Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Bolton 1 Wigan 2

Mounts Kipper

• Moderators

it was with depressing predictability I read:

"The skipper and David had played ever so well together at the DW Stadium and we had won the game with a bit to spare,? he said. ?The same wide players also played, so they have all had opportunities, they can?t say they haven?t"

that was five bastard months ago

Norwich was last week

Everton, Liverpool and Arsenal were in our recent and best form of the season and he defends it by citing the previous Wigan game?

here comes 4-4-2 V QPR because we beat them on the first day

Edited by ZicoKelly

"Little things like formations" is that a wind up?

Everytime he does an interview he becomes more of a laughing stock!

If formations are little things, what's the big things? Standing on the touchline cheer leading week in week out?

I'm sorry but that quote alone is a stackable offence, it's downright ridiculous.

I still can't get this game out of my head. Still bewildered about the formation change. Its doing my fuckin head in

That is what I feel like.

I Just do not understand why he did it.

In a match like this the first thing you should do is make it hard for your opponents and we made it easy.

Yes, there were some shocking individual displays but we were played off the park by Wigan because we couldn't get the ball off them.

We had a player on the bench who is good at doing just that but he didn't use him! Why?

The substitutions we made changed nothing because Coyle did not address the problem.

Sam Allardyce would have changed formation after 25 minutes because it was obvious by then.

I'm still fuming and I'm usually quite pragmatic after a defeat, but this was shockingly bad management!

That is what I feel like.

I Just do not understand why he did it.

In a match like this the first thing you should do is make it hard for your opponents and we made it easy.

Yes, there were some shocking individual displays but we were played off the park by Wigan because we couldn't get the ball off them.

We had a player on the bench who is good at doing just that but he didn't use him! Why?

The substitutions we made changed nothing because Coyle did not address the problem.

Sam Allardyce would have changed formation after 25 minutes because it was obvious by then.

I'm still fuming and I'm usually quite pragmatic after a defeat, but this was shockingly bad management!

Well said. I agree with every word of that.

U'r right, I shouldn't have just skimmed over the article.

The comments attributed to Coyle make no more sense though.

And I shouldn't have took your word for it!

Anyway, the less said about that gangly pleb the better.

Edited by matty_bwfc11

I honestly think Coyle knows he is on thin ice now, he is reverting into a clone of Megson blaming all and sundry, even taking a backhanded swipe at the fans with his BEN interview, Managers these days don't walk because of the financial implications, but if Coyle feels as passionate about the club as he keeps banging on about, he should just hold his hands up and tell us I am not up to this job at this level, that way he can leave with everybodies best wishes.

If he stays and carries on with his shambolic mind boggling team selections, it will not matter that he is a former player, he will be blighted from every corner of the Reebok, and he will leave a sorry man, he needs to remember his contract runs out in the Summer, do the right thing Owen and fuck off now.

Right, I always liked OC even if I didn't rate him but the one thIng I've lost now is respect for him

If he doesn't appreciate the close relationship between formation and the way the players perform then he has to be ejected for the good of the club now

The linearity between our results and the way we are set up is so basic that it takes nothing but a stubborn fool not to address it

The scary thing is that the layman who supports another club thinks OCis ace, meaning I guarantee if this continues, as we turn en masse against St Owen we will be criticised by all and sundry who will utilise Megson's shit deflector as yet another vantage to put down the average Wanderer who is fed up with this wankfest

Eddie / PG, I plead and I beg, I'm not irrational(always), nor do I believe I am petty, but for the love of BWFC, we are being ruined, not by an obvious evil like the odious ginger servant, but by a poor mistaken media savvy fool who is too blind to see; too stubborn to act

Sometimes the biggest danger comes accidentally, meaning well and with a cheery smile on their face

Learn this lesson well and learn it quick, or the club we worship may be no more sooner than we realise; relegation may cost dear. A swift return is anything but guaranteed

I've never taken any coaching badges,nor played at any level beyond amateur/pub teams and nor, I suspect, have many on this (or other) forums but it would appear that everyone can see what is so blindingly obvious to all but Coyle. The depression I felt when the team came up on the screens before kick off was palpable.Surely to God there is someone in the army of goons that he surrounds himself with who has the balls to put there hand up and " 'scuse me Boss but don't you think.........?" or are they just an army of yes men and sycophants?

Any imbecile could see that after the first 30 mins on Saturday Wigan were the team in complete control. Just a shame the set of imbeciles sat in the blue recaro seats at the side of the pitch couldn't.

We got back into the game courtesy of a huge slice of luck followed by a wonderful finish.

A few minutes later and it's game over. The guy who stuck the ball in the net was the guy Mark Davies should have tracked back. He wasn't even within 20 yards of him when he tucked it into the net. Wouldn't have happened if Muamba had been there. Simple as that.

You can blame Mark Davies for not tracking back, or you can say it's a fault we know he has ... which is why if he plays then Muamba also has to.

• Moderators

i hate knight so i'm happy to highlight each and every fault

i'm busy these days, cos he keeps on giving

watch him in the build up to the second

hes 30 yards from his own goal and stops to watch play develop nearer to our goal than him

he belatedly sets off and hes 5 yards from being in the right place when it breaks from bogdan

Fuck me the Pigheaded twat train has pulled up at Coylesgate Station -what a load of bollocks keep that up and we're 100% down you fucked up, you've alienated certain members of the squad for too long and now it's costing us and if Zat Fucking Knight pipes up one more time the week after a shocking display then I'll Tonya Harding the Bambi on ice fuckwit

You'll have to move to Cornwall first,

I hear that's were the back of the queue is now.

According to NRC in tonight's BEN it was a lack of commitment, determinition and passion which saw us outplayed by the division's bottom team.

It's easier for Reo Coker to say that than he's having to work with two Championship strikers and Championship level midfield colleagues.

Bolton and Wigan are a similar standard on the pitch.Neither have good enough attacking players to win home games and get most of their points away from home.