Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Tharras

Smiffs

You're probably right but I'm looking forward to seeig how the big fella does

Always the bridesmaid....

They're about the only two decent throwers in the BDO competition but neither of them would have got into the last 16 in the PDC. I don't get the motivation for aspiring players to stay with the BDO when you know the better players are in the PDC unless there's some notion that it's their only chance to be a World Champion.

They're about the only two decent throwers in the BDO competition but neither of them would have got into the last 16 in the PDC. I don't get the motivation for aspiring players to stay with the BDO when you know the better players are in the PDC unless there's some notion that it's their only chance to be a World Champion.

Well, the two lads in the final tonight would get 6. 10, or if they were very lucky, 15k prize money in the PDC.

In the BDO they're getting 30 for turning up and 100 for winning tonight.

Do they come over a bit ironic when presenting the trophy - presumably the guy who wins will be full aware he's not even top 20 in the world? Personally I'd feel awkward being called world champion in the circumstances.

Waites would actually hold his own in the PDC.

He's made 2 grand slam finals winning one.

He may make the switch very soon.

Waites would actually hold his own in the PDC.

He's made 2 grand slam finals winning one.

He may make the switch very soon.

It used to be case that the BDO wouldn't allow you to enter their World Championships unless you signed a contract that if you won that you would defend your title. Not sure if that still stands

He could go over to the PDC but he'd have to give back the 100k he won. The PDC invite the four BDO semi finalists to go over but their BDO contracts require them to give up their prize money.

I think he'll stay with the BDO another year, it is really hard to make he switch as you effectively have to start from the bottom. Last year Dean Winstanley made the switch as the then BDO number 2, had a decent season and is only ranked just out of he top 32. It will take a couple of seasons for anyone to really make an impact so it is a risk making the switch.

It is still very bitter between the two codes even though it has been 20 years since the split.

Guest bwfcdan

He could go over to the PDC but he'd have to give back the 100k he won. The PDC invite the four BDO semi finalists to go over but their BDO contracts require them to give up their prize money.

I think he'll stay with the BDO another year, it is really hard to make he switch as you effectively have to start from the bottom. Last year Dean Winstanley made the switch as the then BDO number 2, had a decent season and is only ranked just out of he top 32. It will take a couple of seasons for anyone to really make an impact so it is a risk making the switch.

It is still very bitter between the two codes even though it has been 20 years since the split.

I like Winstanley, i think he'll do well in the PDC. Top 16 by this time next year.

He's probably made more in the time he's been with the PDC in pro tour events.

He made 3 TV majors which suggets that.

Chisnall made 65,000 in Pro Tour events.