Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Signature Dish

Big fan of TV cooking shows like MasterChef, Thought young claire should have won plus she's quite a dish herself (she can come round to my house anytime and I'm sure I can knock something up).

I quite enjoy cooking and I would say that Lamb or beef wellington was my best dish with fondant potato and glazed root vegetables served with a red wine jus. Also love pastry and like making a pear tart tatin with sauce anglaise. (posh custard). So whats your best dish?

Maggie

I like the sound of that

Care to talk me through the Asian asparagus and broccoli bit?

Cheers

Ps you sure you're a leyther?? You're starting to sound like a Cheshire white!

Probably three months since I've been in Leigh, need to get back quick obviously

Asian asparagus and broccoli, piece of piss. Boil them in salted water as per normal but don't murder them, you want them a little bit crunchy. Chop half a chilli, crush a clove of garlic, 2 tablespoons of soy sauce, 4-6 tablespoons of half decent olive oil, juice of a lime and a couple of splashes of sesame oil. Mix all that together in a bowl and when the greens are done, drain them, combine the lot and that's thee

I confess it's a Jamie's 30 minute effort, try googling it, it ought to be somewhere

Maggie

I like the sound of that

Care to talk me through the Asian asparagus and broccoli bit?

Cheers

Ps you sure you're a leyther?? You're starting to sound like a Cheshire wife!

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.