Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

No Dawson, No Win = 2013

Kane57

The bottom line is Knight isn't good enough. He may be getting too much blame, and he certainly isn't the only reason for our early season demise, but nobody should be sticking up for him. He's not a good defender and we need better options.

All true, but which of our current centre halves are really better than him?

The bottom line is Knight isn't good enough. He may be getting too much blame, and he certainly isn't the only reason for our early season demise, but nobody should be sticking up for him. He's not a good defender and we need better options.

I agree completely.

Having said that, whilst he's playing , just like all our other players, he should receive our full support.  Save the moaning for in the pub and on here.  Abusing/booing players whilst they're on the pitch can only make things worse.

Huh? You sure you're talking about Rhodes' second (Blackburn's fourth).

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bhLUk6mJ2HQ

55 seconds in.  

Honestly, I'd blame Mears for that. If Knight was tighter on Rhodes then the player with the ball had the whole 6 yard box at his mercy. Mears (imo) should have covered on Rhodes while Knight helped to pressure the guy with the ball.

I guess it depends on what they are coached to do.

• Moderators

I agree completely.

Having said that, whilst he's playing , just like all our other players, he should receive our full support.  Save the moaning for in the pub and on here.  Abusing/booing players whilst they're on the pitch can only make things worse.

i think some that wouldn't normally condone booing had a go because of his reaction to that goal

gave baptiste a serious on field bollocking in what looked like an attempt to shift any blame for himself

rightly or wrongly, i read freedmans comments about 'deflecting blame from themselves' as aimed at knight

might be miles off

I was of the opinion that Mills was hopeless after watching him away at Millwall last season

But fuck me, he's got to have a turn playing now after the two chuckles brothers performances at Blackburn

Mears Baptiste Mills Tierney, has got to be worth a go, they couldn't do any worse

I think Dougie should take the captains armband off Knight and give it to Spearing or Medo. I think the added pressure of being captain when the guy is clearly very shy & introvert does not help him or the squad at all. He struggles to focus on his own job as a CB let alone deal with captain responsibility.

and what do you think having the armband taken away would do to this suspected fragile mind?