Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Pompey Tomorrow

Thorpey

• Site Supporter

Are the more excitable Chelsea fans demanding their manager be sacked?

Has every game been the same?

Are that playing non-league, Scottish park and trialist footballers?

I too clinging on to the preseason fact but it really doesn't look good.

Are the posters who are not concerned with the friendly performances, the same posters who:

Were not concerned with the results after the Stoke semi,

Then not with last seasons start to the season

Then not concerned around Christmas,

Then not concerned during the run-in

Then not concerned after WBA going into the Stoke game

head_in_sand.jpg

Is it safe to come out yet?

• Site Supporter

Losing 3-0 to Pompey could be the best thing that has happened this pre season.

Kick up the arse, they (including Coyle and his merry band of staff) all need.

Ratwhite, turning negatives into positives since 1967

Can't do the water/wine thing yet though.

Onwards and upwards, he's got til end of September for me, and that's only because we HAVE to go back up this season, so Sept will give a new manager a fighting chance

Edited by Ratwhite

Losing 3-0 to Pompey could be the best thing that has happened this pre season.

Kick up the arse, they (including Coyle and his merry band of staff) all need.

Like the optimism, Ratwhite.

But didn't Coyle & his merry men get enough kicks up the arse last season ?

Or did they think the Championship was going to be a cakewalk ?

• Site Supporter

Like the optimism, Ratwhite.

But didn't Coyle & his merry men get enough kicks up the arse last season ?

Or did they think the Championship was going to be a cakewalk ?

Last seasons gone ( but not forgotten)

As many have said previously we have a great Championship squad. I was meaning that yesterdays drubbing should:-

1. Give Coyle the ammunition to bollock a few ( which it appears he has)

2. Allow him to redouble his efforts and focus on getting that first team right in the two weeks left before Burnley.

3. Hopefully make the squad realise that the effort required to compete in the championship (as displayed by a passionate Portsmouth side) is three times more than currently being displayed and that it will be anything but a cakewalk.

No doubt the championship will throw up some different challenges but we must sort ourselves out first.

Solid defensive structure is key

Developing partnerships all over the pitch.

Considering a strategy to take away from home but adapting to improve home form.

The Pompey has to be THE kick up the backside to highlight several issues.

And the vibe and perhaps sensible approach to the season from ww posters is to give the coaching team 6 weeks!?!

2. Allow him to redouble his efforts and focus on getting that first team right in the two weeks left before Burnley.

3. Hopefully make the squad realise that the effort required to compete in the championship (as displayed by a passionate Portsmouth side) is three times more than currently being displayed and that it will be anything but a cakewalk.

The team is totally disorganised. Example, when Portsmouth goalie got the ball, both their full backs went wide for a throw out and the no 7? who ran midfield in the first half came back to receive the ball. When Bogdan got the ball there was no option to throw out, build up from the back. Both full backs put their heads down and ran upfield, there were no central midfielders visible, God knows where they were. So he had to belt it downfield. N'gog's strength isn't in the air, so Portsmouth got the ball back and they dominated possession in the 1st half. I don't think that we put more than three passes together.

We all know that Knight isn't a pinpoint passer of the ball, but no midfielder ever made an attempt to make themselves available for the easy pass. I well remember a 1-0 at Pompey where Campo controlled the game in a masterclass. Back 4 under pressure give it to me relieving pass to own man in space, available for the pass back, give it to own man in space again.

There was no picking up of midfield runners, even though we were supposed to have 5 in midfield to start the game, the central midfield was totally bare. 1st goal the lad from the back must have run 40 yards with the ball with no-one within 10 yards of him.

Free kicks totally unthreatening, absolutely no variety. Portsmouth knew what we were doing all too easy to defend.

Could go on and on.. won't bore you any more.

As many have said previously we have a great Championship squad. I was meaning that yesterdays drubbing should:-

I agree ............... but SHOULD is the operative word.

Last not-to-be-forgotten season, the same situations arose and were not tackled.

I hope to be proved wrong.

These lads and lasses are keen but a bit behind the times...

Bolton-Wanderers-fans--001.jpg

Incidentally, why does a image search of the term 'sack the board banner' bring forth a inordinate number of images of apes and/or Father Christmases? Bizarre and (possibly) sickening...

Edited by Youri McAnespie

I was stood in front of a Coyle out blanket at fulham last season

And Norwich away was similar.

And those games also remind me of how much I spend on football

Shit fan

Ive been fortunate enough not to be near any bed sheets. In hoping it'll stay that way,

Ive been fortunate enough not to be near any bed sheets. In hoping it'll stay that way,

We shouldn't ever need any banners or blankers or any visuals whatsoever. The Chairman of the club should know when its totally wrong and not a cat in hell's chance of turning round.

At the moment I am concerned and dont believe Coyle will get us back to the prem; its too late to change it now before the start of the season so he and the players will get my backing. Just wish he proves me and many other doubters wrong