Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

New Shirt - No Quick Quid

Gonk

I like it best kit we have had for ages and new badge is a bonus. The sponsor has gone from embarrassing to meh. Can't really make out the university of Bolton bit so could have been a lot worse.

Fact that the only negative comments seem to be from that cardboard cut out Diddleswithhimself (is he a piss take please tell me it is) is another bonus. Too old to get excited by kits but Junior Snowballs main aim today was to get on the Internet during double German at school and check it out without getting caught, pleased for him it's smart.

Fight the Bedroom Tax

Don’t ignore the harsh facts

Fight the bedroom tax.

Just the latest of all-too many attacks

On parents, who are in debt to the max.

On the unemployed, so beloved of Sun hacks

Spreading smear stories. That smacks

Of hypocrisy. Yet the rag still sells stacks.

We must answer their pernicious lies

Campaign and counter this cruel cut. Cries

Against a policy of folly which flies

In the face of compassion, humanity. Tries

To rob us of our dignity, and demonise

The poor as scroungers, who parasitise.

Why should this come as any surprise?

All the main parties stand up for the rich

And Labour is only too keen to ditch

Its principles and even launch witch

Hunts against the few – fighters who refuse to pitch

In, to raise an acquiscent hand to vote for cuts. They are the all-too slight glitch

In New Labour’s cowardly submission. The itch

They cannot scratch. The corpse of Clem Attlee gives a final twitch.

We can’t waste time, in a futile attempt to resuscitate

Ghosts of Old Labour – it is all too late.

Given the scale of the attacks, which will decimate

All that is left of the welfare state.

Start afresh, rebuild, don’t hesitate

Or succumb, despite our perilous state.

Past gains were not handed to us on a plate.

GloucesterWhite has enough on his plate locally - why only last week Fred and Rose West were named Mayor and Lady Mayoress of the town (posthumously, in Fred's case).

Fred West would be a damn sight better than the Tory twats we've got at the moment. At least there aren't any UKIP or BNP.

Fred for Mayor :thumbsup:

That 'poem' - it's no 'Bollocks to the Poll Tax' is it? Why did I read it in John Cooper Clarke's voice an' all (in my head of course)?

I fail to see the relevance to our shirt or Gloucester Builder Fred West tho'.

Edit: I fucking hate the incorrect use of 'decimate'...

Edited by Youri McAnespie

I've seen it. I'm not sure where that petition shows someone supporting the club.

I'd be interested in his motives.

Fair point, I don't know his background or motives either. For my part I buy shirts (if the sponsor doesn't offend against my personal politics) and I buy match tickets to as many (mainly away) games as I can get to.

So was I, but I was brought up to believe one's political beliefs are irrelevant when it comes to football.

Then again, I'm not a journalist or have an agenda.

Though reading that, I'm not sure he actually said he was in Belgrade.

Indeed, but it is portrayed that he might have been. Like a journalist might.

We could do an exchange & you could have Fat Cliff.

Our town crier is ex-National Front. I want to twat the cunt every time I see him.

Perhaps he could be sent to Wiggun, Bowtun or Glos doesn't deserve a Nazi town crier

Edited by Gloucesterwhite

This has had 'massive balls up' written all over is from start to finish. Makes you wonder if the club just employ folk with shit for brains as a policy. Our own little care in the community project maybe?

It's not the minimum wage staff behind the snack bar picking the club sponsor either....it's the shit for brains in the boardroom!

It's not the minimum wage staff behind the snack bar picking the club sponsor either....it's the shit for brains in the boardroom!

Perhaps because they took their eye off the ball when the takeover collapsed?

I'm struggling to understand those who still seem angry that the club has backed down. They keep referring to the 60 people protest (organised within hours of the announcement when many were probably still unaware it had been made and/or were at work)...as though only those 60 had any issue with it and somehow hijacked the issue. They ignore the 4,500 who signed the petition, every politician of every colour, trade union, citizens advice bureau etc. Clearly then those who thought the deal was a good one were hugely in the minority, not the other way round.

Some are still going on about the huge financial loss. Actually, given the club hasn't confirmed the actual figure none of us really know, but let's imagine it is the 200k a year bandied about, or even 500k over 2 years. Are you seriously saying we're so financially screwed that that amount is critical? That we have to stoop so low as to take the money from outfits like this one? Really? When we're about to write off more than twice that on Matt Mills? Do me a favour.

The fact the whole fiasco (how much have we spent manufacturing shirts with quick quid on which now have to be binned?) has probably cost a lot more than 200k is Gartside's fault for agreeing it in the first place - and another reason why he should resign.

To those who've held their hand up and said they got it wrong and thought the protest had no chance, thanks for your honesty. Hopefully what this has shown people is that as fans we do have a voice and if we're not happy with the way our club's being run we can do something about it.

I'm struggling to understand those who still seem angry that the club has backed down. They keep referring to the 60 people protest (organised within hours of the announcement when many were probably still unaware it had been made and/or were at work)...as though only those 60 had any issue with it and somehow hijacked the issue. They ignore the 4,500 who signed the petition, every politician of every colour, trade union, citizens advice bureau etc. Clearly then those who thought the deal was a good one were hugely in the minority, not the other way round.

Some are still going on about the huge financial loss. Actually, given the club hasn't confirmed the actual figure none of us really know, but let's imagine it is the 200k a year bandied about, or even 500k over 2 years. Are you seriously saying we're so financially screwed that that amount is critical? That we have to stoop so low as to take the money from outfits like this one? Really? When we're about to write off more than twice that on Matt Mills? Do me a favour.

The fact the whole fiasco (how much have we spent manufacturing shirts with quick quid on which now have to be binned?) has probably cost a lot more than 200k is Gartside's fault for agreeing it in the first place - and another reason why he should resign.

To those who've held their hand up and said they got it wrong and thought the protest had no chance, thanks for your honesty. Hopefully what this has shown people is that as fans we do have a voice and if we're not happy with the way our club's being run we can do something about it.

Well said, sir

I was anti your reasoning as you know, but was wrong to have a go at you. I don't agree with the snippet above, I maintain that without Gartside our recent history would have been very different. Any it shows why Eddie D hasn't been on the phone to you if you don't think that any 200k or 500k ISNT critical to a business that has suffered a sudden 40m drop in revenue, of course it is.