Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Dentistry

Smiffs

Apart from those doing it being crazed dominatrix types who enjoy inflicting pain, I don't know what the fuss is about.

Wasnt looking forward to it and I've only been once or twice in my adult life but needed a back tooth pulling out, a filling, a scale and polish.

No fucking about with it, get it all done in one go. Bring it on! I even got told off for getting the giggles during it all.

But have you ever seen a back tooth? Fucking hell fire. I'm serious - the roots must have gone to the back of my eyeball. Maybe further.

Don't know why I was putting it off, it was a piece of piss. I'm sure when the 5 horse strength injections wear off, all will be fine and I look ace with my sticker.

good_boy_at_the_dentist_stickers-rc8f403

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Not sure what concoction of painkillers he's taken this afternoon but he's flat out on the couch in his work gear and with his shoes still on and hasn't woken up since I've got in! If it wasn't for the fact he's snoring, I'd be a bit worried.

Not sure what concoction of painkillers he's taken this afternoon but he's flat out on the couch in his work gear and with his shoes still on and hasn't woken up since I've got in! If it wasn't for the fact he's snoring, I'd be a bit worried.

For the best, J.

It did seem around lunchtime that he was gearing up to kill someone if he didn't take anything.

Edited by Traf

For the best, J.

It did seem around lunchtime that he was gearing up to kill someone if he didn't take anything.

He rang me at work this afternoon to warn me he was going to be a grumpy bastard (his words) tonight which I thought was very considerate of him :)

one of my wisdom teeth is at a funny angle, will probably have to come out soon. not looking forward to that.

had 4 crowns on my front tooth in the last 6 years, bust 3 times, twice biting on food, once "grinding" my teeth (i think)

I dont want to worry you but I had the same & eventually I had to have it taken out. Private like as part of my medical insurance, so I got a choice of what sandwich & drink I wanted post op.

I no longer have pain from the tooth BUT I pranged my car as I was off my face on cocodamol (I now only take it socially) & now every time I yawn my jaw goes out of kilter.

Oh and I grind my teeth now more than pre the op

HTH

one of my wisdom teeth is at a funny angle, will probably have to come out soon. not looking forward to that.

had 4 crowns on my front tooth in the last 6 years, bust 3 times, twice biting on food, once "grinding" my teeth (i think)

Don't want to out you off but once they've put 3 injections in you, one of them right into the roof of your mouth, the only thing you feel about them being pulled out is when the dentist has their knee on your chest and your head is being violently pulled from side to side as they wrestle it out with pliers. The worse bit is hearing the tooth grind and crack as they go at it.

It's easy mate. Don't worry :D

Don't want to out you off but once they've put 3 injections in you, one of them right into the roof of your mouth, the only thing you feel about them being pulled out is when the dentist has their knee on your chest and your head is being violently pulled from side to side as they wrestle it out with pliers. The worse bit is hearing the tooth grind and crack as they go at it.

It's easy mate. Don't worry :D

My jaw ached like buggery when they pulled one of my molars out (second to back one). It took the guy a good 40 minutes of back and forth to pull it, and it bled for what seemed like a fortnight.

All was well and good until the painkillers wore off, and then it felt like I'd been in a fight with Tyson.

Oh, and I agree about the roots. Tooth looked about 2 inches long when he showed me.

Edited by SnoopJohnnyJohn

• 5 weeks later...
  • Moderators

well i've had 2 out today

very little pain so far and the dentist is the greatest woman in the world

had em out about 7 hours ago

should the pain have reached its height by now

ie can i stop at one bottle or do i open another?