Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Th'egg Chasing

superjohnmcginlay

who?

Them who have to teach folk how to use wheelchairs.

It's a pointless part of the game nowadays. 16 blokes huffing and puffing over a few inches of territory with the half back staring at a blokes arse for a week whilst anyone not in the scrum catches hypotermia.

Get the ball out and play the fucking game.

He's going to buy the councils share of the stadium, 51 per cent. There is also a relief rd being built next year.

Not sure of the "official" attendance last night but seeing as the tickets were only on sale from Wednesday it was a decent turn out.

Fuck. That's gonna cost him a fair wedge. Fair do's to the fella.

and tomorrow we have the superbowl. as many folk off the pitch waiting to defend if their team are attacking,

I really don't get that game.

I've tried (geddit) when I worked on NFL stuff, I sort of got what they were doing but they just need to get on with it.

Salford for me too. Used to be wiggin but started to get a bit fed up when they had no competition, win after win so I went to the other extreme.

What the ex leyther said though. I used to play union and reckon I could do now if I wasn't such a lazy twat.

No comparison though, league is far superior. Just need a fresh team for my lad as his has folded. He plays at full back and he's like greased lightning. Getting tubby as he's not played for weeks

Athy dragons?

Take him down to leigh easts. First class facilities and excellent youth set up. I'll send you the blokes number who'll make sure he's looked after if you want.

He's got it to spend. Koukash could shit money.

I know mate and that's what suprises me. He's a businessman not a Salford fan. Not een a rugby man. There's no money to be made out of it so I'm wondering what's behind it all.

I'm suspecting peel holdings and property somewhere.

Either way he's tipping up so fair enough.

• Moderators

I know mate and that's what suprises me. He's a businessman not a Salford fan. Not een a rugby man. There's no money to be made out of it so I'm wondering what's behind it all.

I'm suspecting peel holdings and property somewhere.

Either way he's tipping up so fair enough.

obv, there has to be a chance he's in it for himself but he claimed in a long interview on radio manc that he is a convert to the game through some administrator

watched a few games at saints

http://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/p0024gg2

Ironically, Macdonalds produce a simple product with high levels of salt and sugar which can be easily enjoyed by anyone, as opposed to the more 'difficult' food which might be served in a quality restaurant and which simple palates might struggle with.

Obviously in this case I think people around here like League for good solid reasons of familiarity, and sense of place but given it's clearly a simpler game, and allegedly more entertaining, I'm not sure you picked the right 'restaurant' for the comparison. All Macdonalds teaches us is that the easiest to understand and enjoy will triumph, which should result in League trumping Union.

obv, there has to be a chance he's in it for himself but he claimed in a long interview on radio manc that he is a convert to the game through some administrator

watched a few games at saints

http://www.bbc.co.uk...rammes/p0024gg2

Sounds a bit like how he got involved in horse racing to be fair.

He's also the owner of quite a bit of property on Merseyside & Cheshire and loves his sport.

Hopefully, for Salford's sake, he'll love Rugby as much.

• Members

Why is McDonalds the biggest 'restaurant' chain in the world when it sells shit?

Kabadi is played by millions of people in over 60 countries. Does that trump rugby union?

Maggie stressed entertainment value. I would humbly suggest, sir, that people are voting with their feet.

RL - 3 English counties, two Australian states and token presences in France and Papua New Guinea.

So has it been for as long as I can remember including failed experiments in London, Adelaide and Perth.

I see no growth therefore popularity for RL is at best stagnant and exists only in traditional hotbeds. Outsiders/others are not taking it up.

Freely admit that it is a game for super fit hard bastards and admire it for that. Has never and will never make the hair stand on the back of my neck like the national anthem at Twickenham, Parc des Princes etc. does.

Still, if we all liked the same things............................................

Ironically, Macdonalds produce a simple product with high levels of salt and sugar which can be easily enjoyed by anyone, as opposed to the more 'difficult' food which might be served in a quality restaurant and which simple palates might struggle with.

Obviously in this case I think people around here like League for good solid reasons of familiarity, and sense of place but given it's clearly a simpler game, and allegedly more entertaining, I'm not sure you picked the right 'restaurant' for the comparison. All Macdonalds teaches us is that the easiest to understand and enjoy will triumph, which should result in League trumping Union.

No.

I chose McDonald's because its a global brand despite serving up shit.