Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Villa Game Postponed

Happy Wanderer

The game between Aston Villa versus Bolton Wanderers due to be played on Tuesday has been postponed.

A statement by Bolton Wanderers reads

Bolton Wanderers can confirm that Tuesday evening's Barclays Premier League fixture has been postponed, following talks with Aston Villa and the Premier League.

The Club would like to thank Aston Villa and the Premier League for their kind support and understanding at this time.

A new date for the fixture will be announced in due course.

• Site Supporter

Fans on Blackburn site saying they would rather our game with them were called off too if the Bolton players didn't feel up to it. For a team locked with us in a relegation battle, the consensus is that they should not be allowed to get an advantage due to playing us when our own player's heads aren't in it.

If it does go ahead I echo other threads; let's get behind the whites and spend every moment chanting the name Fabrice Muamba.

Fans on Blackburn site saying they would rather our game with them were called off too if the Bolton players didn't feel up to it. For a team locked with us in a relegation battle, the consensus is that they should not be allowed to get an advantage due to playing us when our own player's heads aren't in it.

If it does go ahead I echo other threads; let's get behind the whites and spend every moment chanting the name Fabrice Muamba.

If it is to go ahead, that is exactly how I will spend my 90 minutes. A full house chanting his name is what he can watch on Saturday whilst on his way to better health. We can only hope this.

• 2 weeks later...

villas fixtures...not easy.

maybe....just maybe? on 33 points now.

Liverpool away

stoke home

man utd away

sunderland home

bolton home

west brom away

spurs home

norwich away

Edited by gonzo

Liverpool away

stoke home

man utd away

sunderland home

bolton home

west brom away

spurs home

norwich away

Missed their next game which is Chelsea at home - another defeat for 'the villa'

Liverpool away

stoke home

man utd away

sunderland home

bolton home

west brom away

spurs home

norwich away

Theyre lucky they are on 33 points as they look horrendous at the moment. A win v us though and thats them ok. I can see a few other points there also, prob finish on around 40

How do you come to that conclusion?

Look at the remaining fixtures for Wigan, QPR and Wolves and we should be above them at the end of the season

He implies we won't get more than 32,that won't be enough (thanks to Liverscum :angry: ).

Look at Wigan's last 2 games - Rovers and Wolves.

They worry me,as others have remarked, the turd that won't flush.

9 more points may just do it for us.

I think we'll manage it.