Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

This Weather.....

gonzo

• Moderators
46 minutes ago, Leyther_Matt said:

Course it is!

Pre made food that's ready to go or made quickly out of pre prepared ingredientsΒ 

The counter element is fundamental to this also

That's what I'd go with anyway

You lot have lost your marbles - being a resturant doesn't not make it 'fast food' hence the term Fast Food Resturant. Its food that when ordered (even sat down) can be prepared (or is pre-perpared and served quickly and is associated with foodΒ  that is typically less nutritous.Β 

No dictionary definition would even mention counters I wouldn't have thought.Β 

And I have many pointless dicussions on here but this is right up there 😁

31 minutes ago, Spider said:

If your order is taken at your table by a waiter and you don’t have to go to a counter, it’s a restaurant.

anything else is fast food.

Nando’s. For example.

Nando’s is a slight grey area because the food is delivered to your table. Five Guys satisfies neither of those criteria. Β 

1 hour ago, Not in Crawley said:

You lot have lost your marbles - being a resturant doesn't not make it 'fast food' hence the term Fast Food Resturant. Its food that when ordered (even sat down) can be prepared (or is pre-perpared and served quickly and is associated with foodΒ  that is typically less nutritous.Β 

Take away is the term folk are looking for.

• Site Supporter
24 minutes ago, gonzo said:

Take away is the term folk are looking for.

Not if you’re eating inside. The take away element is away from the building, not away from the counter.

1 minute ago, MickyD said:

Not if you’re eating inside. The take away element is away from the building, not away from the counter.

If they're eating inside it can still be fast food thats my point.

Β 

Edited by gonzo

• Moderators
2 hours ago, Not in Crawley said:

I think it's fair to say though, whilst it doesn't define the food, 99.9% of the time, you order fast food at a counter

I can't think of any examples (so its 100% for me personally) where I've sat down, peroused a menu, gave a waiter an order and had my food in a couple of minutes if not right away

are there any fast food experiences out there involving table service and waiters, I need to experience this at least once

14 minutes ago, Zico said:

I think it's fair to say though, whilst it doesn't define the food, 99.9% of the time, you order fast food at a counter

I can't think of any examples (so its 100% for me personally) where I've sat down, peroused a menu, gave a waiter an order and had my food in a couple of minutes if not right away

are there any fast food experiences out there involving table service and waiters, I need to experience this at least once

I've waited less time for a pizza at Franca Manca than I have at times for a macdonalds ordering on one of those machines.

The point is a fast food restaurant isn't defined by a counter.Β 

Β 

• Moderators
6 minutes ago, Not in Crawley said:

I've waited less time for a pizza at Franca Manca than I have at times for a macdonalds ordering on one of those machines.

The point is a fast food restaurant isn't defined by a counter.Β 

Β 

I know, I acknowledged that twice about the counter

I just want fast food to be brought to me by a waiter one day, I'd feel like a king, if only for a moment

Β 

• Site Supporter
45 minutes ago, Zico said:

I know, I acknowledged that twice about the counter

I just want fast food to be brought to me by a waiter one day, I'd feel like a king, if only for a moment

Β 

McDonalds do it? You can order at the machine and they will bring it to your table if you want?

22 hours ago, Sweep said:

@Big Esaid he loves entering Five Guys.....

He actually prefers it the other way around and all at once.

18 hours ago, Sweep said:

M&S Burger sauce is very similar to the Big Mac sauce as well

As is the much cheaper one from Crucials

8 hours ago, Not in Crawley said:

If the family want a decent fast foodie meal out I'd rather go somewhere like Franca Manca.

Went to FM in Waterloo a while back, not impressed tbh and the wines were shit.

4 minutes ago, Traf said:

He actually prefers it the other way around and all at once.

As is the much cheaper one from Crucials

Went to FM in Waterloo a while back, not impressed tbh and the wines were shit.

Never actually had a drink in there but I love the bitter lemonade they do. Always liked their pizza's for the price and the kids love em.

1 minute ago, Not in Crawley said:

Never actually had a drink in there but I love the bitter lemonade they do. Always liked their pizza's for the price and the kids love em.

Cheap enough, I'll give you that, but the beer & wine weren't great.
As an aside, I don't mind mooching around Waterloo, some decent places to eat/drink and a belting kebab shop if you're that way inclined.

3 minutes ago, Traf said:

Cheap enough, I'll give you that, but the beer & wine weren't great.
As an aside, I don't mind mooching around Waterloo, some decent places to eat/drink and a belting kebab shop if you're that way inclined.

Aye its not bad - the graffitti tunnels, walking through to The Cut - always nice in summer.

• Moderators
3 hours ago, Winchester White said:

McDonalds do it? You can order at the machine and they will bring it to your table if you want?

I want them to bring a menu to my table, give me a few minutes to think, take a drinks order first, etc