Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Working From Home

Bea Smith

Is not working for me, im sat here eating ( this is shameful) a tin of raviolli that was heated in a microwave.

i dont take breaks and im sure i should be paying myself over time.

Should i be setting an alarm clock for a 'dinner hour' and walking round the block to get out??

Work colleagues can be an endless source of fun and/ or someone to mock.

If i want a chat i have to turn the tele on and ad lib with it!

Hints and tips for succesfull working from home please, cos im dogshite at it.

Guest Frandsen08

my dads mate works from home and he has to get up dressed and ready like hes going out to th office, goes for a walk first then sets up work, doesn't have the tv on or any distractions.

I work from home a couple or three days a week. I generally have to lock myself in the "office" (the third bedroom) so that I don't get distracted. I sometimes have the radio on (Talksport or 5-Live) for a bit of company as it gives me something to shout at when they are talking bollocks.

I rarely have a lunch hour, but then again I've never really done so

Agree with Traf, time management, discipline, dedicated area with no distarctions if possible and take breaks. Get out of the house every day even if it's just nipping to the shops. Use the time you would have been commuting and lunchtime to do household stuff and come on here for light relief (or the toy box!) but remember if you were in a workplace you wouldn't be able to spend all day on here.

Cue NB's response within a couple of minutes :D

I work from home 4 or 5 times a months, I usually get up to travel to work at 6am and tend to do the same when at home.

I'll go into my office and the get loads done till 11am then have 3 hours off then work through till 5 or 6.

Best thing is texting the wife downstairs for a brew :thumbsup: