Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Ebay Nutters

Bea Smith

Flogged some of my old stuff in the last few days, woken up to a rant off a 'customer' this morning. 'Where is my item, i need this for Sunday' etc etc. For Gods sake man, you only paid 2 days ago( late at night whilst i was asleep anyway) , ive not got a post office at my disposal in the middle of the frigging night,

My listing for the item says will post within 2 days of payment, ( today), the method of postage he paid for states 3-4 days for delivery. Therefore anyone with brains would not have bid on an item they need for Sunday unless they contacted you to arrange special/recorded delivery and paid for that.

Im trying to think of a polite way to put the dick in his place,

Perhaps i should fly in with a helicopter and drop it on his head.

yes, im now in a bad mood

I went through a phase of buying stuff on ebay when pissed...

Nothing worse than a parcell turning up and you have no recolection buying it!

I bought some of chain thingys you put round your shoes to stop you slipping on the ice...i honestly thought it was gimp mask when it arrived!

I bought a 6ft spirit level when I aready had one,and at the time was off with a broken ankle...

And the best of all was a foot spa!

Guest Frandsen08

I bought some of chain thingys you put round your shoes to stop you slipping on the ice...i honestly thought it was gimp mask when it arrived!

I bought a 6ft spirit level when I aready had one,and at the time was off with a broken ankle...

my mate bout 10lbs worth of haribo cola bottles when pissed, seemed a good idea at the time.

I sell the odd bits and bats on Ebay and Amazon - mainly because I'm an anti-clutter freak. I sell books I no longer need ('academic' ones - not the latest fiction - oooh aren't I highbrow :)) records/CDs I don't play anymore etc.

Anyway, I've noticed a current trend - I send off an item in quick time, in the same nick I described it in etc. The buyer then starts making claims that it was substandard and/or late and leaves negative feedback almost immediately. They leave this feedback before they've even given you right to reply - one guy must have given me a bad review before he'd even opened the bloody thing.

They then have you over a barrel, it's their word against yours, now comes the good (or bad) part. They ask you for, or you offer a partial refund (because you don't want negative feedback/a bad seller rep.) and they snatch your fucking hand off...

Typical response from one of these twats:

"OK, I will accept your offer of a partial/full refund, when I receive the refund I will, of course, remove the negative feedback..."

They write this like they're doing you a fucking favour - it's a scam by cheapskates to get stuff on the cheap, because I sell quite a lot, I've got wise to it - I now always list everything exactly in the condition it's in, check it before I send it (take pictures if necessary) and then when they try this ruse on me now, I can tell them to get fucked (well - report them to Amazon/Ebay :D)

Edited by Youri McAnespie

Guest Frandsen08

Frandsen, that WAS a good idea. has he got any left over?

it was ok because, his place was the meeting spot, so loads of us would end up eating it and he gave loads away for Halloween , and he ended up giving loads away to his nieces and nephews. he probably still has some still left over though!

Once, for some bizarre reason* and when extremely pissed, I bid on - and won, not one, but two 24" 'Cruiser' BMXs. They were about ?350 apiece and one was in Surrey t'other in Ilfracombe or somewhere, and both were 'Collect in Person - No Postage offered'.

Obviously not wanting them - I send them both a message, with some cock and bull story about leaving my Ebay account open at my sister's and my (I hinted he was a not-right) nephew had obviously bid on them. The guy from Devon was quite cool about it, even found it funny - said he'd had plenty bids so he would move down the line to the next bidder(s).

The Surrey guy however was a complete and utter arse - being personally abusive, ranting and raving and threatening to send SOCA round (well report me to Ebay) - I had to placate him to the tune of about ?40 for timewasting and his relisting costs.

I had half a mind to call his bluff, get down to Surrey - buy the fucking thing, give him a crack and then make my escape by pedalling back up North.

* OK, I admit it, it's because I always wanted one as a kid - used to feel a right tit on a 'normal' one as I was about 5' 9" when I was 12!

Edited by Youri McAnespie

99% of folk on Ebay are ok, but there are scammers for sure.

I sold a mobile phone on there,the bloke who bought it starts sending me shitty emails saying "wheres my fcuking phone?" etc

He must have forgot that i sent it recorded delivery,and HE signed for it - i even had a copy of his signature and the exact time and date that he signed for it - i never heard from him again.

If i hadn't sent it recorded delivery,he would just claim he never received it,get a refund off paypal - then leave me negative feedback.As a seller you can't leave bad feedback for the buyer anymore.

I also once had a "buyer" who never paid for my item,therefore i never sent it - yet he was still able to leave me negative feedback........not quite right is it?

I had a similar email once off someone about posting an item, at christmas

I had a rant back along the lines of "do you want me to fucking hand deliver it?"

Never had a reply back

I had a mate sell something around Christmas (Digi Camcorder) anyway...there wasn't a prayer it would arrive in time for Christmas in the post and it was only 10 minutes or so from his work, so on his way home one night he took the thing round in person. Very kind spirited and festive of him wouldn't you agree? Wrong! the woman went ballistic at him - "what you doing here?", "where did you get my address from?" (she obviously wasn't a full shilling - where did she think he was going to post it to? 'Lady who bought camcorder, somewhere in Bury, UK).

The stupid cow even left him negative feedback - all for him playing good samaritan and helping ensure her festive celebrations could be recorded for posterity. The seller feedback he left for her was really funny - made her look like the tit she was.

Last time I used Ebay a group of us were going to the Oktoberfest. Some German guy was selling his reserved table for 10 in the Hacker tent. Loads of ale loads of food included.

Paid slightly above face value for the equivalent of tickets to the Superbowl.

Totally saved our Oktoberfest weekend, we'd never have got a look in otherwise.

The guy who sold us the tickets, very matter of fact, "no problem fellas, enjoy yourself"

• Members

When I moved out into my own gaff last year I left with nowt but an xbox and a DVD player with surround sound. I had to kit out the entire flat apartment.

Ebay was my saviour. It, literally, saved me thousands.

As a lot of stuff I had to buy was big, I had to do a lot of collections. There are some fuckwits out there who cannot even give you a correct postcode to collect from ... which is REALLY fcuking annoying especially when it's around the Moss Side area. There are though some genuinely nice people out there too who are very helpful.

My Mum's even got a dog walking pal out of it after she went to collect something from me from a woman's house who lived near her.

We're moving house this weekend so have spent the last couple of weekends in the loft and shed emptying it of shite that has been unused for the past 6 years.

Stuck a lot on ebay collection only and made over ?300 on shite we were just going to chuck away.

Does make up for the odd disappointment, like the time a ?130 kid's bike seat and rack thingy that had been used about 3 times went for ?1.73. Bloke who picked it up must have felt sorry for me and gave me a fiver and told me to keep the change.

Ebay's more of a buyer's market than a sellers one nowadays.

Too many hafwits out there.

You're not wrong there Traf - but you knew that anyway :D

Does make up for the odd disappointment, like the time a ?130 kid's bike seat and rack thingy that had been used about 3 times went for ?1.73. Bloke who picked it up must have felt sorry for me and gave me a fiver and told me to keep the change.

Maybe if you'd put a starting price of 20 or 30 quid on the item, that wouldn't have happened...... Hindsight eh?

When I moved out into my own gaff last year I left with nowt but an xbox and a DVD player with surround sound. I had to kit out the entire flat apartment.

Ebay was my saviour. It, literally, saved me thousands.

As a lot of stuff I had to buy was big, I had to do a lot of collections. There are some fuckwits out there who cannot even give you a correct postcode to collect from ... which is REALLY fcuking annoying especially when it's around the Moss Side area. There are though some genuinely nice people out there too who are very helpful.

My Mum's even got a DOGGING pal out of it after she went to collect something from me from a woman's house who lived near her.

I've bought and sold loads on Ebay this year.

I recently nearly paid ?150 for a chandelier, decided to look on Ebay, found the exact same one, unopened in the box, for ?30. The guy lived in Wigan so I collected it, which saved on postage.

Sold loads too. But as mentioned already on here, you have to be brutally honest about any marks on items. Had a right nightmare with one woman, who left really bad feedback without trying to sort it out with me. This nearly ended up with me driving to Prestwich and putting her windows through.

Had a couple of people claiming they didn't receive items, but I have refused to refund as I always have at least a Certificate of Posting or use special delivery for more expensive items.

Sold ?230 of clothes in the last few months, all stuff I was going to take to the Charity Shop originally.