Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Berlin

DazBob

I'm thinking of going for 3 nights in September and thinking of stopping in the Mitte part of the city.

Firstly, is this the best place to stay as a base to go and do touristy stuff?

Secondly, any suggestions on the best touristy stuffy to do?

Danke

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Frandsen08

I'm hoping to head to Berlin later this year as i have never been but i love Germany.

the times i have been to Germany no matter where you stay the public transport tends to be second to none so its easy enough to get to A-B

if you can plan it around a German bank holiday they usually have some kind of street festival consisting of German broads serving you beer and jager at 10am

• Moderators

We stayed in Mitte, there was a metro but I had no idea where we actually were.

I did the wall, Checkpoint Charlie, the gate things and Reichstag area in an afternoon. Job done.

Edited by Carlos

• Moderators

if you were to get chance to go watching Union Berlin, do so

do the holocaust memorial, gate, etc etc, all close together

have a smoke indoors, just because you can

I'll definitely be doing anything/everything I can that relates to Nazis/Holocaust/WWII, etc plus the Berlin wall and communism stuff.

Footie would be nice but will be going with a lass I think (32FF) so that's unlikely.

Edited by DazBobParr

I'll definitely be doing anything/everything I can that relates to Nazis/Holocaust/WWII, etc plus the Berlin wall and communism stuff.

It's a while since i went but the Checkpoint Charlie museum is a must. Full of all the contraptions that people used to escape from East to West. Hot air balloons made out of old raincoats, hollowed out Trabants, etc. Amazing place.

You're surrounded by remnants of WWII in the centre of the city. Hitler's concreted-over bunker. SS barracks. Bullet holes in the walls of old buildings around the centre. Red Army grafitti on the walls of the Reichstag.

The old TV tower in East Berlin is worth a visit. It's a bit like the BT tower. You can go right up to the top and get a 360 degree panoramic view of the whole of Berlin. Think it might be free as well.

Not far from there is Orianburgstrasse which is good for bars. You can also see old rail lines that used to transport people to Dachau in this district.

I'm hoping to head to Berlin later this year as i have never been but i love Germany.

the times i have been to Germany no matter where you stay the public transport tends to be second to none so its easy enough to get to A-B

if you can plan it around a German bank holiday they usually have some kind of street festival consisting of German broads serving you beer and jager at 10am

Start with clogland....it was almost german :D

We stayed in Mitte, there was a metro but I had no idea where we actually were.

I did the wall, Checkpoint Charlie, the gate things and Reichstag area in an afternoon. Job done.

fuckin great trip that, got some great photos

cant remember where we were boozing though it was all a blare

Footie would be nice but will be going with a lass I think (32FF) so that's unlikely.

you takeing big tits then

what about Miss greaves i thought .......SHE'S THE ONE........ :thumbsup: