Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Bargain Buys Corner (Incorporating 'the Daily Scutter').

Youri McAnespie

It really is not.

Another example (apart from my Sprout investigation), Harrods sell some exclusive Biscuits at around £10 a box. They are made in a factory over Nelson way I think, other Supermarkest buy the same biscuits from them, but use their own packaging....sell them at half the price.

Farmhouse Biscuits in Nelson.

They make for all different places, but whether they have separate production lines is debatable.

Used to get some nice biccies and a brew whenever I delivered there.

Farmhouse Biscuits in Nelson.

They make for all different places, but whether they have separate production lines is debatable.

Used to get some nice biccies and a brew whenever I delivered there.

Belting place.

We buy some stuff from them, for client gifts etc.

CWP, on 09 Sept 2013 - 3:36 PM, said:snapback.png

I'll wager Youri can get a weeks worth in trolley and still have change from a £20 note ;)

I did mean exclusive of the whoops counter swoopers :)

Chance would be a fine thing these days, certain folk have taken to blockading the fridge with trolleys and waiting for the price stickerer to come round and further reduce the stuff...I can't be arsed these days, I stick to buying fruit, veg and meat local and only go to the Supermarket for household goods, milk, cereal and booze.

CWP, on 09 Sept 2013 - 3:36 PM, said:snapback.png

Chance would be a fine thing these days, certain folk have taken to blockading the fridge with trolleys and waiting for the price stickerer to come round and further reduce the stuff...I can't be arsed these days, I stick to buying fruit, veg and meat local and only go to the Supermarket for household goods, milk, cereal and booze.

People can be quite vicious when hitting the reduction well. Have seen a few fights break out and having the reduction gun was the closest thing Ill ever feel to being a god ha

I've seen 'em filling a trolley with semi-reduced stuff then mooching about until a 'spotter' sees the price gun lad/girl, then they head a back to the cabinet to get it marked down to rock bottom...Well, this is what I suspect they're doing.

Arseholes.

:)

Edited by Youri McAnespie

People can be quite vicious when hitting the reduction well. Have seen a few fights break out and having the reduction gun was the closest thing Ill ever feel to being a god ha

I had a harsh word with a family once, they were following the price gun round M&S at Middlebrook.

My 3 main issues were

Did it need to be a full extended family evening out

Give other people a chance to swoop

Harrassing/meithering the shop assistant

They were quite surprised someone pointed their ignorance out. The M&S girl smirked at them.

I had a harsh word with a family once, they were following the price gun round M&S at Middlebrook.

My 3 main issues were

They were quite surprised someone pointed their ignorance out. The M&S girl smirked at them.

Certain folk don't give a fuck about how they come across its serious business. The little old lady with no personal skills at sainsburys was in every night without fail when I did permanent lates for 3 years( I'm sure there was a night she wasn't their but I cant remember her not being in) she'd come in at 7:30/8ish and hide stuff in her trolley and then say 'oh I have just found this on the shelves' can you whoops it?

I never used to care that much but others did. I felt a bit sad she would spend 2.5 hours a night or Sunday in Sainos every night to save a few quid.

One mystery I would like to know is she'd go with a trolley full every night. Where the fuck did the food go?

My 3 main issues were

You've got to do something if your husband hasn't had his contract renewed & the kids can't sleep at night.