Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

People Carriers

barryk32

• Site Supporter

I had a sedona until very recently and have to agree they are great, 7 adults in no problem plenty of room, can pick up decent aged one for a few grand, dont pay any attention to the badge snobs like Clarkson who will tell you it's a tank this and korean that, they are great value for what you pay and a great reliable drive.

if you want a cheaper option, and you don't mind two of the 8 seats being lap belt only, get a toyota lucida or previa, I had one of these for years and never missed a beat, age of them usually varies as imported and usually all on M N and K plates but you could pick a good one of these up for around a grand.

dont know where you live but the garage on radcliffe moor rd, opposite the sparking clog has a good few and theres loads on e bay in any case.

• Members

I had a sedona until very recently and have to agree they are great, 7 adults in no problem plenty of room, can pick up decent aged one for a few grand, dont pay any attention to the badge snobs like No Balls who will tell you it's a tank this and korean that, they are great value for what you pay and a great reliable drive.

Corrected.

Good shout on the Previa too. There's still loads of them knocking around and seeing so many cars around of that age is proof enough they're sound.

Edited by DazBobParr

thats not an mpv, its a house with wheels

Ture

But great to drive, goes like shit of a shovel for something so big (well once you got it moving), I had one in the US then shipped it back to UK when I came back last time, loved it but it was a bit heavy on gas, I could only get 21.5 mpg if I was careful

Ture

But great to drive, goes like shit of a shovel for something so big (well once you got it moving), I had one in the US then shipped it back to UK when I came back last time, loved it but it was a bit heavy on gas, I could only get 21.5 mpg if I was careful

That's not bad actually,i once had a Range Rover 4.6 petrol that did around 12 miles per gallon round town :blink:

Aye, Chrysler Voyager, Kia Sedona, Espace..... all very good to a point. And that point is that I wouldn't put my kids in them JUST in case it was involved in an accident. Have you seen what happens to them in a rear ender? Not nice. You'd be ok but the kids wouldn't stand a chance.

Disco would be ok but with the back 2 seats up theres no room for luggage. And it WILL break down, put your mortgage on it. Along the same lines you could get an old LWB landie station wagon, 2 in front, 3 behind and up to 3 per side in the back making a potential total of 11 seats but it WILL bankrupt you, not necessarily with servicing and repair charges BUT with trips to the chiropractor and dentist to fix your fillings back in after it's shaken them out. Oh, and it WILL break down. And be cold. And noisy. BUT will build up your upper body strength due to lack of power steering. And you won't find an even half decent one for less than a couple of grand, so I wouldn't bother.

If you've so little to play with you're probably better off going with the mini bus option or failing that the van with side windows and back seat conversion, put as much space as you can between yer little 'uns and the road/rear end.

Not really any answer to this question though really.

When mrs cure looked at a people carrier last time she test drove X5's which then only had 5 seats, they do a 7 seater now but you could count on adding at least a 25 to the front of your ?750 even for a ragged basic one, and that'd be petrol. Grand scenics, espaces, C8 picassos, galaxy's very nice and well appointed but you really can't think about rear seat safety enough. Zafiras are too small and specced up cost almost as much as a bloody beemer!

We went down the 4WD route with a Citroen C-Crosser which has a bloody big rear cross member and forward facing 3rd row rear seats. Well, at least until the eldest 2 reckoned they wouldn't be seen dead out with us any more, so we just bought a bloody big old Merc bruiser instead. Plenty of sheet metal in front and behind.

Have you considered selling any of your kids to Madonna??

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.