Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Ashes - 2Nd Test, Lords

Underpants

• Members

Miami - even though our openers seem to be firing blanks at the moment, the Aussies are already conceding defeat. This does not make me go easy on them. Efforts redoubled  :thumbsup:

There is significant infighting in the Aussie camp. Rumoured down here that Clarke nearly took the quick way out and wanted to walk when Arthur went. Cricket Australia talked him out of it - rumoured to be with financial enticements. All sorts of other rivalries in the camp - two or three cliques/cliches/quiches.

They are a shambles - hence my earlier comment that 117-9 was a true measure of their ability. Fuck them. I want us to humiliate them. I had 20 years of pain to cope with (note - never admitting defeat and never taking a backward step) so I have a lot of repayments to make. Hoping for a 5-0 whitewash.

Can any of you true stattos tell me what the biggest fourth innings chase has been at Lords in an Ashes test? Just curious on where we need to be. Something tells me that we may already be there.

Nightwatchman and a catch off some filth from a part time leggie.

Load of rubbish talked about declaring - watching them hate every minute in the field is priceless.

Declare half way through tomorrow's morning session