can kiss my arse!

owd on, your boss had you working under the conveyor, then needed to turn it on, but then expected you to work under it while it was running, with the shite falling off it? on a day the HSE were due on site?

or have I read that wrong?

There are guards on the conveyor and it is safe to be there.

The shite wasn't falling off it, it was dripping.

it just wasn't pleasant

edit to say... I've read the risk assesment and signed the working instruction so it is all agreed company procedure

Edited by jazza

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.