Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Bolton 1 Wigan 2

Mounts Kipper

• Moderators

...and according to someone on here Arsenal 'could have had six'.

I disagree, was more like 4, but they didn't

They did bum us in the first half but second half we got better and could've won it last 20, but didn't

None of this distracts from the fact we were fucking rubbish yesterday

• Moderators

phil gartisde spent the whole of the last 20 minutes of the game in the area facing scotts behind the chairmans suite.

not watching the game,just simply staring out of the window....

Was telling my mate this, he's been in there a few times, seen him do it before, last time was last season when we were getting bummed by Chelsea on the Monday night, he asked him why and it's more just a "I don't like watching us bummed" attitude than a time to reflect

That said, it probably crosses his mind

The Coyle situation confuses me no end.

His methods are based around player motivation, teamwork and playing the game with a smile on their faces. What I see on the pitch

is the exact opposite Being tactically inept, the players look disjointed and glum and lack leadership, in short they dont look like a team or play like a team. The first 10 minutes yesterday we were all over Wigan like a rash, Mavies had 2 or 3 runs, Petrov got behind a couple of times. Eagles was completely static, Wigan were going past him with ease as he made no attempt whatsoever to put any kind of effort into the game, I couldnt believe what I was seeing. The Wigan playes, encouraged by our teams lack of effort and got more and more into the game. We must be the easiest ground in the Premier League to come and play at, the least intimidating and softest centre.

Our defence looked farcical, when Howard Webb outpaced Knight and Wheater during a Wigan break I laughed at just how shit they are.

• Moderators

Petrov was the only player getting in behind their defence in the first half, I was gobsmacked that he had taken him off.

If we can play him on the left and Japaneasy on the right both getting in behind with 3 in central midfield then we will have a chance.

coyle won't play the jap on the right

you know why?

cos he's a fcuking right footed winger!

Was it ricketts who stopped running to appeal fot a high boot the build up for wigan's winner?

No it was Wheater waving his arm around and turning his back on the player instead of getting on with it. Play to the whistle that's what gets drummed into you as a young lad, why oh why can't the professionals follow that basic rule beats me.

Being tactically inept, the players look disjointed and glum and lack leadership, in short they dont look like a team or play like a team.

The first 10 minutes yesterday we were all over Wigan like a rash, Mavies had 2 or 3 runs, Petrov got behind a couple of times.

The Wigan playes, encouraged by our teams lack of effort and got more and more into the game.

So these 'inept' tactics meant that we were 'all over Wigan' for the first ten minutes, then the players decided to stop doing what they were doing previously and guess what? Wigan got 'more and more into the game'. Funny how that works.

So these 'inept' tactics meant that we were 'all over Wigan' for the first ten minutes, then the players decided to stop doing what they were doing previously and guess what? Wigan got 'more and more into the game'. Funny how that works.

give up please, your bordering on insane

Coyle fucked up, hopefully he will realise and change it round or we are fucked.

We were all over wiggin.

Wiggin made changes to their tactics and got in control of the game.

Did coyle then change his tactics?

You can't play an entire 90 minutes with one tactic.

Tactics are more than just formation.

If we were playing 442 why did coyle not instruct HIS team to play that way rather than hoofing the ball up field to an unsupported front line?

Yesterday was pretty poor from the fans. Whatever happened to the days when we sang the great escape tune and getting behind the players 100% have those days long gone?

You're right to a point.

The difference between this and other relegation-threatened seasons is that we all believed the squad was good enough to get out of trouble. I doubt that this is currently true.

You're right to a point.

The difference between this and other relegation-threatened seasons is that we all believed the squad was good enough to get out of trouble. I doubt that this is currently true.

I honestly think that this squad is good enough for 8th to 13th

The manager hasn't the foggiest

ED must be really pissed off

The fans have been patient beyond most modern day supporters and would have turned much sooner against almost anyone else

I actually feel quit sorry for him there, looks like a man with the world on his shoulders

Watched the Boro v Sunderland game on telly midweek. Noticed how O'Neill and Mowbray are continuously talking to their assistants in the game. Coyle hardly ever does. A combination of thinking that he knows it all and having no-one worth talking to.

• Site Supporter

Watched the Boro v Sunderland game on telly midweek. Noticed how O'Neill and Mowbray are continuously talking to their assistants in the game. Coyle hardly ever does. A combination of thinking that he knows it all and having no-one worth talking to.

Maybe, like us, he doesn't know who the assistant is either!