Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Junior Football

tomski

Probably was.

Dont get me wrong, some of the teams are good, and most of the coaches n managers are good, but its run poorly, ans is obsessed with money, and not willing to spend any. Also, shocking pitches.

Sounds too serious for kids this age, but all depends on what you want out of it. If you want reliable mangers & coaches, backed by clubs, and have enough footballs, kits and training equipment to go round, you want to look at Strikers, CMB, ladybridge, Moss Bank. All good clubs.

Strikerz has almost a profesional set up, with ex pros and current Prem coaches & scouts involved in different levels of the club.

Nice one.

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Site Supporter

Moss Bank are a belting club, run by some really good football people.

They are close to buying a factory in view to converting into indoor facilities. cant knock that for ambition.

Strikerz getting some flack from those hearing 2nd hand stories, imo ovcourse.

played against moss bank at u10 on Saturday and I'd agree wholeheartedly with that statement.

depends on area you live and what you want regarding team, but at that age it should be about enjoying it and developing.

• Moderators

i am suspicious of all the local 'superclubs'

bromley cross, bolton county spring to mind

sure they started off well intentioned but may have lost their way

how do you think strikerz will differ

whats in it for them?

i am suspicious of all the local 'superclubs'

bromley cross, bolton county spring to mind

sure they started off well intentioned but may have lost their way

how do you think strikerz will differ

whats in it for them?

To be honest, I believe they want to make a difference, and try and change the way football is played, good coaching, and real development.

They try to have £1 left in their accounts at end of seasons, all goes back to kids.

With them bing a new club, and parents excited about taking kids to them, other clubs lose out on these kids, so become very bitter.

When I was at Oxford Grove, the message from the people who run the club was "Strikerz" are all about money. When themselves were obsessed wth their Bank Balance, and not willing to invest back into the kids.

The irony was, they used to ask Strikerz for kids to fill their teams, when needed.......!!!!

End of the day, everyone is free to take kids to who they want.

What I want, for my son, is for him to play as much as possible, and games not be called off, due to a drop of rain, or some snow.

• Moderators

To be honest, I believe they want to make a difference, and try and change the way football is played, good coaching, and real development.

They try to have £1 left in their accounts at end of seasons, all goes back to kids.

With them bing a new club, and parents excited about taking kids to them, other clubs lose out on these kids, so become very bitter.

When I was at Oxford Grove, the message from the people who run the club was "Strikerz" are all about money. When themselves were obsessed wth their Bank Balance, and not willing to invest back into the kids.

The irony was, they used to ask Strikerz for kids to fill their teams, when needed.......!!!!

End of the day, everyone is free to take kids to who they want.

What I want, for my son, is for him to play as much as possible, and games not be called off, due to a drop of rain, or some snow.

for 4 or 5 years, i pretty much single handedly ran a team, including running the bank account

we were shit but i had 16 lads every week, so we were doing something right

it was always a worry come july/august that we wouldn't have the funds to register the team, and buy fresh equipment

if youve got 30 odd teams, you HAVE to have some monies in the bank

so i do have some sympathy for the 'big boys'

i just think they have too much interest in finances and winning pots!

My dad run Astley Bridge junior football club for over 10 years, was hard work, very hard work.

Strikerz dont have a super secret way to survive and grow, but they do have a good money stream.

Subs are a bit more expensive, and these extra courses my lad goes on, are £5 a session. They also sell Strikerz merchandise.

That £5 a session gets you 1 hour with a United and Bolton coach.

Its these coaches, that help support the Team managers / coaches.

The teams try to get 3 people running a team, Manager, Coach and Secretary. So each can concentrate on the job.

You may be right about the being focused on winning, but they do it by developing kids at the game. They do have fun, and nobody is forced to stay at the club.

Wigan kepper Pollit runs one of the under 10's I think.

Dave Flitcroft sometimes does these £5 sessions himself.

Edited by Pablo

• 1 month later...

Ladybridge - good solid club for years

Horwich rmi have some good honest lads involved.

Strikerz - the club all the pro teams in the area look to first, due to being a little eliteist and having coaches with contacts into most pro clubs in the north west!

There is a team called vipers in Sth Manchester that run in the same way as strikerz!

• 4 weeks later...

Funnily enough I'm giving strikerz a buzz today. The setup seems bang on after your recommendation, thanks pal.

Did you sort it pal ?

If not, get onto Moss Bank. They have a belting Under 7's team.

Did you sort it pal ?

If not, get onto Moss Bank. They have a belting Under 7's team.

With the season ending we decided to wait till it started up again, don't know if this is the right way to go about it?

• Moderators

I heard a cracking story about under 9s. Some twat took his kid for trials at another team as the current one was holding him back. Fucking holding him back at 9! Maybe I should pass his details on to Gumbo as he's obviously the next Beckham.

I heard a cracking story about under 9s. Some twat took his kid for trials at another team as the current one was holding him back. Fucking holding him back at 9! Maybe I should pass his details on to Gumbo as he's obviously the next Beckham.

That's mental. It shouldn't be like that.