Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

This Weather.....

gonzo

• Members
4 hours ago, Traf said:

He actually prefers it the other way around and all at once.

As is the much cheaper one from Crucials

Went to FM in Waterloo a while back, not impressed tbh and the wines were shit.

Went to Franca Manca the other Sunday cos we couldn’t get in Rudys (the restaurant, not the lying fucker) it was ok. Nowt amazing. 

51 minutes ago, Not in Crawley said:

Aye its basic pizza from a chain - but its more value for money than a Zizi or a Pizza Express.

True and it feels a little less like a chain gaff.

A bit like Miller Carter does.

8 hours ago, Traf said:

True and it feels a little less like a chain gaff.

A bit like Miller Carter does.

Hate them bastards. Took over my favourite sunny afternoon (keeping on topic) pub The China House on other side of harbour from Barbican.

Always look for independent gaffs over chains.

Anyhow, not enough rain to leave ground wet overnight and looks like NW has better chance of getting the thunderstorms tomorrow evening 

39 minutes ago, green genie said:

Hate them bastards. Took over my favourite sunny afternoon (keeping on topic) pub The China House on other side of harbour from Barbican.

Always look for independent gaffs over chains.

Anyhow, not enough rain to leave ground wet overnight and looks like NW has better chance of getting the thunderstorms tomorrow evening 

Just in time for the gay pride parade :(

18 hours ago, Not in Crawley said:

Talking of food - went to Bancone again last night. Seriously if you like pasta get yourself here next time you are in central London. Its fucking beautiful;

image.png.33adfd125094cca4de294cc7b60e11fb.pngimage.png.a04d22de98a16198fb8aa821a455d9d0.png

That top pic looks like they forgot most of the ingredients making a lasagne.

30 minutes ago, mickbrown said:

That top pic looks like they forgot most of the ingredients making a lasagne.

That my friend is silk handkerchiefs pasta, walnut butter with confit egg yolk and it is lovely, but not as nice as my Mackerel, seaweed butter and paccheri.

Any before everyone thinks its all dead posh - the first dish is only £11 - as I say, its a nice place to go if you're around Covent Garden and don't want the usual pap or being charged the earth for re-heated pub food.

• Site Supporter
6 minutes ago, Not in Crawley said:

That my friend is silk handkerchiefs pasta, walnut butter with confit egg yolk and it is lovely, but not as nice as my Mackerel, seaweed butter and paccheri.

Any before everyone thinks its all dead posh - the first dish is only £11 - as I say, its a nice place to go if you're around Covent Garden and don't want the usual pap or being charged the earth for re-heated pub food.

£11 for a soggy sheet of pasta and an egg yolk. For 15p extra you can get a full Mixed Grill in Whetherspoons.

2 hours ago, Not in Crawley said:

Gosh you're right. What was I thinking?

Homemade fresh pasta with a good sauce is the bees. There’s nothing better. Proper Italian pasta dishes even beat the Naples pizzas for me. 

Fuck the weatherspoons peasants, they know nothing.

And don’t take photos of your food in restaurants! Use one from the website next time 😂

17 minutes ago, London Wanderer said:

Homemade fresh pasta with a good sauce is the bees. There’s nothing better. Proper Italian pasta dishes even beat the Naples pizzas for me. 

Fuck the weatherspoons peasants, they know nothing.

And don’t take photos of your food in restaurants! Use one from the website next time 😂

I'll not have anything said against a Spoons - big fan of their curry club and breakfasts. Many a time kept the family well fed.

Why would I use one from a website? Seems a bit odd that when that's where I was and that's what I ate?

image.png

• Moderators
27 minutes ago, Not in Crawley said:

You saw through it you kinky devil.

It's actually a gay S&M dungeon - just trying to drum up some business for their Northern Straight Lads fetish weekend.

I'll bring my dark blue hanky

6 hours ago, Not in Crawley said:

I'll not have anything said against a Spoons - big fan of their curry club and breakfasts. Many a time kept the family well fed.

Why would I use one from a website? Seems a bit odd that when that's where I was and that's what I ate?

image.png

Spoons in awful food 😉 I’ve not been to one since their Covid shenanigans. (Apart from once in an airport). 

I guess it’s the stereotype of the omg student types who feel compelled to take a picture of every nice dinner they consume. Clearly you’re not one of them. 

best pasta dish I ever had was a pesto lasagna in Genoa. 

7 hours ago, Not in Crawley said:

You saw through it you kinky devil.

It's actually a gay S&M dungeon - just trying to drum up some business for their Northern Straight Lads fetish weekend.

I genuinely was in a gay S&M Dungeon about an hour ago helping the owners hold a hoist to the ceiling whilst a joiner fixed it.

Seriously.

52 minutes ago, gonzo said:

I genuinely was in a gay S&M Dungeon about an hour ago helping the owners hold a hoist to the ceiling whilst a joiner fixed it.

Seriously.

Not your first rodeo either, cowboy xx