Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

January Transfer Rumour Mill 2012

Happy Wanderer

Given our situation right now, I'm not sure we want to spending any amount of money on potential.

Come the summer if we've avoided the drop,fine.(Acknowledging the fact that bigger clubs may win out then.)

Having said that, their chairman can spout all he likes, if this lad decides he wants a move,now he knows of our interest, someone will make it happen.

To truly progress, Wilf needs a better team around him than one of those s***e supported 3rd class teams from Lancashire.

There are only 2 clubs worth their salt in Lancs and that is the 2 Mancs. Call me old fashioned but I've never found myself drawn to any game on the box that's featured Bolton, Blackburn or Wigan.

Funnily enough i've always thought of Crystal Palace as a s***e supported, 3rd class team.

It's going into overdrive a bit now. Bolton have got one agreed. And will know more on the next shortly. Mental. #reluctantnicko

You do know he throws out stuff like that to get attention?

Taking into account pre season expectations (based on handicaps given), they are top of the over achievers league in the Championship followed by Barnsley, Cardiff and Derby.

They were 3rd favourites for relegation

They were in the play off places until they recently but have been concentrating on the Carling Cup. They played the second string a few times in the league.

Zaha and Clyne are their two best players.

Jonathon Williams is possibly the most exciting prospect but hes really young and injured. Sean Scannel is another good one but he doesnt score enough goals.

I suppose you could compare them to Southampton and Middlesbrough who both have had some amazing youngsters come through but have been struggling.

Fair enough

Average sides can have good players, but it was worth asking

Boro and Southampton are challenging at the top though, so their starlets appear to be achieving more at the moment

Boro and Southampton are challenging at the top though, so their starlets appear to be achieving more at the moment

I know what you mean but I meant Southampton and Boro a few years ago when they had Wallcott, Bale, Chamberlain and Lallana(who they still have).

Boro had Downing, Adam Johnson, Cattermole, Morrison, Wheather and a few others I can't rememeber yet still managed to get relegated.

By the way, two of the Palace games I went he didn't even start, that shows how much he has come on. He did come on and completely change the game both times though.

• Site Supporter

Dont know anything about Miyachi, anyone seen him play?

nope but

Loan to Feyenoord

Just after he signed for Arsenal, it was announced that he was set to join Feyenoord on loan. On February 5, he played his first game for Feyenoord against Vitesse. He played the full 90 minutes and was named man of the match (the game ended 1?1).[6] Miyaichi played against Heracles Almelo and scored the opening goal and created the second for Feyenoord.[7] On April 17, 2011, Miyaichi scored two goals and contributed two assists in Feyenoord's 6?1 victory over Willem II, leading a revival after Feyenoord had conceded an early goal.[8]

The Dutch media gave him the nickname "Ryodinho" after comparisons to Ronaldinho. He has also been branded the Japanese Messi.[9]

• Moderators

Fair enough

Average sides can have good players, but it was worth asking

also, better managers perhaps?

you win nowt with kids alone, though they can be your best players, rest of the squad might be shite

they're only 8 points off the play offs, which is only a good run of form away in that division, they could easily end up the play offs by end of feb as easily as they could slip right down (13 above the bottom 3 though) - they're also just behind high spending leicester and PL experienced Burnley

Guest Frandsen08

Didn't we land Sturridge on the last day? I just want some new faces, our team is doing well atm, but if we get more injuries, our bench doesn't look that good.

aye we did. seems like one deal is done remains to be seen who for and the offer for zaha looks like its still on the table.

I know what you mean but I meant Southampton and Boro a few years ago when they had Wallcott, Bale, Chamberlain and Lallana(who they still have).

Boro had Downing, Adam Johnson, Cattermole, Morrison, Wheather and a few others I can't rememeber yet still managed to get relegated.

By the way, two of the Palace games I went he didn't even start, that shows how much he has come on. He did come on and completely change the game both times though.

also, better managers perhaps?

you win nowt with kids alone, though they can be your best players, rest of the squad might be shite

they're only 8 points off the play offs, which is only a good run of form away in that division, they could easily end up the play offs by end of feb as easily as they could slip right down (13 above the bottom 3 though) - they're also just behind high spending leicester and PL experienced Burnley

Aye, agree with the both of you; I was just wondering as I've seen little of Palace