Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Racist Chants

superjohnmcginlay

• Members

So if there's a black bloke in the changing rooms feeling up kids, you can call him a paedo, a nonce but not coloured?

Correct. A black nonce is fine, a coloured nonce is just plain offensive.

If, however, he's found to have one of the white kids inside him then I think it's fine to call him a choc ice.

• Members

Other than to give MK some moral support, I am not buying into this debate. Like cunts constantly knocking on our door trying to prise money from you for their particular charity, the holier than thou high moral ground brigade (often still wet behind the ears) have completely fucked the anti racism campaign with their over the top zeal.

A simple question. Don't Millwall have a few players that are other than white? Do their terraces abuse their own then?

Anyone who starts with "I don't want to sound racist, but..." is virtually guaranteed to come out with a racist comment.

The example at the swimming baths: if the member of staff had asked if the kids were black, then we'd have to know the tone of his voice and the context before deciding whether he was being racist or not.

However (and only IMHO), the fact that he attempt to deflect the racist card made his reply racist.

I don't get wound up over much nowadays, but racism makes my blood boil.

It's evil and unnecessary.

Yes. And yes.

Off topic I know but...

My first experience of "Millwall" in the early to mid seventies is of a mob of about 20 - 30 of them walking down the centre of Mannie Rd towards the ground. Bolton kept outnumbered em by about 5 to 1 but we kept coming off second best. Within their ranks were about four of five huge black lads. They always were a multi ethnic mob.

Makes me laugh when "so called experts" tarnish them as the being the home of the NF or EDL.

you know i took my kids swimming last month, i got into the changing rooms and there were a couple of young black lads making a mess of the changing rooms.

i gave em a bit of a rollickin` then i went out to the pool and said to the attendant, `you might want to nip in there pal, theres some kids smashing the lockers up.`

he said to me, i dont want to be racist mate, but were they two black lads?`

This is shit but the problem isn't political correctness - it's a possible misunderstanding of what is and isn't unacceptable. And yes, this is a problem because people are worried about saying and doing the wrong thing. This was whipped up by the Sun in the '80s when schoolkids apparently couldn't refer to a blackboard or sing Baa Baa Bloody Blacksheep at school (since proven to have been a fabrication by said "newspaper"). Those kids were behaving like dicks and should have had a rollicking whether they were black, white or one legged lesbians from Islamabad, to bastardise a stereotype.

Oh, and Traf's right too imo.

Edited by Bosh66

• Members

Off topic I know but...

My first experience of "Millwall" in the early to mid seventies is of a mob of about 20 - 30 of them walking down the centre of Mannie Rd towards the ground. Bolton kept outnumbered em by about 5 to 1 but we kept coming off second best. Within their ranks were about four of five huge black lads. They always were a multi ethnic mob.

Makes me laugh when "so called experts" tarnish them as the being the home of the NF or EDL.

You sure they weren't white lads who'd blacked up so they could pin it on the darkies?

You sure they weren't white lads who'd blacked up so they could pin it on the darkies?

As an aside, I was forced to go into town last week. I swear there was a girl wanderering around (in a blue tabard, just to narrow it down) who appeared to have donned 'blackface'.

I pointed her out to my 'bird', and she reckoned it was probably a beauty treatment...Whatever it was, it was bizarre, but attracted no real attention.

Edit: I know loads of numb c*nts, none of 'em (to my knowledge) are racist tho'.

Edited by Youri McAnespie

• Members

My point was that they are numb cunts but hey, you stay up there on that soapbox son.

:D

I'm not on a soap box. I'm just saying that, IMO, using someone's colour as a way of insulting them is a touch pre-historic.

If you're happy to do so and think it just boils down to name-calling and hurts no-one then that's your choice.

Would you encourage your wife to ask for 'nigger brown' tights in the shop if someone was black was serving her? After all, it's your right, right? ;)

If my players wear blue and orange bibs, I refer to them as blues or orange.

If they wear white or black kit (last season) I refer to them as white shirts or black shirts.

As perhaps if I said 'mark the black' someone could be offended so I cover my back.