Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Ww Product Testing Thread

jules_darby

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Bloody hell, that easy? Right, so what's the ratio & do I need to buy decent vodka? I usually get Russian Standard.

I normally make glacier mint vodka. A bag is generally enough for a litre of vodka.

Decide what flavour you fancy then add about 200g of your chosen sweet to the vodka. Once they've dissolved taste it and add more if necessary.

I use supermarkets own brand vodka usually.

I normally make glacier mint vodka. A bag is generally enough for a litre of vodka.

Decide what flavour you fancy then add about 200g of your chosen sweet to the vodka. Once they've dissolved taste it and add more if necessary.

I use supermarkets own brand vodka usually.

Thanking you very much.  I will try this.

Bloody hell, that easy? Right, so what's the ratio & do I need to buy decent vodka?  I usually get Russian Standard.

Is it any good that brand? It might be really good, I've never had it - I'm a Finlandia or Absolut man (add a veneer of respectability when your buying a bottle at 11am ;)), but the name Russian Standard - well, don't they add sliver of garlic to Vodka in Russia because it's that dodgy, some of it, aren't there always stories of Russian pissheads going blind or deein off dodgy batches...

'Russian Standard' suggests perhaps not up to much, it suggests - "might blind you, add garlic to taste" :)

Another good one to try, buy a few punnets of cherries, fresh or frozen, put 'em in a jar with clips/seal and stick a bottle of Vodka over them. Leave them a week or so then get pissed by eating rather than drinking.

Edited by Youri McAnespie

Is it any good that brand? It might be really good, I've never had it - I'm a Finlandia or Absolut man (add a veneer of respectability when your buying a bottle at 11am ;)), but the name Russian Standard - well, don't they add sliver of garlic to Vodka in Russia because it's that dodgy, some of it, aren't there always stories of Russian pisshead going blind or deein off dodgy batches...

'Russian Standard' suggests - "might blind you, add garlic to taste" :)

Another good one to try, buy a few punnets of cherries, fresh or frozen, put 'em in a jar with clips/seal and stick a bottle of Vodka over them. Leave them a week or so then get pissed by eating rather than drinking.

I find it a smoother taste. It's either that or Stoli for me, unless I'm feeling flush, then it's Belvedere.  I'm supping more red wine  these days but do like my vodka so will give this flavoured vodka malarky a bash.

Vegemite? It's only about £2 a jar isn't it? Not bad saying they ship it from Australia still.

It's matt Vegemite rather than gloss (Marmite, supermarket own brand), keeps longer and is a by-product of the brewing industry - and is pretty nice on hot buttered Warbies, although I've not ate it since I stopped smoking, so, ten years at least.

Edited by Youri McAnespie

I am at a Basque cider festival tomorrow Youri, I will get you a bottle to see if it passes the Bolton cider tramp test.

There was one in Cuerden Valley last weekend, you flash bastard.

Well, not a Basque one, but tramp juice is tramp juice in all languages isn't it?

Oh, I've supped enough of that, drew the line at wearing a fisherman jumper and beret though...

All the proceeds (at this Feria) seemed to be in aid of 'political prisoners', they had photocopied A4 sheets with their photos and names pinned up everywhere...

This was on a wall in Bilbao - one of the nicer pro/anti ETA bits I saw.