Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Boggers

Sweep

Is he the worst keeper we've had in the last 20 years?

I've never been convinced by him, and certainly don't blame him for our current standing, but does anybody actually think he's any good? I'm not sure I have ever seen anything in him that makes me think he's even remotely anything more than average.

I'm struggling to think of a worse keeper that we've had in the last 20 or 30 years

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Farnworth, Salmon, Ward, Banks

At this age Jussi was shaky as fook, he used to boot most things from open play straight into touch. He's got lots of potential, whether the fans have the patience to develop is another thing. IMO he's the very least of our worries.

We've had worse, Steve Banks for starters.

Forgot about him, he was shit...and a dwarf as well.

Still, it doesn't detract from the fact that Bogdan isn't very good. Although no doubt people will come on here and say he has "potential" which is just a shit thing to say, he isn't and won't ever be a good keeper, he's just plain shit

He's got lots of potential, whether the fans have the patience to develop is another thing. IMO he's the very least of our worries.

Has he really got potential? What makes you think that, is it because he's young?

I do agree, he's the least of our worries, and it can't be easy for him playing I a team that has been a bit cack since he was given the job on a regular basis

• Moderators

Kevin Poole was so old he went down in instalments - not shit, just old and slow when we had him

Banks was too short to be a keeper, folk used to say "good shot stopper though"

aye, that's his job

, folk used to say "good shot stopper though"

As soon as people say that about a keeper, you know he is shit.

Anyway, clearly we've had some shit keepers, but we've had some good 'uns as well

Jussi

Dibble

Anymore?

• Moderators

thought Matt Clarke did good in his limited time with us, was hoping we'd sign him permanent but turns out Jussi was better

Al Habsi was well, obviously

mind you, just checked - seems Matt Clarke played 8 games for us, which ain't that many, but Al Habsi played something like 16, which ain't that many more!

Edited by ZicoKelly

Is he the worst keeper we've had in the last 20 years?

I've never been convinced by him, and certainly don't blame him for our current standing, but does anybody actually think he's any good? I'm not sure I have ever seen anything in him that makes me think he's even remotely anything more than average.

I'm struggling to think of a worse keeper that we've had in the last 20 or 30 years

He did pretty well ay Brighton I believe.

He may not be as good as Jussi was, but he's far from shit.

I'm not saying he's shit, I'm just not sure he's very good. Would anybody be upset if we brought a new keeper in during the January sales?

People,talk about how he is young and will get better. He's 25 years old, he's not a kid, and were not in a position where we can afford to let him "get good" over the next 3 or 4 years.

I'm not saying he's shit, I'm just not sure he's very good. Would anybody be upset if we brought a new keeper in during the January sales?

People,talk about how he is young and will get better. He's 25 years old, he's not a kid, and were not in a position where we can afford to let him "get good" over the next 3 or 4 years.

Saying he's the worst keeper we've had in 20 years, with the likes of Banks, Ward and Poole in there is pretty much saying he's shit without saying the actual words.

To be fair though I don't particularly rate him. He does have his good games, but he also has far too many poor games and makes a lot of mistakes.

I personally would be looking to bring in a keeper such as Given in January

• Moderators

you are though, when you think he's the worst keeper we've had in 30 years

I think we have more pressing problems that need addressing.

I agree with that, I'm certainly not using Bogdan as a scapegoat for our current ills, it certainly hasn't been easy for him coming into a team that has seen more losses than wins. I would love him to come good, I really would, I'm just not sure it'll happen. I guess that we were spoiled by having a good, consistent keeper for so long.

you are though, when you think he's the worst keeper we've had in 30 years

Actually, now my memory has been refreshed with some of those names from the past, I can concede that he's certainly not the worst keeper we've had, I'll hold my hands up to that.

Whilst I still don't think he's very good, I will admit we've had worserer keepers.

I do think he'll be bench warming come January though