Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

New Shirt - No Quick Quid

Gonk

In short, he's one of the most loathesome cunts I've ever encountered.

But to suggest that a "protest" where there were more media than protestors had any real impact on this is fucking laughable.

It's embarrassing. I think it was BD who said how many of those who signed the petition did it purely for their own political beliefs rather then the good of BWFC. It really is a sad day if they're now dictating how the club is run.

It'd also be interesting to hear his views on toothless blow jobs.

Egg-fucking-zactly, he needs to chill out, going round booting stuff when it goes tits-up...

C'mon Phil - how would you kill an elephant?

I suspect they avoid forums like this one, because usually, the wisdom of the crowd gets through - and the truth hurts, better to think we're all like the 'dysfunctional oddbod family loudly arguing in the supermarket' type posters on forums erm...elsewhere.

Edited by Youri McAnespie

• Moderators

It's embarrassing. I think it was BD who said how many of those who signed the petition did it purely for their own political beliefs rather then the good of BWFC. It really is a sad day if they're now dictating how the club is run.

Indeed, only time will tell what damage has been done due to the club having its name dragged through the mud. All because certain people thought their opinions were more important than the club. Once this has died down, they'll be jumping onto the next cause celebre.

This new 'virtual' rabble rousing - it's baffling how many people follow the herd online. You'd think this was the case with the petition.

Have a read of this link, it's kind of related to this liking/signing petitions/donating money to dubious causes type of thing going on right now. It's only two minutes of a read...

http://daylandoes.com/facebook-like-scams/

As I said in a previous post, the few on here still apparently in love with the idea of quick quid on our shirt are in the massive minority and yet somehow are trying to claim the club has been bounced into this by political extremists. Show me the hundreds of emails to the BN in support of the idea, the counter petition saying quick quid must stay... the public bodies welcoming them with open arms...that's right, they don't exist.

• Moderators

As I said in a previous post, the few on here still apparently in love with the idea of quick quid on our shirt are in the massive minority

I don't think anyone was in favour of it. Many just didn't give a fuck. You seem unable to grasp that.

It took some effort to turn us into a bigger joke than Blackburn. Well done.

Why? Loads on here don't go to the game - for lots of very valid reasons. Does that mean their views aren't valid? Especially when many of those same people have put in the hard yards in Div 4 etc. As it goes, I'm a season ticket holder, but I recognise there are many people as passionate about BWFC who don't or can't go regularly.

It's symptomatic of the Facebook/Twitter scan read mentality, that if you're writing against the Quick-Quid protest it's also a given that you're in favour of being sponsored by Quick Quid.

Happened last week with the 'Kicked off in London' thread, people jumping to the conclusion that the EDL got criticism on the thread and the UAF lot didn't...Read the f*cking thread properly, this isn't f*cking Twatter.

What I fail to grasp is why you feel so outraged at the overturning of a decision which by any measure had angered a huge number of BWFC fans...and continue to misrepresent the scale and nature of the protests which helped to bring that about.

And every single non Wanderers fan I've spoken to about this, far from seeing us as a joke club, has actually been really impressed that for once a club has been forced to listen to the paying customer.

What I fail to grasp is why you feel so outraged at the overturning of a decision which by any measure had angered a huge number of BWFC fans...and continue to misrepresent the scale and nature of the protests which helped to bring that about.

And every single non Wanderers fan I've spoken to about this, far from seeing us as a joke club, has actually been really impressed that for once a club has been forced to listen to the paying customer.

I think you've spoken to different people to me then

• Members

Why? Loads on here don't go to the game - for lots of very valid reasons. Does that mean their views aren't valid?

In some cases their views aren;t valid.

There will be a LOT of folk in the 4,000 or so who signed the petition who don't go. Not because they can't go, but because they can't be arsed ... yet are up in arms about a logo on our shirts.

In some cases their views aren;t valid.

There will be a LOT of folk in the 4,000 or so who signed the petition who don't go. Not because they can't go, but because they can't be arsed ... yet are up in arms about a logo on our shirts.

I don't know, how could we, but I would guess that there will be many from miles away from Bolton.

Many people go but get pissed. Do we have a sliding scale, ranging from Dougie (most valid) to Diddles?

Diddles neither goes nor gets pissed

Edited by boltondiver

I couldn't give a shit if quick quid were sponsors (other than it feeling a bit tin pot).

I felt the protest from the fans was a bit Father Ted 'down with this sort of thing'.

Most of the pressure on the club will have come from mps and sadly fat Clifford. As well as other sponsors corporate bods who may have threatened to pull out due to bbeing linked with bad publicity rather than a moral objection to QQ.

I'm happy the club have caved to the negative publicity as I don't like to see BWFC spoken about in a negative light.

I'm glad the new sponsor is championing the ingenuity of the town's academic institution.

Edited by frank_spencer

I couldn't give a shit if quick quid were sponsors (other than it feeling a bit tin pot).

I felt the protest from the fans was a bit Father Ted 'down with this sort of thing'.

Most of the pressure on the club will have come from mps and sadly fat Clifford. As well as other sponsors corporate bods who may have threatened to pull out.

I'm happy the club have caved to the negative publicity. I'm glad the new sponsor is championing the ingenuity iof the town's academic institution

When you say "sponsor", does that imply money being paid to sponsor?

I can't see anything in the statement which refers to any money being involved (ie the word "sponsor" seems to be missing) Wonder if it's for free?

Edited by boltondiver

Do you know the club have backed down? Or is that conjecture? There's a big possibility that QQ withdrew, isn't there? Maybe we gave them a cooling off period. (joke).

60 people within hours, Stella Creasey got here from London, yet only 59 others bothered, indeed, many of those could have been passers by. Be interesting to see how many of your 4500 actually go to games.

However, give yourself a pat on the back, as clearly that's all the protestors really give a shit about.

Gartside's statement saying they'd underestimated the adverse reaction and they'd "taken on board the feedback from the fan base" seems proof positive to me that the club have backed down. Not sure how you could read it any other way.

I was tending to favour Carlos' theory that they (Quick Quid) might have pulled out. I was a bit dubious that Phil's statement was 'proof positive' the club had backed out. However, a mate of a mate just texted me, he just bumped into Gartside in Nandos, and put this to him, he (Darkside) patted the breast pocket of his suit jacket and said he had the fax [which told Quick Quid to sling their hook] in there at that very moment.

This is good enough for me, oh aye, Dazbob and Gonzo, he also said he definitely would, but he'd only go to £3 and she'd have to keep her bobble hat on.

• Members

I'm already hunting down a Quick Quid shirt.

If you can't find one, you could always buy the new one, cut a hole out of the middle of it and have Quick Quid tattooed onto your midriff. Job's a good'un.

If anyone buys a replica shirt with 'Quick Quid' on the front (over primary school age), you are a complete and utter fuckwit.

Mind you, plenty sold with the bookies on the front.

Can you give a +10 at all?

I'm already hunting down a Quick Quid shirt, it's top of my wants list alongside an Umbro Cambrian track top.

::lol::

Guest Blixa

If you can't find one, you could always buy the new one, cut a hole out of the middle of it and have Quick Quid tattooed onto your midriff. Job's a good'un.

Ironic that we're discussing the herd mentality in this thread. Tattoos in 2013 are the living proof of it.

Anyway, I hear Garty is flogging them off at the car boot in town this Sunday. It's to finance a new holding midfielder.