Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

4 On 4 Off Nights.

radcliffe white

A while ago I was thinking about doing this,anyhow it looks more likely that I will now I need some night workers to answer these please.

The company pay weekly how does that work if some weeks your off for the majority of it?

What's the best routine like sleep eat etc it's 6pm-6am.

Over to the class!

I used to do 8 on 6 off then 4 on 3 off. Paid monthly so not sure but imagine they'll be no issue. Regarding sleep 9-8 in the evening worked for me and stay up as long as you can with the shortest of naps if needs be on the last day.

Always think the extra day off from nights was a con as you spend the first day trying to adjust being half asleep

Edited by tomski

A while ago I was thinking about doing this,anyhow it looks more likely that I will now I need some night workers to answer these please.

The company pay weekly how does that work if some weeks your off for the majority of it?

What's the best routine like sleep eat etc it's 6pm-6am.

Over to the class!

dont do it

did 3 last week only 8pm till 11.30 pm fuck me that was enough

• Site Supporter

Id have thought regular nights would be better than shifts? My brother used to do a week of 6-2, 2-10, 10-6; he was always fucked as by the time he got used to one shift he was then on the next one. I can work some seriously shitty and long hours but only every now and again so not too bad, couldnt cope with shifts I dont think.

I used to manage a team that worked a 4 on, 4 off shift, 5pm to 1am or 1am to 9am Mon to Fri, 1 til 1 at weekends. Their holidays were equalised too so they didn't get paid extra for doing bank holidays. It was also a bugger to arrange the shifts so people didn't work 2 consecutive Christmases & didn't work Christmas & New Year - I had to move things around a bit early December to facilitate that.

Worst thing about 4 on 4 off shifts is you only get two full weekends off in eight weeks, and if you do any hobbies with other people ie. football etc you tend not to be available for most of it. On the plus side you only work six months a year and a month of that is normally holidays, so only work 5 months and normally for a premium on shift pay.  Did shifts  for 11 years ,best thing i ever did was moving too 8-4 days ,piece of piss compared to 12 hour night shifts.