Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Thing's You Never See Anymore.

leigh white

Women donkey stoning their step.

Can we deduce from that that all women these days are slatternly harlots?

There's been a drop in the use of net curtains which would probably be undeniable proof of this hypothesis (if they were dirty).

:)

Don't remember some of the past with rose tinted spectacles...

Women under peer pressure to perform meaningless and physically demanding household chores.

Piss and shit ridden manky toffees at vastly increased price, sat for God knows how long uncovered.

Mangy dogs running amok biting and leg-humping at will.

Pikeys meithering door-to-door.

Dog shit everywhere.

Smelly (as in B.O. smelling, not of curry products) understocked, overpriced, "we're doing you a favour", shut at 8pm whitey-owned shops.

People bumming int' bogs.

Kirby Cleaner Scouse c*nts.

Aye, I'm really missing all that...

Edited by Youri McAnespie

What did pisspots do between 4pm & 7pm when the boozers were shut?

Kwik Save at the bottom of Churchgate then onto The Parish Church, another spot where the alky held court was near the Elephants on Newport Street - dunno where they got their brown glass bottles of Strongbow from though? I'm sure the old Morrisons didn't do booze, I think there was some restriction on selling alcohol off-licence within certain areas. Hanburys didn't do booze either IIRC.

• Members

Rattles at football matches (not that I remember them)

Clipper Cards on buses (do they still do them? I remember being pleased as fuckery when I got one)

Aye, there was nowt better than a brand new, unbent clippercard ... especially if they gave you a nice new sheath to go with it.

Can any of the bus wankers amongst us confirm if you still get weirdos on buses who stand next to the driver talking to him all the time.  There used to be one on the 506/507 all the time.  He wore a coat like Columbo and had hairy ears iirc.

Edited by DazBob

Can any of the bus wankers amongst us confirm if you still get weirdos on buses who stand next to the driver talking to him all the time.  There used to be one on the 506/507 all the time.  He wore a coat like Columbo and had hairy ears iirc.

Haha, I remember him..."The Conductor" we used to call him.

'Real' tramps - like that fella with the beard who was variously described as a ex-Police Chief, Fire Constable, Army Captain, Millionaire etc. By 'real' I'm meaning not beggars who are smackheads, but ones that walked the walk - sleeping on benches, looking in dustbins, carrying a bindle fashioned of a stick and spotted hanky (alreet, maybe not the last 'un :)).

Aye, there was nowt better than a brand new, unbent clippercard ... especially if they gave you a nice new sheath to go with it.

They get free travel all over the borough and beyond...

Surely, as they're already spending all day aimlessly mooching about on buses/trains, they could act as some form of non-urgent courier service to earn their keep? Douse them with half a bottle of the cheap knock-off Febreeze from the £1 shop and they'd be away.

Edited by Youri McAnespie